Why not shoot the Baltimore looters?

lowell

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2003
Is looting not an offense that can be prevented by shooting the thieves?
I think the thugs would disperse if they knew they risked being shot.

lowell

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2003
naw just throw them in a paddy wagon , slam brakes , and break their spines.
Guy was arrested 18 times for selling smack, burglary and selling coke. Sorry for what happened to him but at least he was fine 94 percent of the time. Look at the positive.
17-1 is a pretty good record.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
After admitting that looting and rioting were not the best ways to represent the community and to seek answers, the protester asked Roberts a question of her own.

"My question to you is, when we were out here protesting all last week for six days straight peacefully, there were no news cameras, there were no helicopters, there was no riot gear, and nobody heard us," she said. "So now that we've burned down buildings and set businesses on fire and looted buildings, now all of the sudden everybody wants to hear us."

"Why does it take a catastrophe like this in order for America to hear our cry?" she continued. "I mean, enough is enough. We've had too many lives lost at the hands of police officers. Enough is enough."

it is through hopelessness things like this happen.

what do we expect when nothing is done time after time.

we have only our society to blame for this

if it dont affect us directly too easy to just say fuck it

Dead Money

Forum Member
Sep 15, 2005
Upstairs watching sports on the big TV.
Guy was arrested 18 times for selling smack, burglary and selling coke. Sorry for what happened to him but at least he was fine 94 percent of the time. Look at the positive.
17-1 is a pretty good record.

March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault
January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing
January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute
December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute
December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance
August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing
January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana
September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape
April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation
July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute
March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute
February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance
August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation
August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana
August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)

Looks like the world lost a model citizen.:mj03:

ImFeklhr

Raconteur
Forum Member
Oct 3, 2005
San Francisco
January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute
September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape
April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation
July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute
March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute
February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance
August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation
August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)

Looks like a drug addict (or enthusiast!). Legalize drugs (and gambling!) and this man is probably not a criminal at all, and doesn't die. Oh and we all save billions of dollars.
Or go back to prohibition and make alcohol illegal again. This middle ground has ruined so many lives. And cost so so so much money.

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX

Why the fuck wasn't this guy in jail?

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
He died imprisoned hedge, and at the hands of his jailers. I'm sure some think that being made to suffer with a fatally injured back for a 45 minute joy ride while being tossed around in the back of a paddy wagon is a perfectly reasonable sentence.
Maybe the question we should be asking is why aren't his murderers in jail? Who committed the more heinous crime? Which is the more despicable felon, the drug addict or the murderers?
I guess it doesn't occur to anyone else that the proximal dates of his various arrests would indicate that he was either an incredibly bad drug addict or that the police paid him an inordinate amount of attention on a daily basis. Maybe the dates of his arrests can give some insight as to why he might have fled upon seeing police approaching him.
Of course, I'm different from most and prefer to formulate my opinions on relevance and fact. I'm of the opinion that the protests are rooted in far more than the murder of Freddie Gray.

Reactions: MadJack

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
He died imprisoned hedge, and at the hands of his jailers. I'm sure some think that being made to suffer with a fatally injured back for a 45 minute joy ride while being tossed around in the back of a paddy wagon is a perfectly reasonable sentence.
Maybe the question we should be asking is why aren't his murderers in jail? Who committed the more heinous crime? Which is the more despicable felon, the drug addict or the murderers?
I guess it doesn't occur to anyone else that the proximal dates of his various arrests would indicate that he was either an incredibly bad drug addict or that the police paid him an inordinate amount of attention on a daily basis. Maybe the dates of his arrests can give some insight as to why he might have fled upon seeing police approaching him.
Of course, I'm different from most and prefer to formulate my opinions on relevance and fact. I'm of the opinion that the protests are rooted in far more than the murder of Freddie Gray.

who said he was murdered? Could gave been an accident? Is it being investigated? :shrug:

3 putt pete

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 10, 2015
who said he was murdered? Could gave been an accident? Is it being investigated? :shrug:

Certain minimum responsibilities fall upon the custodial agencies and I'm guessing that a nearly severed spine just may have crossed the line. Baltimore is on the hook for this one. The officers directly responsible and the city, in one way or another, will pay for this for years and years to come.

LuvThemDogs

Forum Member
Dec 2, 2005

:iagree:

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
Certain minimum responsibilities fall upon the custodial agencies and I'm guessing that a nearly severed spine just may have crossed the line. Baltimore is on the hook for this one. The officers directly responsible and the city, in one way or another, will pay for this for years and years to come.

how many times was he arrested before this incident? Shouldn't this guy have been in jail? I will wait for the investigation to finish before I judge the cops on this one.

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
The video of the police dragging his limp and broken body across the sidewalk and throwing him into a paddy wagon is what gave it away for me. It was no accident.

I will check it out tonight. You have the video? can you post it?

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
Exactly where do you get your news from, MJ's General & Political Forums......:shrug:

yep

I spent time with my girlfriend this weekend, I didn't know anything was going on until Monday after work... :shrug:

the video doesn't show before the cops were on top of him cuffing him, was he fighting back?

here is his lengthy arrest record:

State of Maryland Arrest Records Freddie Grey 3-20-15 - dealing cocaine 8-28-08 - possession of narcotics 10-5-12 - illegal gambling 1-25-14 - possession of narcotics over 10 grams 8-24-07 - manufacturing and distribution of narcotics 8-29-07 - distribution of narcotics 9-16-08 - distribution of narcotics 4-16-08 - distribution of narcotics 5-9-12 - distribution of narcotics 1-4-15 - distribution of narcotics 12-31-14 - distribution of narcotics 3-13-15 - stolen property 3-16-15 - distribution of narcotics 3-28-08 - possession of narcotics 2-12-08 - distribution of narcotics 9-29-13 distribution of narcotics 12-4-14 - distribution of narcotics 12-4-14 - possession of narcotics 3-20-08 - Burglary 3-20-08 - possession of narcotics 9-21-07 - distribution of narcotics 4-30-08 - unlawful possession (TWO COUNTS)

Bet on MyBookie