Who's going to beat Oklahoma?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

bbk

Forum Member
Sep 17, 2003
That would be the worst national champ game in the history of college fball if ohio state played at least usc has some semblence of an offense even though they play in the pac10 and really have not played anyone; but to play ohio state who is zero dimensional; last in the big 10 in offense; they would have less than 100 of offense for the game; that line would be ou by 13 if they played; hopefully florida state can win out and beat florida handily at florida and leapfrog everyone; that would be a great game

Mr Hockey

Forum Member
Mar 17, 2003
As much as I dislike Ohio State, they have the schedule to pass USC in my opinion. The rest of their opponents including Michigan State today are ranked! Who is USC playing compared to the Buckeyes?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
bbk said:
That would be the worst national champ game in the history of college fball if ohio state played at least usc has some semblence of an offense even though they play in the pac10 and really have not played anyone; but to play ohio state who is zero dimensional; last in the big 10 in offense; they would have less than 100 of offense for the game; that line would be ou by 13 if they played; hopefully florida state can win out and beat florida handily at florida and leapfrog everyone; that would be a great game

Isn't that what everyone said last year?? Weren't the Buckeyes 14-point dogs to Miami?

I'm not an OSU fan at all but I'm sick of people ragging on them because they don't win pretty. At least last year they got a chance to prove themselves on the field, and they beat the almightly Hurricanes. It'll be a shame if the run the table the rest of this year and are denied the same chance.

bbk

Forum Member
Sep 17, 2003
i liked ohio state last year to win that game; they had a running game last year; stay out of this thread homer; ohio state is out; i agree their schedule is better than uscs but that is the problem with the bcs is has more to do with when you lose then who you lose to

djchad

Forum Member
Nov 8, 2001
Melbourne, FL
bbk said:
hopefully florida state can win out and beat florida handily at florida and leapfrog everyone; that would be a great game

The same FSU with Chris Rix and his erratic play??? :rolleyes:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Big Tease

DUKE SUCKS
Forum Member
Mar 9, 2000
Columbus,OH USA
yea it has a lot to do with when you lose....miami dropped a whole 2 spots after getting trashed.

the bcs has more to do with how fashionable you are when you win. usc beats up on shitty teams and the voters love it.

SALTY DOG

Forum Member
Aug 3, 2003
19th hole
I can't remember ever seeing a college point spread over 50
points, I will see it next week with OU, also, T Tech is shattering
the over point spreads. There's only one college team that can
beat OU, and that's OU. It won't happen. To well coached.

Mr Hockey

Forum Member
Mar 17, 2003
Everyone said the same things about Oklahoma in the past & they turned around & got beat at some point. No team is invincible & no matter how hard you prepare, it doesn't always translate to victories. The last few times Oklahoma lost, they lost as big favorites to supposed inferior sqauds that had no chance.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ELVIS

Forum Member
Sep 25, 2002
memphis
i'm with gamecock. let me wager on ok, and they will suffer like i put a voodoo hex on them. no team will beat ou unless they committ 5 to's in a game, and the other team doesn't.

Pujo21

Registered
Forum Member
May 14, 2002
I'm not knocking Ohio State because they do manage to win. May not be pretty , nevertheless they win.

But at least USC plays some road games ! Unlike Ohio State !
Oh, that's right, Ohio State plays 4 road games this year. My bad !

:lol:

THUNDER

Forum Member
Nov 1, 2000
if usc and ohio state win out unless ohio state runs up the scores which counts they cannot pass usc in the bcs - and usc has the talent to pull a upsert- likely no but they do seem to matchup well in most areas

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mr Hockey

Forum Member
Mar 17, 2003
Thunder I don't see how you can say they couldn't pass USC if they both win out.

If using the SOS #'s in the BCS Standings, USC'S SOS is 13 while Ohio State's is 20.

The Buckeyes have remaining games against Purdue & Michigan, which are ranked 14th & 8th respectively in the BCS standings. Meanwhile the Trojans remaining games are against Arizona, UCLA, & Oregon State. I think it will hurt the Trojans in the SOS department since none of their last 3 opponents are even ranked.

The Buckeyes also should gain some points in SOS since Purdue beat the 11th ranked team in the BCS in the Iowa Hawkeyes today.

I as people know am no Buckeye fan but I'm being objective here & if they somehow run the rest of the table, as well as the Trojans, I can't see USC being ahead of them in the end.

If Fla St & VaTech lose tonight, the Buckeyes should be #3 in the BCS if not #2.

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
Only way Ohio St. has a "chance" to go to BCS #2 is if they are ranked #3 by both polls. Its the only way. Florida St. losing helps, but Ohio St. needs V-Tech to lose as well. Also, the polls are not impressed by Ohio St. barely beating average opponents so its unlikely the polls will rank OSU #3.

USC needs FSU to win or V-Tech to win out.

Provided USC and Ohio St. both win out rest of their games.

FIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THUNDER

Forum Member
Nov 1, 2000
yes you are right but awincounts for more than anything ohio state has 2 left while usc has 3 left and because arizona is apac 10 team a win will give them more points it is how it works also arizona won today. if usc only had 2 left they would have achance but that is not the case

Statman02

Forum Member
Jan 29, 2000
the two teams ahead of Ohio State in the BCS poll have lost or are currently losing today......this will put the Buckeyes right behind USC in the poll.....at some point someone is going to look at the strength of schedule of both teams.......this thing could very easily end up with an OSU/OU championship game.....if Tressel could pull this off again they would be renaming Woody Hayes Blvd up in Columbus

THUNDER

Forum Member
Nov 1, 2000
another team they will not jump over is lsu if lsu wins the rest adistinct possibility-

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mr Hockey

Forum Member
Mar 17, 2003
If LSU, USC & Ohio State wins out, I think the two most deserving would be LSU & Ohio State based on schedule.

LSU in my opinion would be a favorite to get in as winning a conference championship over what will most likely be a ranked team in the BCS will get some major kudos.

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
The BCS formula really needs to factor in pathetic wins.

Looking at OSU's record they would lose big points for such crappy wins as:

16-13 over the mighty Aztecs of San Diego St.(at home);

44-38 over N.C. St, (again at home);

24-17 over Bowling Green, (did I mention at home?);

21-20 at Penn St. (well they played one on the road).

These guys have played a remarkable number of games at home and have been living with a shamrock up their butts. If they win out and pass us on the computers, there will be a mighty uproar and the BCS will be effectivly dead. What a travesty.