Week 17 banger

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Real_Vision

Average sharp
Forum Member
Mar 23, 2021
Fargo nj
www.teamrankings.com
There is only ONE explanation.TON of money on Dallas in a prime time game. There is no other explanation for Dallas throwing the ball in that situation. Noone at ANY coaching level is that stupid.
probably not a majority view, but I agree. It’s rare that someone on Det (+5 pregame) is going to be realistic here, but there are some not so subtle ‘tells’ every couple of weeks in the nfl that leave little explanation other than both refs and coaches (and P Mahomes) act against the weight of the money as games end.

This time it was not just what the cowboys did - I have a bigger problem with the flag after the successful 2pt try—#68 clearly was told by Geoff to go report eligible, he is on tape going over to the ref who is having that conversation with #70. But mccarthy was either playing to cover (going for points there CLEARLY not a win) or intentionally leaving the door open. I can’t say which but even an aggressive playcaller would mix at least 1 run into that sequence. The 3rd down pass made sense but it was the 2nd down call that reeks man.

Lotta money changed hands I’m sure on that bs with the PAT. One reason to take points not ML’s in NFL, even if the det ML was robbed. And it probably impacts home field advantage In the nfc playoffs, not just this s/u outcome.

Like you said—dallas primetime game at home is $ for books, and IMO the league. We’re more likely to see that in the playoffs TWICE now due to this crap

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
One statement does not make the other false, both could be true! As a side note, the total was even more one sided, with everyone on the over. And of course it comfortably goes under.
I watched the game as an unbiased observer. Emotions are out of it when you are not betting. And I know how crazy this shit can make you when you lose big money in these types of games, and I've cried out fix myself because your eyes cant believe what you just saw... Lots on our forum think their's a fix on certain games they lose like this one because games like this are hard to believe. Makes us all temporarily insane yes, but I'm not a believer in this. I do believe that the league has pushed for parity with their salary caps and have achieved that to a large extent. You can watch these games and 3rd down opportunities are won or lost by inches , dropped balls, fumbles, or penalties etc. To me a 3rd down miss is so close in this league to a turnover depending on the teams playing. 40 yards to make up these days after a punt doesn't take long. The 1st half fumble out of the endzone by Lamb was brutal for Cowboys and their backers. Hard to bitch at him , he had an incredible game. Then Goff gave Dallas backers an improbable chance to cover when he pulled a "Goff" and threw that pick. Then comes the ridiculous prevent type of defense and the middle of field is wide open , what's the faaakin analytics on this crap seen it too many times hurt my bankroll. Why not trust your defense which was great all game then put them in an uncomfortable scheme and allow Lions O all the momentum? The horseshit penalty flag( I believe 68 announced eligible) should gave kept Dallas backers alive, so there goes the NFL refereee conspiracy theory. The crazy shit is Dan Cambell, who we all love, was so fucked off that he was still going for it at the 8 yard line, instead of kicking the PAT. He got bailed out by that offsides because he let his emotions get the best of him, he was furious and I understand. I believe refs call more shit for the home team due to fan influence and screaming and here's come the flags. Or top players like a Brady always lobbied for the flags so that too. I can't imagine how difficult it is for the coaches with the speed of the game, timeouts left, information blasting to coordinators , time left in game, down and distance, analytics, etc etc to make these calls perfectly. I couldn't do it, but it's understandable for fans and bettors to criticize these calls, it's our right, so these decisions made to win the game , often aren't the best ones, and sometimes may be best for winning but not winning our bets more importantly...

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
I watched the game as an unbiased observer. Emotions are out of it when you are not betting. And I know how crazy this shit can make you when you lose big money in these types of games, and I've cried out fix myself because your eyes cant believe what you just saw... Lots on our forum think their's a fix on certain games they lose like this one because games like this are hard to believe. Makes us all temporarily insane yes, but I'm not a believer in this. I do believe that the league has pushed for parity with their salary caps and have achieved that to a large extent. You can watch these games and 3rd down opportunities are one or lost by inches , dropped balls, fumbles, or penalties etc. To me a 3rd down miss is so close in this league to a turnover depending on the teams playing. 40 yards to make up these days after a punt doesn't take long. The 1st half fumble out of the endzone by Lamb was brutal for Cowboys and their backers. Hard to bitch at him , he had an incredible game. Then Goff gave Dallas backers an improbable chance to cover when he pulled a "Goff" and threw that pick. Then comes the ridiculous prevent type of defense and the middle of field is wide open , what's the faaakin analytics on this crap seen it too many times hurt my bankroll. Why not trust your defense which was great all game then put them in an uncomfortable scheme and allow Lions O all the momentum? The horseshit penalty flag( I believe 68 announced eligible) should gave kept Dallas backers alive, so there goes the NFL refereee conspiracy theory. The crazy shit is Dan Cambell, who we all love, was so fucked off that he was still going for it at the 8 yard line, instead of kicking the PAT. He got bailed out by that offsides because he let his emotions get the best of him, he was furious and I understand. I believe refs call more shit for the home team due to fan influence and screaming and here's come the flags. Or top players like a Brady always lobbied for the flags so that too. I can't imagine how difficult it is for the coaches with the speed of the game, timeouts left, information blasting to coordinators , time left in game, down and distance, analytics, etc etc to make these calls perfectly. I couldn't do it, but it's understandable for fans and bettors to criticize these calls, it's our right, so these decisions made to win the game , often aren't the best ones, and sometimes may be best for winning but not winning our bets more importantly...
As an addendum to my soliloquy, where this game I'm sure is tilted backroom with NFL talking to their referees, is its obvious there are some untouchables in the league, mainly at the QB position, that they are protecting at all cost for " The Brand". I'm pretty confident that Jax fans werent sleepless last night in eager anticipation to watch CJ Beathard chuck his ducks today.

ezpickin

Forum Member
Nov 24, 2003
As an addendum to my soliloquy, where this game I'm sure is tilted backroom with NFL talking to their referees, is its obvious there are some untouchables in the league, mainly at the QB position, that they are protecting at all cost for " The Brand". I'm pretty confident that Jax fans werent sleepless last night in eager anticipation to watch CJ Beathard chuck his ducks today.

All well and good Rocky, the only problem with your soliloquy is I didn't lose, I won. Good luck today!

Mdbasketball

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 22, 2019
Jord is going 4-1 this weekend. The Dallas game sucked, but we took our loss. Let’s lock and load for a big day.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ezpickin

Forum Member
Nov 24, 2003
I am just trying to enlighten the board that gambling has become massive. Look at all the commercials now. They said $15B was bet on last year's super bowl. You have to have your head in the sand if you don't think with the amount of money wagered there is some funny business from time to time. Follow the money!

pointspred fred

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2002
Boulder Colorado
probably not a majority view, but I agree. It’s rare that someone on Det (+5 pregame) is going to be realistic here, but there are some not so subtle ‘tells’ every couple of weeks in the nfl that leave little explanation other than both refs and coaches (and P Mahomes) act against the weight of the money as games end.

This time it was not just what the cowboys did - I have a bigger problem with the flag after the successful 2pt try—#68 clearly was told by Geoff to go report eligible, he is on tape going over to the ref who is having that conversation with #70. But mccarthy was either playing to cover (going for points there CLEARLY not a win) or intentionally leaving the door open. I can’t say which but even an aggressive playcaller would mix at least 1 run into that sequence. The 3rd down pass made sense but it was the 2nd down call that reeks man.

Lotta money changed hands I’m sure on that bs with the PAT. One reason to take points not ML’s in NFL, even if the det ML was robbed. And it probably impacts home field advantage In the nfc playoffs, not just this s/u outcome.

Like you said—dallas primetime game at home is $ for books, and IMO the league. We’re more likely to see that in the playoffs TWICE now due to this crap
Been wagering now on NFL for 35 years. This shit is so standard it's not even funny. My college buddies and I were bitching about this same garbage in 1992, 1999, 2005, 2015 and still to this day. Nothing's changed. And why would it? Has there ever really been anything stopping bad people from going to some refs and telling them " I know where you and your family live, Stanford covers the 6 point spread tomorrow, GOT IT?!"

I literally don't even bat an eye anymore while watching this garbage go down live, or after the game whether I win, or lose my hard earned money. These phantom calls and no calls and all the other hilariously transparent fixes are just par for the course. All refs are or can be compromised. It's part of the world of sports and should go into everyone's capping at this point. The NBA is just as bad or worse. The UFC has judges and even refs that are "legally blind" eeerrrrrrr paid off imo. It is what it is.

As bettors we have two choices.
1. Use common sense and good capping and then pray you're on the rigged side. When you're not on the rigged side, don't be surprised at how you got completely hosed again by these refs and judges that are potentially paid off by God knows who and just move on to the next plausibly fixed game, fight or match. OR

2. Quit betting. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YEA RIGHT!

I for one obviously choose the former. Now let's go annihilate those book makers!

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
I watched the game as an unbiased observer. Emotions are out of it when you are not betting. And I know how crazy this shit can make you when you lose big money in these types of games, and I've cried out fix myself because your eyes cant believe what you just saw... Lots on our forum think their's a fix on certain games they lose like this one because games like this are hard to believe. Makes us all temporarily insane yes, but I'm not a believer in this. I do believe that the league has pushed for parity with their salary caps and have achieved that to a large extent. You can watch these games and 3rd down opportunities are won or lost by inches , dropped balls, fumbles, or penalties etc. To me a 3rd down miss is so close in this league to a turnover depending on the teams playing. 40 yards to make up these days after a punt doesn't take long. The 1st half fumble out of the endzone by Lamb was brutal for Cowboys and their backers. Hard to bitch at him , he had an incredible game. Then Goff gave Dallas backers an improbable chance to cover when he pulled a "Goff" and threw that pick. Then comes the ridiculous prevent type of defense and the middle of field is wide open , what's the faaakin analytics on this crap seen it too many times hurt my bankroll. Why not trust your defense which was great all game then put them in an uncomfortable scheme and allow Lions O all the momentum? The horseshit penalty flag( I believe 68 announced eligible) should gave kept Dallas backers alive, so there goes the NFL refereee conspiracy theory. The crazy shit is Dan Cambell, who we all love, was so fucked off that he was still going for it at the 8 yard line, instead of kicking the PAT. He got bailed out by that offsides because he let his emotions get the best of him, he was furious and I understand. I believe refs call more shit for the home team due to fan influence and screaming and here's come the flags. Or top players like a Brady always lobbied for the flags so that too. I can't imagine how difficult it is for the coaches with the speed of the game, timeouts left, information blasting to coordinators , time left in game, down and distance, analytics, etc etc to make these calls perfectly. I couldn't do it, but it's understandable for fans and bettors to criticize these calls, it's our right, so these decisions made to win the game , often aren't the best ones, and sometimes may be best for winning but not winning our bets more importantly...
Nicely said. Just one thing to add... anyone who believes these games are fixed, and is betting on them without knowing which side the fix is on, is a fool.

ezpickin

Forum Member
Nov 24, 2003
There are incompetent coaches and refs deciding outcomes. But the games are not fixed. There are way too many variables.

That's HILARIOUS! It's happened and been reported! Black Sox scandal, Tim Doneghy, and many many more that have been proven!

Reactions: T and LonghornMM
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ChasDee

Forum Member
Dec 14, 2011
These games are not fixed by the referees! Do you know what that means? Too many people have to be involved. Where is the evidence? Who decides which team wins? Follow the money? What the fuck does that mean?
Because one side is bet much heavier than the other? How do you explain the games where one side is bet heavier, but they win? Why did Georgia win by 60?? I'm not sure, but they had to be the much, much heavier side in that game. Or is it only in the NFL? I have been wagering on sports for 50 years, sure there has been a ref/player take a bribe more than once, but to say these games are orchestrated to determine a winner for ANY reason is insane! When one side has all the money on it wins, nobody says a damn thing, then when one side with all the money loses... fixed!