William Stephen Belichick

rusty

Forum Member
Nov 24, 2006
Under a mask.
Thats not true.Back in 07 Fisher stated that the impression that every team did what the Patriots did was wrong and his team never participated in such actions.

As far as the game goes.They scored 45 points in the 1st half ,7 in the 2nd.How is that running up the score?I was at the game.Tenn. couldnt stop a high school team yesterday.

With the way Bradys been playing,how is it not justified to start him second half its there right to do so.Not to mention they set many NFL records with that last TD.

I would imagine that was on the organizations mind(slightly anyway) and rightly so.

My bad it was 2TDs in the second half.Friggin back-up QB Hoyer scored one.:shrug:

rusty

Forum Member
Nov 24, 2006
Under a mask.
That's just the way it works. If you're a 4th stringer, you pretty much know you aren't going to get to see any "good" action. You're going to be blocking on just about every play because your team is either getting blown out, or blowing the other team out. Shit, that's known in HIGH SCHOOL football. If you don't like it, become a better player and get bumped up in the order.

And I think what people are upset by is the fact that Brady was still in the game up 52-0. It's classless to run up the score against your opponent like that. 99.9% of the coaches and players in the NFL get that. Belichick doesn't.

Hoyer came in when Brady threw his 6th TD to make it 52-0 Patriots.

rusty

Forum Member
Nov 24, 2006
Under a mask.
What kind of reason could you possibly give to go for it on 4th and 5 up by 52 points.That sinks it for me,I root against him the rest of his carreer.Very bad sport................

Wouldnt attempting a FG(they were borderline range)be running it up?That was Hoyers QB sneak drive.They cant stop there friggin Back up QB.??

LookKaPyPy

Forum Member
Mar 21, 2009
Don't you people think that he might have been doing this in order to "punish" his team for giving up the game vs Broncos. Force them to play for real, with real playcalls, a game in shitty weather and already won in the first half.
I know I would.

-But Coach, we're up 35-0, let me get some hot cocoa, I'm freezing my nuts off!
-Do you think you can just quit playing, boy! Do you think my nuts are not frozen! Get back in the huddle and if I see any one of you whining babies drop a ball, I'll make sure you will drop the other one too! BLUE 75! BLUE 75! HUT MOTHERFUCKER HUT!

Mr. Burns78

Forum Member
Feb 18, 2008
New York, New York
BOTTOM LINE OF THIS LONG ASS THREAD

SPANG WAS RIGHT... WHY DID TOM BRADY NEED TO TAKE A SNAP IN THE SECOND HALF.. HE DIDNT

HE SHOULDA ONLY HAD TO WORK A HALF A DAY..

BURNS

loudog

Forum Member
Mar 13, 2002
If they want to call it a game and give the patriots the win then titans can do that and brady will leave at half time

rusty

Forum Member
Nov 24, 2006
Under a mask.
BOTTOM LINE OF THIS LONG ASS THREAD

SPANG WAS RIGHT... WHY DID TOM BRADY NEED TO TAKE A SNAP IN THE SECOND HALF.. HE DIDNT

HE SHOULDA ONLY HAD TO WORK A HALF A DAY..

BURNS

He played one series in the 3rd quarter,1!This thread is dead wrong,reaching for ways to bash a team that has in this decade a winning tradition?

I dont understand people sometimes ,Im dumbfounded on this one.Why didnt Fisher pull Collins earlier than he did in favor of Young??

Quite honestly that should be the question be asked,not why Brady played 1 series in the 2nd half.....pathetic....

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
Patscopy.jpg

:mj07:

LOL, thats classic, looks like he gained a little weight:142smilie

TeeMo

Forum Member
Sep 8, 2008
I personally don't give a rat fuck...if you don't like being scored on, then don't give up and play some defense.....I would much rather have a team that I bet on run up the score than to have money on some of these other dumb fucks that like to lay down in the 2nd half and get a backdoor cover......similar to what Minnesota did yesterday, which almost cost them the game as well.

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
Don't you people think that he might have been doing this in order to "punish" his team for giving up the game vs Broncos. Force them to play for real, with real playcalls, a game in shitty weather and already won in the first half.
I know I would.

-But Coach, we're up 35-0, let me get some hot cocoa, I'm freezing my nuts off!
-Do you think you can just quit playing, boy! Do you think my nuts are not frozen! Get back in the huddle and if I see any one of you whining babies drop a ball, I'll make sure you will drop the other one too! BLUE 75! BLUE 75! HUT MOTHERFUCKER HUT!

Completely agree that this was all about the Denver game. I don't know if he was punishing the team, making a statement to the NFL in general, or what, but there is no doubt in my mind he was still licking his wounds from that Denver loss, so DOGGONEIT, somebody had to pay!

In a slightly unrelated note, why do people always feel the need to defend their team no matter what, at all costs, even when they are clearly in the wrong? I've been a Seahawks fan my whole life, but do you think I would try to defend that shittastic performance yesterday? I'll be the first admit they were horrible, and will continue to be a poor team all year long. Does that make me not a fan, or does it make me someone who is practical and can look at things logically?

45-0 at half, against one of the worst teams in the NFL, yet Brady needs to start the 2h? And if the game was still in doubt, why just ONE series? 45-0 was a nailbiter, but 52-0 is a laugher? Don't understand that reasoning. Hell, why not leave Brady in halfway through the 4th?

FWIW, I have never had anything against the Pats. I've even defended them many times in the past because I think a lot of times they are unfairly criticized. Being a good team will do that to you, just ask the Yankees. But sorry, I don't agree with Belichick's coaching style.

luvmy$$$

Forum Member
Jan 16, 2009
Wiscy
I personally don't give a rat fuck...if you don't like being scored on, then don't give up and play some defense.....I would much rather have a team that I bet on run up the score than to have money on some of these other dumb fucks that like to lay down in the 2nd half and get a backdoor cover......similar to what Minnesota did yesterday, which almost cost them the game as well.

LOL, agree. The only part that pisses me off, is the fact I did not know he was gonna destroy them. I would have taken out the biggest frikin loan I could to bet with....:00hour

Bet on MyBookie