Week 12

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
NE (-4.5) 4 units. hate the line here, but the pats should roll. zappe was really good last year in 4 games. he completed 71% of his passes and averaged 8.5 yards/att. small sample size, but that's really good. 5 TDs and 3 INTs is ok for a rookie qb, but more impressively... on the road, he threw 3 TDs and 0 INTs. and the Pats averaged 26 points in those 4 games. they averaged 20 points/game in the other 13. of course, i go through all that and there's no guarantee zappe is going to start. but he split the first team reps this week, so i think we'll see him quite a bit. and the way this line is moving... those boys in the desert clearly expect SOME kind of spark for the pats today.

Houston (ML) 2 units to win 2.1.
Houston 1H (ML) 2.1 to win 2.
Jax/Houston under (48) 2 units. for some bizarre reason, the texans have dominated this matchup. what is it, 11 of the last 12, or something ridiculous like that. huge game, i think both defenses will rise to the occasion.

Cincinnati (ML) 2 to win 2.5. i'll pretty much always play the back-up qb in his first start. especially in this situation. the steelers are an absolute fraud, being out-gained in every game this season. they've been outscored by 29 points. apparently they are fighting amongst themselves in the locker room. and now they're favored on the road in a divisional game. new OC for pittsburgh. we'll see if he's patient enough to stick with the run game against cincinnati's horrible run defense.

parlay indy +3.5/over 41. 2 to win 2. really like the colts and over here, but my gambler's intuition is screaming that i'm going to get screwed in this one. ok, ok, it tells me that every single game. with these adjusted lines, the parlay pays even money.

Clev/Denver 1H under (18.5) 3 units
Clev TT under (18.5) 3 units. denver's d is playing well, and DTR is a joke of a qb. he's averaging 3.7 yards/att and thrown 4 INTs and 0 TDs. hilarious that he's even on a nfl roster.

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
almost forgot...

Buffalo (ML) 4 to win 5.2. philly coming off the big comeback win on MNF, and up next is SF and then dallas.

Reactions: Slumdog

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
Guess who's back? Back again?
Smitty's back, tell a friend
Guess who's back? Guess who's back?
Guess who's back?

I've created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Rocky no more
They want Smitty, I'm chopped liver
Well if you want Rocky, this is what I'll give ya
A little bit of me mixed with some hard liquor ( and bad losses :( )..

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
Guess who's back? Back again?
Smitty's back, tell a friend
Guess who's back?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what is that from? my GF sings that all the friggin' time. never heard it before that.

stok3d

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 20, 2023
Cincinnati (ML) 2 to win 2.5. i'll pretty much always play the back-up qb in his first start. especially in this situation. (a) the steelers are an absolute fraud, being out-gained in every game this season. they've been outscored by 29 points. (b) apparently they are fighting amongst themselves in the locker room. and now they're favored on the road in a divisional game. new OC for pittsburgh. we'll see if he's patient enough to stick with the run game against cincinnati's horrible run defense.

I was wondering when I would see someone post a thread with this take.

(a), Maybe so, but in the end, all that matters are W's & L's, and not how you got there. How many seasons (in any professional sport) have you seen a team who was a 'fraud (read: average, below expectations, barely scraping themselves into the playoffs)' go on a huge run and win it all (or come very close)?

(b) It was two players who had an argument. I wouldn't put much stock in that because it doesn't affect the big picture, if at all.I have seen this scenario time and time again, it's just an argument that the media happened to report on, and I'm sure arguments among players aren't all that uncommon during the course of a season.

Just wanted to point that out. Good luck with your wagers.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ndraider

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 12, 2023
NE (-4.5) 4 units. hate the line here, but the pats should roll. zappe was really good last year in 4 games. he completed 71% of his passes and averaged 8.5 yards/att. small sample size, but that's really good. 5 TDs and 3 INTs is ok for a rookie qb, but more impressively... on the road, he threw 3 TDs and 0 INTs. and the Pats averaged 26 points in those 4 games. they averaged 20 points/game in the other 13. of course, i go through all that and there's no guarantee zappe is going to start. but he split the first team reps this week, so i think we'll see him quite a bit. and the way this line is moving... those boys in the desert clearly expect SOME kind of spark for the pats today.

Houston (ML) 2 units to win 2.1.
Houston 1H (ML) 2.1 to win 2.
Jax/Houston under (48) 2 units. for some bizarre reason, the texans have dominated this matchup. what is it, 11 of the last 12, or something ridiculous like that. huge game, i think both defenses will rise to the occasion.

Cincinnati (ML) 2 to win 2.5. i'll pretty much always play the back-up qb in his first start. especially in this situation. the steelers are an absolute fraud, being out-gained in every game this season. they've been outscored by 29 points. apparently they are fighting amongst themselves in the locker room. and now they're favored on the road in a divisional game. new OC for pittsburgh. we'll see if he's patient enough to stick with the run game against cincinnati's horrible run defense.

parlay indy +3.5/over 41. 2 to win 2. really like the colts and over here, but my gambler's intuition is screaming that i'm going to get screwed in this one. ok, ok, it tells me that every single game. with these adjusted lines, the parlay pays even money.

Clev/Denver 1H under (18.5) 3 units
Clev TT under (18.5) 3 units. denver's d is playing well, and DTR is a joke of a qb. he's averaging 3.7 yards/att and thrown 4 INTs and 0 TDs. hilarious that he's even on a nfl roster.
Totally agree about Pittsburgh, their record
Is a fraudulent. Good luck today!

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what is that from? my GF sings that all the friggin' time. never heard it before that.
Eminem that crazy mofo , I always lover that guy. After my shit sandwich served cold yesterday, this popped in my mind when you posted. Do you play at all up to this point or mostly wait till this time of season? My strategy of personal extinction needs a reboot.

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
Eminem that crazy mofo , I always lover that guy. After my shit sandwich served cold yesterday, this popped in my mind when you posted. Do you play at all up to this point or mostly wait till this time of season? My strategy of personal extinction needs a reboot.
alrighty then. would not have guessed that. maybe she just sings it poorly. :)

oh, i've been playing. my sig is updated with what i've posted. having by far the worst nfl season i've had in a while. so, like a fucking idiot, i'm firing away today.

let's get some goddamn winners today.

Reactions: Slumdog
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg