Who here is on Medicare

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Started Medicare March 2020. Also have Cigna Supplemental Plan G.

I don't know that much about it. All I do know is I haven't had to pay anything for anything I have had done including 3 MRI's, some x-rays, blood work, dr visits, whatever charges that were involved for a broken foot I had about a year ago, etc.

Hey Jack?
I,ve been Ins broker for 33 years and I enrolled myself in exact plan/company you have.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Hey Jack?
I,ve been Ins broker for 33 years and I enrolled myself in exact plan/company you have.

That's makes me feel confident and good that I made the right decision. :toast:

Skulnik

Truth Teller
Forum Member
Mar 30, 2007
Jefferson City, Missouri
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L5JgY598ThU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A good 20 minute investment.

JMO

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

shamrock

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Boston, MA
Thursday I'm getting a stress test (one of those 2 hour deals hooked up to machines and shit) and Friday a colonoscopy :scared and not gonna cost anything either.

Jack? Do yourself a favor, and go with the shit in a box option. Have two family members (uncles), that did this, it picked up the cancer and ultimately had to have surgery. Believe it is 95% accurate, and if there is any question you will then have to get a colonoscopy.
https://www.cologuard.com/

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Jack? Do yourself a favor, and go with the shit in a box option. Have two family members (uncles), that did this, it picked up the cancer and ultimately had to have surgery. Believe it is 95% accurate, and if there is any question you will then have to get a colonoscopy.
https://www.cologuard.com/

Too late. Got it done. Everything went fine except....

They started putting me to sleep. He asked if I felt like I've had 2 beers yet. I told him I don't feel anything. Another minute goes by and I tell him I feel like I've had 4 beers now. Then they started. :scared I was still awake talking to them! They hit a couple tender spots and I told them about it. They kept assuring me that they were almost done.

I had a colonoscopy about 11 years ago and was put completely out. Soooooo, I missed out on the best part of the procedure. The after buzz.

Going around the tender spots didn't really hurt but I was having a lot of anxiety about it for sure.....being awake and all.

I do not remember being wheeled out of the room though. I was like half out I guess. The night before was definitely the worst part.

Dr Feelgood

StonedPimp
Forum Member
Feb 3, 2001
Las Vegas

They started putting me to sleep. He asked if I felt like I've had 2 beers yet. I told him I don't feel anything. Another minute goes by and I tell him I feel like I've had 4 beers now. Then they started. :scared I was still awake talking to them! They hit a couple tender spots and I told them about it. They kept assuring me that they were almost done.

I had a colonoscopy about 11 years ago and was put completely out. Soooooo, I missed out on the best part of the procedure. The after buzz.

Going around the tender spots didn't really hurt but I was having a lot of anxiety about it for sure.....being awake and all.

I do not remember being wheeled out of the room though. I was like half out I guess. The night before was definitely the worst part.

The nurse was quoted as saying, "This is the nicest smelling ass crack I've ever shaved"

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

shamrock

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Boston, MA

glad you made out okay, and good luck on Friday. Because of my injury, I've had more procedures than most people, many ended up causing more damage. What I've learned the hard way, surgeons love to do the most expensive route. The box is minimally invasive, painless, and no night before anxiety. And just about as reliable as the actual colonoscopy, unless you have a family history or your blood work shows abnormalities, it's a great option. After seeing what my uncles went through, with my health situation, I would never make it through that type of surgery/rehab. I gave the guy no option, and then finally he presented the box.
All the best, have a great Thanksgiving.

Another Steve

Put Pete In
Forum Member
Jul 7, 2002
Benbrook

Having one done on the 29th. Got 12 pills to take the day before and 12 more the morning of. Has to be better than god awful drink.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Having one done on the 29th. Got 12 pills to take the day before and 12 more the morning of. Has to be better than god awful drink.

I had to drink 2 quarts this time plus 4 pills. The last time was a quick 3-4 ounce bottle of stuff. Both worked about the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
10 years til my next one

Doc will have to sift through my ashes to perform that one.:lol:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Had a good friend that went thru the colonoscopy

of course he signed the waiver from the dr

during the precedure his colon was ripped thru

wears a bag on his side for life

nothing done to the dr as it was in the fine print.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home

nothing done to the dr as it was in the fine print.

Man! He should definitely contact a lawyer that specializes in suing doctors. I have a high school friend that does exactly that and he has never gone to court one time in over 30 years. Those insurance companies always settle rather than going to court.

I'm glad I just had what will probably be my last one of those.

Diego Gravas

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 30, 2021
Toronto

nothing done to the dr as it was in the fine print. Luckily he determined medical excess the right way thanks to this article and had a proper medical insurance.

Hate such stories! :chairshot

Last edited:

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Hudson Valley area.....NY
I have medicare ..then my NY State Teacher retirement becomes my secondary or vice versa. I pay I think about $500 a year to my school district for coverage and then medicare picks up the rest or is it the other way around. Not sure My wife does all the paperwork

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
HELP ..w/plan choices
Wife retires in 11 months.. both over 65
We lose our great heath Insurance
She is doing early research ...guess what...
Yeah we need some input from the great Madjackers
Do's ..Don't..
They have this...They ain't shit
As always...much appreciated !

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
HELP ..w/plan choices
Do's ..Don't..
I would suggest you did what we did and get a local guy, who is an expert in this stuff, to visit you and your wife and explain all of your options. The guy we got was recommended by a few people we know and he only does the Medicare options and supplemental insurances.

I think the plan I chose is called Medicare G. I have A and B and D and for my supplemental I have Cigna. My total out of pocket expense/deductible is $240 per year and I pay $194 per month for my Cigna supplemental.

I couldn't be happier and it's the best insurance I've had since I was in my 30's.

In order to get the supplemental that I have with no preexisting conditions can only be chosen without a full medical statement prior to reaching the age of 65. Once you miss that window you will have to answer a questionnaire and list your full medical history along with all the preexisting conditions.

Maybe DTB can help you with this stuff since that's his business.

No way would I ever attempt to figure all the options out on your own. Get an expert to help you.

Reactions: DOGS THAT BARK

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
HELP ..w/plan choices
Do's ..Don't..

I have regular medicare and a supplement (Blue Cross). Regular medicare price is the same nationwide, but supplemental plans differ in price and coverage in every location. I also have Wellcare for part D., but part D plans also differ in premiums depending on the meds you take and the company.
Advantage plans are great, but you CAN'T have a supplement with any advantage plan. If you are real healthy and don't forsee any large medical bills, Advantage plan is probably best. However, if you see doctors a lot, a supplement is best. Supplements are not cheap, but doctor bills, hospital bills, and procedures are even much much higher.
I have an independent man who reps different ins. companies and determines what is best for each of his clients.
He gets paid by the companies, not by me.
It takes time and research to find what's best for you.
Good luck.
Same thing I said but he said it better.