muhr

Forum Member
Jul 28, 2007
One thing I wll say about Rampage-Evans
is that was a BRUTAL KO he just absorbed
Not saying Rashad can't beat Rampage
but in boxing, when guys get lit like that, they often don't return the same
not sure if this is the case as much in MMA

quinton has been koed just as badly as rashad. it took him awhile to return to form.

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
quinton has been koed just as badly as rashad. it took him awhile to return to form.

I don't think Rashad's KO was all that bad. None of the blows where all that big, at least IMO they weren't. Now the hits, kicks, elbows and knees that Page took from Shogun and Wandy where bad. I'm trying to think but I can't remember Page taking any big shots since his loss to Shogun.(I'm not saying he hasn't, I just can't think of any)

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
First off.....I think we all think Rowdy and Bucs are related if not the same person. I may be wrong but I think Bucs got banned so maybe Rowdy and bucs are the same person....who knows:shrug: About 2 months ago I was thinking the same thing "Are bucs and Rowdy the same person"?

I for one think it is a farce that Rua is getting a title shot. Sure it is MMA and anybody can win, but Rua has been far from impressive in the UFC. Griffin smoked him, he looked horrific against Coleman and he beat Chuck. Ummmm, does that get him a title shot, well guess so:shrug:

As we've seen 90% of the old Pride guys well for lack of a better word sucked (or over-hyped). And well Rua is another one. Does Rua suck, no not at all, is Rua a Top 20 fighter in the division yes, top 10, no not in my eyes. Can he win, well yes anybody can win, but I think Machida will destroy him. Bottom line, in all of MMA I'd put all these light-heavys ahead of Rua:

Randy Couture (has fought at LH)
Gegard Mousasi (now at LH)
Jon Jones
Renato Sobral
Vladimir Matyushenko
Rich Franklin
Quinton Jackson
Lyoto Machida
Forrest Griffin
Thiago Silva
Rashad Evans
Luis Arthur Cane

I just don't think it is right that he's getting a title shot. Just not right.

And as for guys in UFC that deserve a shot rather then RUA.....Couture, Franklin, Jackson, Evans, Griffin and Cane. All those guys deserve a shot more then Rua.

But hey anybody can beat anybody in MMA, but I think Rua will be toyed with in this fight.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
First off.....I think we all think Rowdy and Bucs are related if not the same person. I may be wrong but I think Bucs got banned so maybe Rowdy and bucs are the same person....who knows:shrug: About 2 months ago I was thinking the same thing "Are bucs and Rowdy the same person"?

Bucs was banned for a short time but it was lifted and he came back for a short time.
He has not posted since mid April.

Rowdy---
Wanderlei Silva blows! What say you?:mj07:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
rowdy...my man...i apologize....i didn`t realize i was creating such a shitstorm...:lol:

don`t sweat it...who cares if you`re rowdy or bucs or fats waller.....

i know how you feel...just like a lizard trapped in a glass vase...

try to climb out,slide back down....

try to climb out,slide back down...

break the glass,dude!!...free your mind!...

/:confused: ..sorry,i got carried away...

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
I like Bucs.
I used to talk to him on instant message and I don't think Rowdy is Bucs,but they seem similar in thoughts. Also Rowdy joined near same time Bucs disappeared.
Both like Rua.
Bucs loves Silva. Not sure where Rowdy weighs in on that topic.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

RowdyRider

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2009
rowdy...are you the old"bucsnotyuks"?...just trying to understand who i`m listening to...

if so,you were known in here...it was all good.....why`d you switch up?(if you don`t mind my asking...if so,no problem)...

thanks..

One thing I wll say about Rampage-Evans
is that was a BRUTAL KO he just absorbed
Not saying Rashad can't beat Rampage
but in boxing, when guys get lit like that, they often don't return the same
not sure if this is the case as much in MMA

Sorry guys, was out tonight...

I'm just a huge Shogun fan. I've always liked him because he wasn't a guy who looed dangerous or what physically gifted, but he was well rounded, and fun to watch...

I'm not really sure returning from brutal KO/TKO's are the same as boxing as we typically see most guys rebound over time...

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
Well either Rowdy doesn't know what we are talking about with Bucsnotyuks so he didn't answer or he really is Bucs and is avoiding the answer.
Either way I like both Bucs and Rowdy, same person or not.

ukgaz

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2008
Sacramento
I would have to favour Machida and but rua has a chance. Machida can be taken down. Soko has taken him Down. Sam Greco got on top on the ground after a failed lyoto takedown and BJ also took him down. For Shogun to win he has to do it in the first 2 rounds and try to blitz him against the cage. Not easy to do. If he an can get him on the ground and if he can pass his guard Machida could be in trouble. If the fight goes into the Championship rounds I see Shogun being picked apart. If Lyoto is -200 I would be interested

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

RowdyRider

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2009
Well either Rowdy doesn't know what we are talking about with Bucsnotyuks so he didn't answer or he really is Bucs and is avoiding the answer.
Either way I like both Bucs and Rowdy, same person or not.

Sorry, I thought I was answering the question when I said that I'm just a big Shogun fan...

I'm glad that you like me! LOL

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
Sorry, I thought I was answering the question when I said that I'm just a big Shogun fan...

I'm glad that you like me! LOL

So was Bucs which left doubt.:mj07:
He had a man crush for Wanderlei though. I am sure Bucs will surface again just before Silva/Franklin.
He will surface for sure after a Silva win.:mj07:

BUCSnotYUCKS

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 6, 2007
Ohio but not a Buckeye
So was Bucs which left doubt.:mj07:
He had a man crush for Wanderlei though. I am sure Bucs will surface again just before Silva/Franklin.
He will surface for sure after a Silva win.:mj07:

I'm still aroun keygray1. Going through a tough time in my life. I got hurt playing in a recreation basketball league about 2 months ago and was unable to work for about 3 weeks. There shortly after I lost my job due to cuts, but with nothing to fall back on. I'm still unemployed but making ends meet one way or another. I owe more money in bills than I can afford.

To top things off, my girlfriend and I who had been together for almost 4 years split up just 2 weeks ago. SOooo, yeah, not best of times!

Fear Wandy!

:sadwave:

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
So far i heard Shogun has a great chin. Well, so did Rashad. I hear Shogun is strong. The way Machida threw around Tito i doubt very much if Shoguns alleged strengh will be a factor with Machida.

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
I'm still aroun keygray1. Going through a tough time in my life. I got hurt playing in a recreation basketball league about 2 months ago and was unable to work for about 3 weeks. There shortly after I lost my job due to cuts, but with nothing to fall back on. I'm still unemployed but making ends meet one way or another. I owe more money in bills than I can afford.

To top things off, my girlfriend and I who had been together for almost 4 years split up just 2 weeks ago. SOooo, yeah, not best of times!

Fear Wandy!

:sadwave:

Good to see Bucs back in the game.
Sorry to hear about rough times.
Maybe a Wandy victory can turns things around for you.
You can always talk fights in here even if you are not betting them.

Last edited:

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
Bucs, sorry to hear about everything going on bud. Keep your head up, you'll bounce back.

Sponge, Evans isn't as big as Shogun so I do believe there is a strength difference there. The other thing is, Rashad really doesn't use any strength, the point in saying Shogun is strong is because I believe he needs it in the clinch and for take downs in order to be successful.

All you have to do is watch the fights and see the bombs Shogun has walked thru and never been ko'd. Rashad hasn't been hit with too many bombs in his career and yes now he has been ko'd.

Not saying any of this will happen, just handicapping the fight.

BUCSnotYUCKS

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 6, 2007
Ohio but not a Buckeye
Thanks for the support guys. I'm just hoping to find some work here coming up and get things turned around.

I've still been watching the fights on the net. The Shogun KO of Chuck was great. Hopefully Wandy's transition to MW goes smoothly in his upcoming catch-weight against Rich.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
Sponge, Evans isn't as big as Shogun so I do believe there is a strength difference there. The other thing is, Rashad really doesn't use any strength, the point in saying Shogun is strong is because I believe he needs it in the clinch and for take downs in order to be successful.

All you have to do is watch the fights and see the bombs Shogun has walked thru and never been ko'd. Rashad hasn't been hit with too many bombs in his career and yes now he has been ko'd.

Not saying any of this will happen, just handicapping the fight.

Lay, i saw Rashard walk thru some bombs from Lidell, Griffin, and the guy he fought in the finals of the ultimate championship. also when i was talking about strength i was talking about the way Machida threw around Tito like Tito was a rag doll.
Ur favoritism for Shogun rivals Kicks for GSP which Rivals Bucks for Wvandy which Rivals Six Five and Gm for Machida which finally rivals kegrays for Kimbo. Right now only two of them names i have to say is legit and that is with the undefeated fighter they favor. What i have seen from Shogun hasn't impressed me yet but hey maybe those Injuries were a factor. I guess we shall see.

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
Sponge, I like Shogun but not enough that I'm not seeing things clearly. If the fight where a pick em, I would be on Machida. The things I say are always based on odds.

Question for everyone-Is there drug testing for the fights in Europe?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
Sponge, one more thing. You can't say Evans walked thru bombs with Forrest. That's like saying Emmitt Smith was fast because he out ran Bernie Kosar. :mj07: I love Forrest but that's his big weakness for the LHW division, he has no power. Even Forrest admits that.