Week 17 banger

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

JustFootball

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2004
baltimore
That's HILARIOUS! It's happened and been reported! Black Sox scandal, Tim Doneghy, and many many more that have been proven!
Yes, it has happened as you cited. But compare the sports and gambling worlds of the Black Sox era---even Tim Doneghy---with today's and there is no parallel. "Back in the day," influence could be more easily applied because there were fewer people involved and **far** less public scrutiny. Today, one referee/official, for example, absolutely cannot determine the outcome of any game. Sure, if they are paid off, they could make a few calls here and there and--depending upon the flow of the game at that moment--it certainly could have an impact. But how would a corrupt official know exactly when to play that card and to what effect unless you honestly believe everybody is on the "fix?" Then factor in social media and media coverage in general--pretty hard to keep a secret like that these days.

As others have noted, McCarthy is a horrendous coach with a track record of laughable decisions. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one. And by they way, who would have been in on "the fix" last night? McCarthy? Brad Allen? CeeDee Lamb intentionally fumbling it out of the end zone? And I've never heard any of the "rigged" crowd ever try to explain the uncomfortable notion of "competing" fixes. Which fix wins--the guys who paid off McCarthy or the ones who paid off Brad Allen? :smilies25:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: The series of naturally occurring, random events in a game creates a cascade effect that no amount of "fixing" could undo.

T OFF

Forum Member
Sep 7, 2006
MCCOMB MS
Falcons +3 5x
Saints +3 6x
Eagles -12.5 5x
Titans +4 3x
Fish +3.5 5x
So my beloved SAINTS gm is most fixed. Got it JORD! 😂. I’m on my ⚜️ also cause they fit my 17pt system so sorry ima bout to screw you HOMESLICE it’s nothing personal I promise :smilies8 WHO DAT! ⚜️

Reactions: OtroPex
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

T

Casa Bonita Cliff Diver
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2012
For those who still don’t believe….

Video showed Decker having a conversation with Allen, who then said something to the Cowboys' defense.

Inside the Lions' locker room after the loss, Decker and Skipper declined to speak in depth about the penalty. Instead, Decker said he did "exactly what Coach told me to do." Skipper said he had "very few words that aren't going to get me fined."

Detroit won that game.

Did you think Decker was discussing new years plans with the infamous Brad Allen?

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
That's HILARIOUS! It's happened and been reported! Black Sox scandal, Tim Doneghy, and many many more that have been proven!
Always exceptions and never impossible, just saying most of what we get aggravated on the losing sides of our bets, looks different from the other side backers perspective. And then there are bad refs and coaches, or just specific bad decisions. But yes there will be other instances outside of Doneghy at some point, some where , at some time, some sport. Didn't happen last night Detroit vs Dallas. 😕

Reactions: redsfann
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

jng

Packer Fan
Forum Member
Nov 15, 2000
The Black Sox did not play football well and their salaries were $1.50/hour.
Yes, a ref can fix hoops games.
But I still think Donaghy was an aberration.

pointspred fred

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2002
Boulder Colorado
These games are not fixed by the referees! Do you know what that means? Too many people have to be involved. Where is the evidence? Who decides which team wins? Follow the money? What the fuck does that mean?
Because one side is bet much heavier than the other? How do you explain the games where one side is bet heavier, but they win? Why did Georgia win by 60?? I'm not sure, but they had to be the much, much heavier side in that game. Or is it only in the NFL? I have been wagering on sports for 50 years, sure there has been a ref/player take a bribe more than once, but to say these games are orchestrated to determine a winner for ANY reason is insane! When one side has all the money on it wins, nobody says a damn thing, then when one side with all the money loses... fixed!
Meh. Both things can be true. I explain the games "where one side is heavier but they win" by simply giving you an old saying by Amarillo Slim back in the day that we've all probably heard....“You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once.”

The scummy books aren't going to just win every single time. They have this down to a science. Or is it an art form? Or is it both? They lose enough in games like Georgia winning 100-3 so that they can murder the public massively in the long run. It's that simple.

If you play or follow high level poker, you'll see that a bunch of people that have made millions playing poker over the years are now getting busted for cheating. How? Well, brilliant players look at stats on these cheaters hands and how much they win and HOW they win. Smart players can tell who's cheating because these cheating players get greedy. They win TOO MUCH. So much so that when you look at the charts and numbers, you can see the unlikeliness of their win rates. They jump out at you. All the insane hero folds these cheats make with big holdings when they are dominated and the insane bets they make with jack shit over and over in spots they should NOT be betting etc. It all stands out. The people/corporations that make gazillions of dollars are never going to cheat so much it's noticeable and they get caught.

Almost nothing feels as good as being on the right side of a rigged game!
-Radunsky

ChasDee

Forum Member
Dec 14, 2011
Meh. Both things can be true. I explain the games "where one side is heavier but they win" by simply giving you an old saying by Amarillo Slim back in the day that we've all probably heard....“You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once.”

The scummy books aren't going to just win every single time. They have this down to a science. Or is it an art form? Or is it both? They lose enough in games like Georgia winning 100-3 so that they can murder the public massively in the long run. It's that simple.

If you play or follow high level poker, you'll see that a bunch of people that have made millions playing poker over the years are now getting busted for cheating. How? Well, brilliant players look at stats on these cheaters hands and how much they win and HOW they win. Smart players can tell who's cheating because these cheating players get greedy. They win TOO MUCH. So much so that when you look at the charts and numbers, you can see the unlikeliness of their win rates. They jump out at you. All the insane hero folds these cheats make with big holdings when they are dominated and the insane bets they make with jack shit over and over in spots they should NOT be betting etc. It all stands out. The people/corporations that make gazillions of dollars are never going to cheat so much it's noticeable and they get caught.

Almost nothing feels as good as being on the right side of a rigged game!
-Radunsky
Yeah...the NFL is just like someone cheating at poker! :smilies21

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Paperboy

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 19, 2023
Boston
Been wagering now on NFL for 35 years. This shit is so standard it's not even funny. My college buddies and I were bitching about this same garbage in 1992, 1999, 2005, 2015 and still to this day. Nothing's changed. And why would it? Has there ever really been anything stopping bad people from going to some refs and telling them " I know where you and your family live, Stanford covers the 6 point spread tomorrow, GOT IT?!"

I literally don't even bat an eye anymore while watching this garbage go down live, or after the game whether I win, or lose my hard earned money. These phantom calls and no calls and all the other hilariously transparent fixes are just par for the course. All refs are or can be compromised. It's part of the world of sports and should go into everyone's capping at this point. The NBA is just as bad or worse. The UFC has judges and even refs that are "legally blind" eeerrrrrrr paid off imo. It is what it is.

As bettors we have two choices.
1. Use common sense and good capping and then pray you're on the rigged side. When you're not on the rigged side, don't be surprised at how you got completely hosed again by these refs and judges that are potentially paid off by God knows who and just move on to the next plausibly fixed game, fight or match. OR

2. Quit betting. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YEA RIGHT!

I for one obviously choose the former. Now let's go annihilate those bo
Well said.

OtroPex

Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
Phila
Eagles last 2 games in 2H
Gave up 22 points to 5-10 Giants
Gave up 29 points to 3-12 Arizona
Interesting! That's the same amount of units I'm down on these scrubs...I felt like I got the Wonka ticket early in the 1st qtr when I added more at -7. Frauds. They deserved to lose outright.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

PocketAces

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 30, 2003
WI
Win or lose your work is appreciated Jord. Thank you for taking the time to post your picks. It’s been a very solid season and more winners to come!

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
Interesting! That's the same amount of units I'm down on these scrubs...I felt like I got the Wonka ticket early in the 1st qtr when I added more at -7. Frauds. They deserved to lose outright.
As an Iggles fan I totally agree. They were much more functional 1st half of the season though never dominating, I was hoping they would get there. Nope regression. I keep parroting that they lost both their O and D coordinators thus season, and a couple of their top defenders in the middle and secondary, along with Maddox and Slay being out, their top current coverage guys. Can't stop run or pass and can't get sacks. My guess is this is presenting an issue on the defensive side of the ball. 🤡 offensively they have no presnap movement, no creativity, and are as predictable as a wet fart and it's inevitable results.

Last edited:
Bet on MyBookie