Boxing 5/15 - 5/16

CrazyHorses

Forum Member
Feb 20, 2009
RamirezVictor410EFE1.jpg

Cruiserweight world champion of the WBO, the Argentine Victor Emilio Ramirez (14-1, 12 KOs), will be exhibiting his scepter for the first time against # 11 contender WBO, Ali Ismailov (15-1-1 , 10 KOs) of Azerbaijan, on May 16, in the fight for a stellar evening to take life at the legendary Luna Park Arena in Buenos Aires, Argentina and will be televised by TyC Sports 24 hours of Bs.As.

The fight was originally brought to the April 11, but moved the date after that Ramirez suffered a cut during training.

Exhibiting his scepter? :eek:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
hoffmann.jpg

Timo Hoffmann 254.4 vs Francois Botha 252.4
(WBF heavyweight title)
Robert Stieglitz 167.9 vs Jindrich Velecky 167.9

Venue: B?rdelandhalle, Magdeburg, Germany
Promoter: SES Boxing
TV: DSF (Germany)

Neither Hoffman nor Botha exactly chiseled

matt19780

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
Timo Hoffmann 254.4 vs Francois Botha 252.4

Neither Hoffman nor Botha exactly chiseled

But 252.4 for Botha is a lot better than 268.5 in his last fight.

This fight is hard to call because Timo Hoffman is definately not worth -475 but he should win by just being more active. And Botha is 40 and inactive so it is hard to tell how much he has left.
I think this is a no play for me unless you guys have any great insight on the fight.
:shrug:

Too bad Botha didn't come in at 268.5, then we would know he was definately just here for a laydown payday and not serious.

Fightwriter

Forum Member
Mar 9, 2008
But 252.4 for Botha is a lot better than 268.5 in his last fight.

This fight is hard to call because Timo Hoffman is definately not worth -475 but he should win by just being more active. And Botha is 40 and inactive so it is hard to tell how much he has left.
I think this is a no play for me unless you guys have any great insight on the fight.
:shrug:

Too bad Botha didn't come in at 268.5, then we would know he was definately just here for a laydown payday and not serious.

Botha is a cagey guy who is clever at slowing down the pace of a fight, scoring with sneaky rights and tying an opponent up. It was a long time ago, but I well remember how he made Tyson look like a mug for four rounds before getting hit by a huge right hand in the fifth. Botha's weight for this bout is good (for his age). I think Botha might be serious about this fight. Hoffman SHOULD win by being more active, but a somewhat in-shape Botha can be a problem. I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable sitting on Hoffmann at high prices.

matt19780

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
Botha is a cagey guy who is clever at slowing down the pace of a fight, scoring with sneaky rights and tying an opponent up. It was a long time ago, but I well remember how he made Tyson look like a mug for four rounds before getting hit by a huge right hand in the fifth. Botha's weight for this bout is good (for his age). I think Botha might be serious about this fight. Hoffman SHOULD win by being more active, but a somewhat in-shape Botha can be a problem. I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable sitting on Hoffmann at high prices.

Thanks Graham

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Q&A: Krzysztof Włodarczyk!
"I'll bring to Poland a pretty little green belt"
http://www.fightnews.com/?p=11266

The three judges for the Fragomeni-Wlodarczyk fight will be exactly the ones who scored the Fragomeni-Kraj bout.
:scared :scared :scared

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
DSC_0137.JPG

Ramirez vs. Ismailov
Final Presser

I see Ali as a live doggie +285. I havent seen him fight but his resume is quite respectable. He recently shut out Max Alexander who just last week won 3 of 10 rds on 1 card and 2 rds on the other 2 v Alexeev. Ramiraz got Alexeev to quit but he was well behind on the cards at the time. Ali nearly shut out Rachid Hadek who gave the tough Frogamani a very tough go in a MD loss. Ali retired on his stool earlier in his career v Tokarav which is no shame. I saw a youtube of Ramirz/alexeev and Ramiraz is a tough bad ass with an iron chin but he's not the most polished fighter. Kind of reminds me of Librado Andrade. I see this as more of an even fight than the oddsmakers do. Ali is 35 but he strted just 5 yrs ago so he's a young 35. I wish it were for 10 rds because Ramiraz will probably come on strong near the end. The fight is also in Argentina which favors Ramiraz. I think it's worth a small play. I put a couple bucks on it +285 and a few more on the over -110 8 1/2. Any thoughts?

matt19780

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
Q&A: Krzysztof Włodarczyk!
"I'll bring to Poland a pretty little green belt"
http://www.fightnews.com/?p=11266

The three judges for the Fragomeni-Wlodarczyk fight will be exactly the ones who scored the Fragomeni-Kraj bout.
:scared :scared :scared

Man that really sucks for me and any one else that backed Wlodarczyk. Good thing I only made it a small play. Maybe the pole can knock him out. :rolleyes:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Man that really sucks for me and any one else that backed Wlodarczyk. Good thing I only made it a small play. Maybe the pole can knock him out. :rolleyes:

I actually think the Pole can knock him out
SMALL play for me as well
If it gets to the cards, we are screwed

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Tough call on Ramirez Romi, mainly due to the fact it is in Argentina
This guy is a pretty big local hero there since beating Alekseev
To be honest, I'm actually leaning toward Ramirez - but I haven't decided yet
there isn't a lot of footage of the Russian

but the Russian they got for Huck last week (Rusal) was undefeated and was COMPLETE TRASH

matt19780

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
Victor Emilio Ramirez vs Ali Ismailov

Victor Emilio Ramirez vs Ali Ismailov

Looks like a pretty even fight to me on paper. With Ali's extensive amateur background, he has a pretty good shot against a limited Ramirez. Like Ghost Kid said, since the fight is in Argentina, Ramirez does have the home turf adavantage and he might be a little harder puncher. But both guys can punch, so it should be fun to watch.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007

I think the pressure will be on the judges to be on the up and up. There has been a lot of publicity surrounding the kraj fight and the Pole has commented on it himself. I think he'll get a fair shake. I'm on it for +110...not a huge wager. Good luck!

Last edited:

matt19780

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
I think the pressure will be on the judges to be on the up and up. There has been a lot of publicity surrounding the kraj fight and the Pole has commented on it himself. I think he'll get a fair shake. I'm on it for +110...not a huge wager. Good luck!

Good Luck to you too Romi. I think you are right about a lot of eyes being on the judges to be fair in this fight because all the publicity from the italian's last fight and Krzysztof Wlodarczyk's comments on the fight. I don't mind being wrong in a fair fight nearly as much as being right in the crooked ones. Corrupt judging stings the most.

Bet on MyBookie