WCW

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
Mike McCarthy Bowl

Seeing so much love for Dallas. Kinda surprising, since we all know how terrible Dallas is in the playoffs. But I get it... they're a different team at home. Well, let's do what we do, and take a look at who Dallas beat at home:

NYJ
New England
LAR (in October, when the Rams were still pretty bad)
NYG
Washington
Seattle (Dallas trailed in the 4th quarter)
Philly (when Philly couldn't beat anyone)
Detroit (yes, the game we all know Detroit really won)

So 4 of the worst teams in the NFL, another mediocre team, and 3 playoff teams. Although all 3 of those kinda have an asterisk next to them.

This is not a good GB pass defense. They are 20th, allowing 7.3 yards/att and 2nd-to-last with only 7 INTs all year. If Dak was ever going to have a good game in the playoffs, this looks like the defense to do it against.

Aaron Jones has found the fountain of youth the last 3 games. 63 carries for 358 yards (5.7/carry). They are going to need a big game from him to take some pressure off Jordan Love.

Ok, this is how bad Dak is... I trust Jordan Love in a playoff game more than I trust Dak. And here's how bad Mike McCarthy is.... I trust the Bears' coach (Eberflus? I don't even care enough to look it up.) more than I trust McCarthy.

I am 100% betting AGAINST Dallas, not ON Green Bay.

GB (+7) 5 to win 5.1
GB (ML) 2 to win 5.5
GB 1H (+4.5) 4.2 to win 4
Under (51.5) 2 units.
Aaron Jones over (75.5) rushing yards 6.9 to win 6
Aaron Jones most rushing yards in the game 9.8 to win 8

I'm waiting to see a line on Jordan Love rushing yards. I think he'll be forced to take off a few times, and he's good enough to get some yards. Right on cue, it just popped up.

Love over (8.5) rushing yards 5 to win 4. Just hope I don't lose this when he's kneeling down at the end of the game.
Machine gun game for ya Smitty, smoking! Proptopia. Aaron Jones may run all the way back home untouched.

Reactions: OtroPex

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
Machine gun game for ya Smitty, smoking! Proptopia. Aaron Jones may run all the way back home untouched.
for the love of god, i don't understand why anybody would have bet dallas today, given their playoff history. and their coach. and their qb.

i'm guessing jerry jones was on the phone with belichick at halftime. of course, they're fucked until he sells the team. and/or dies.

they should just play dak during the regular season, then bring in a "closer" for the playoffs.

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
LAR/Detroit

Gonna try to keep this one relatively short and simple. We'll see how that goes.

The whole fucking world is on the Rams. Most years, that means Detroit is basically a lock. But it's been a really weird year. I'm leaning towards Detroit on the ML, but I hate laying -155. Well, I hate laying -155 when I lose.

Detroit's pass defense is.... porous. I think Hutchinson is going to have to have a huge game getting after Stafford. He has 5 sacks in his last 2 games, so he's peaking at the right time. But most importantly, I think Detroit is going to need to keep Stafford off the field by controlling the game with the run. Obviously with Montgomery and Gibbs, they have the guys who can do that. They are 5th in the league, averaging 4.6 yards/carry (interesting side note... can you believe Arizona was #2, at 5.0 yards/carry?).

Sounds like LaPorta is playing, which is big for the Lions.

One other interesting factor, and one I haven't heard anyone talking about... today marks the return to the playoffs for.... drum roll please... Brett Maher!!!! Imagine the pressure, especially if he misses his first kick.

Ok, so everyone is on the dog and the over. That means either the fav or the under almost HAS to hit. Really don't love any of these, but here goes...

Detroit (ML) 3.1 to win 2
Under (53) 2 units
LaPorta TD 2 to win 3.3
Montgomery over (55.5) rushing yards 2.3 to win 2
Gibbs over (52.5) rushing yards 2.4 to win 2
What a day slayer!

Reactions: tcon142
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
What a day slayer!
for a game i didn't know what to do with... yeah, i'm happy as fuck with the results. right down to playing the ML instead of laying the points. is it weird that i'm thinking about treating myself to something from the goldbelly pastrami sale? $50 for 2-4 sandwiches suddenly seems almost reasonable.

1705292751553.png

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
for a game i didn't know what to do with... yeah, i'm happy as fuck with the results. right down to playing the ML instead of laying the points. is it weird that i'm thinking about treating myself to something from the goldbelly pastrami sale? $50 for 2-4 sandwiches suddenly seems almost reasonable.

View attachment 6966325
How would a king eat after conquering a city?

Reactions: TouchdownJesus

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
Congrats! I won on Rams +3 but lost small on the moneyline. I saw where they got to I think it was Detroit's 44 and had 3rd and 14. When I checked again pretty sure they had punted and Detroit ran out the clock. Might have been a long pass intercepted though, not sure.

I also got the Bruins ML in college bball so I listened to "I Love LA" by Randy Newman and then went to bed lol.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
Congrats! I won on Rams +3 but lost small on the moneyline. I saw where they got to I think it was Detroit's 44 and had 3rd and 14. When I checked again pretty sure they had punted and Detroit ran out the clock. Might have been a long pass intercepted though, not sure.
IIRC, they punted and Detroit picked up a couple first downs.

I also got the Bruins ML in college bball so I listened to "I Love LA" by Randy Newman and then went to bed lol.

:smilies1

• Love
Reactions: TouchdownJesus

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
Pitt/Buffalo

I'm really liking these games less and less as we move through the weekend.

I always laugh when these athletic qbs come into the league, have some initial success, everybody thinks they're awesome, and within a few years most people realize how bad they really are. We're just about at that point with Josh Allen. FFS, he wasn't accurate at Wyoming, he sure the hell ain't gonna be accurate in the NFL. Just another good running back with a strong arm who is not a good qb. He threw 18 INTs this year and fumbled 5 more times (losing 3), and that probably wasn't even his worst year!

Pittsburgh relies on a strong ground game with Harris and Warren. Warren actually had much better numbers this year (5.3 yards/carry vs 4.1 for Harris). But Harris was huge their last 2 games, running for 112 & 122 and 3 TDs. That was against 2 run defenses that are in the bottom 8 in the league, allowing 4.5 & 4.6 yards/carry. Well, don't look now, but Buffalo is 28th, allowing 4.6. I've never been a fan of Tomlin, but he's really no dumber than... well, just about every HC in the league. I'm counting on him to know they need to run the ball today. Rudolph has actually been really good since taking over, completing 74% of his passes with 3 TDs and 0 INTs, and averaging an impressive 9.7 yards/att. That said, he's still Mason Rudolph. And he's facing a solid Buffalo pass defense (even with all the injuries) that picked off 18 passes this year, 3rd in the league. If they pass more than they run, they're fucked. Oh, one more note on Harris... he's another big RB that defenders are going to hate tackling in frigid temps, and it looks like a real feel of 4° at kickoff.

The Bills finally have a little threat of a run game, as Cook averaged a decent 4.7 yards/carry, but he only found the end zone twice. Allen is still their primary TD scorer with 15 on the ground. Pittsburgh is 21st defensively, allowing 4.3 yards/carry. The Bills could have some success on the ground, if they actually stick with it. Pitt's pass defense is in the middle of the pack, giving up 7.3 yards/att while picking off 16 passes. Obviously the loss of TJ Watt is huge.

Ok, similar to the early game yesterday... I'm definitely not betting ON Pittsburgh... I'm betting against Buffalo. Neither team is all that good, this line is too high, and Allen is a turnover machine.

That said... when Buffalo jumps out to an early lead and Pittsburgh abandons the run... yeah, watch the Bills blow them out.

Pitt (+10) 2 units
Pitt (ML) 2 to win 7.5
Harris over (60.5) rushing yards 2.5 to win 2
Harris most rushing yds in game 1 to win 1.6
Warren over (59.5) rushing + rec yards 4.6 to win 4
Diggs under (67.5) rec yards 4.6 to win 4
Shakir over (34.5) rec yards 5.2 to win 4 (with Davis out, he's their big-play guy)
Pickens under (42.5) rec yards 6.9 to win 6
Allen TD 11.5 to win 10
Kincaid TD 1 to win 3
Knox TD 2 to win 12

Fuck, that's way too much for a game I don't like very much. And I like the next game even less.

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
Pitt/Buffalo

I'm really liking these games less and less as we move through the weekend.

I always laugh when these athletic qbs come into the league, have some initial success, everybody thinks they're awesome, and within a few years most people realize how bad they really are. We're just about at that point with Josh Allen. FFS, he wasn't accurate at Wyoming, he sure the hell ain't gonna be accurate in the NFL. Just another good running back with a strong arm who is not a good qb. He threw 18 INTs this year and fumbled 5 more times (losing 3), and that probably wasn't even his worst year!

Pittsburgh relies on a strong ground game with Harris and Warren. Warren actually had much better numbers this year (5.3 yards/carry vs 4.1 for Harris). But Harris was huge their last 2 games, running for 112 & 122 and 3 TDs. That was against 2 run defenses that are in the bottom 8 in the league, allowing 4.5 & 4.6 yards/carry. Well, don't look now, but Buffalo is 28th, allowing 4.6. I've never been a fan of Tomlin, but he's really no dumber than... well, just about every HC in the league. I'm counting on him to know they need to run the ball today. Rudolph has actually been really good since taking over, completing 74% of his passes with 3 TDs and 0 INTs, and averaging an impressive 9.7 yards/att. That said, he's still Mason Rudolph. And he's facing a solid Buffalo pass defense (even with all the injuries) that picked off 18 passes this year, 3rd in the league. If they pass more than they run, they're fucked. Oh, one more note on Harris... he's another big RB that defenders are going to hate tackling in frigid temps, and it looks like a real feel of 4° at kickoff.

The Bills finally have a little threat of a run game, as Cook averaged a decent 4.7 yards/carry, but he only found the end zone twice. Allen is still their primary TD scorer with 15 on the ground. Pittsburgh is 21st defensively, allowing 4.3 yards/carry. The Bills could have some success on the ground, if they actually stick with it. Pitt's pass defense is in the middle of the pack, giving up 7.3 yards/att while picking off 16 passes. Obviously the loss of TJ Watt is huge.

Ok, similar to the early game yesterday... I'm definitely not betting ON Pittsburgh... I'm betting against Buffalo. Neither team is all that good, this line is too high, and Allen is a turnover machine.

That said... when Buffalo jumps out to an early lead and Pittsburgh abandons the run... yeah, watch the Bills blow them out.

Pitt (+10) 2 units
Pitt (ML) 2 to win 7.5
Harris over (60.5) rushing yards 2.5 to win 2
Harris most rushing yds in game 1 to win 1.6
Warren over (59.5) rushing + rec yards 4.6 to win 4
Diggs under (67.5) rec yards 4.6 to win 4
Shakir over (34.5) rec yards 5.2 to win 4 (with Davis out, he's their big-play guy)
Pickens under (42.5) rec yards 6.9 to win 6
Allen TD 11.5 to win 10
Kincaid TD 1 to win 3
Knox TD 2 to win 12

Fuck, that's way too much for a game I don't like very much. And I like the next game even less.
I'm excited to track all your plays, good luck!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
thank you. it's gonna come crashing down at some point. hopefully not until the last game, at the earliest.

if i just get TDs from allen & knox, i'll be happy.
I've seen these rolls before from you. Need the games to start your way to set your well thought out game plans, enjoy reading your breakdowns. Take it!

jng

Packer Fan
Forum Member
Nov 15, 2000
thank you. it's gonna come crashing down at some point. hopefully not until the last game, at the earliest.

if i just get TDs from allen & knox, i'll be happy.
Nice call on Knox! Tailed. Thanks

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
Philly/TB

Let me be perfectly clear... both of these teams are big bet-againsts for me. Philly is absolutely terrible right now. And there's zero reason to think they're going to magically snap out of it. However, Tampa (especially at home) isn't much (if any) better. If I had any discipline, I wouldn't bet this game. Nobody should bet this game. Philly will probably win by exactly 3, and most people will get a push, which feels appropriate for this game.

Ok, I'm going to try to keep this relatively brief, because I don't want to spend much time on this game.

I don't need to rehash how Philly finished the season. They are awful right now. TB went 4-4 at home, with wins over Chicago, Tennessee, Carolina, and Jacksonville (when the Jags were in free-fall). And they were blown out at home way back in Week 3 by... *checks notes*... the Philadelphia Eagles. That game wasn't as close as the 14-margin looks. Philly had almost 300 more yards and 15 more first downs. That was also the last game Philly had a 100-yard rusher, which is a little surprising, given how strong their run game was last year. Anyway, the decline of that run game is a big reason why Jalen Hurts has returned to Earth.

Really, no result would surprise me this game. Maybe Philly does get it rolling again. Doesn't seem likely. They might not even show up, like last week against the Giants. Or maybe this was all part of their plan to play in Tampa this week instead of Philadelphia. Kinda smart. Anyway, not a chance in hell I can trust Baker Mayfield in a playoff game. So only totals and props for me this game.

Philly hasn't scored much on the road all year. Here's their point total from each game, starting at the beginning of the season:

38 (at Washington, who gave up a ton of points at home to everyone)

Take out that Washington game, and that's 15 points/game the last 5.

Meanwhile, Tampa Bay only gave up 17 points/game at home.

Under (43) 4 units
1H under (20.5) 4 units
Hurts TD 3 to win 2.4
Godwin over 54.5 rec yards 1.3 to win 1
Evans under 66.5 rec yards 4 to win 4
Goedert over 50.5 rec yards 2.4 to win 2

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
Bet on MyBookie