boxing june 22-26

Evan Young

Forum Member
Apr 7, 2011
The face off - good stuff

The face off - good stuff

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w4OV-W4KmHk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w4OV-W4KmHk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Interesting fight, somewhat. Seen Klits many times, and he fights overly cautious as far as I'm concerned. Jab, jab, jab, jab, right hand. Keep your opponent at bay and wait for an opening. Can Haye penetrate his long distance stance with speed and cunning? I think for the first time Klits is REALLY concerned, but I might be reading this wrong. Maybe just concerned. Haye is a crude, foul mouthed cretin. But maybe he can walk the walk too. Also, Klits has shown he has a glass jaw and will go down from a decent shot, hence the stand off attack with his long left jab. If Haye fights safe not taking too much risk, this could be boring. Lets see if he backs up his big mouth. I'm leaning no.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Interesting fight, somewhat. Seen Klits many times, and he fights overly cautious as far as I'm concerned. Jab, jab, jab, jab, right hand. Keep your opponent at bay and wait for an opening. Can Haye penetrate his long distance stance with speed and cunning? I think for the first time Klits is REALLY concerned, but I might be reading this wrong. Maybe just concerned. Haye is a crude, foul mouthed cretin. But maybe he can walk the walk too. Also, Klits has shown he has a glass jaw and will go down from a decent shot, hence the stand off attack with his long left jab. If Haye fights safe not taking too much risk, this could be boring. Lets see if he backs up his big mouth. I'm leaning no.

i think haye has the best shot of any in a long time...particularly vs little klit.......that chin can be had...and haye is around 6`3"/ 6`4" himself(if that`s accurate)....he had the german godzilla stepping in post holes at the end of their fight(and that`s a pretty solid chin).......

hoping for a +200....if i see it,i`ll bite...

jacktorrance

Forum Member
May 21, 2010
Wlad = boring

Wlad = boring

Wlad = boring.

And that is the only reason why I'll be cheering that goof Haye to knock him out.

The real champ in my eyes is Vitali Klitschko.. who I also think would knockout his brother.

So if Haye beats Wlad then hopefully he'll be brave enough to fight Vitali and then Vitali rightfully so will have all the belts and be undisputed champ which he deserves to be.

But this most likely will be a Wlad jabbing all night long if Haye lets him. Who picks a 12 rnd KO? What an a -hole.

HurricaneEddy

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2007
What is the holdup on the HBO Tripleheader lines being put out? Jeez. Talk about the 11th hour....

As far a Klitschko-Haye goes. I think Haye is getting put to sleep for a number of reasons

I don't think he has a "bad" chin but he does seem to have a lower punch resistance than many other champs. He's been down in a number of fights (to guys with lesser pop that Wlad).

I also noticed in his last fight that he was kinda gassed and on the verge of being in trouble. Had it been anyone other than a washed-up Ruiz I may have been worried. I had money on Haye and towards the mid rounds I felt he was very susceptible but Ruiz wasn't the guy.

Haye also pissed off Wlad on a personal level. I have a feeling he may want to make a statement against Haye

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
here`s a great thread from a few years ago..armageto,you`re in there mixing it up.....we didn`t just lose g.k. and quanah....there were quite a few contributors that have gone the way of high buttoned shoes.....

great thread,...lots of opinions...info...,,,some respectful disagreements handled well....

i enjoyed reading this again...

http://www.madjacksports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380317

btw...seems like there are some relatively high profile fights this weekend that are going unlined....

Last edited:

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
What is the holdup on the HBO Tripleheader lines being put out? Jeez. Talk about the 11th hour....

As far a Klitschko-Haye goes. I think Haye is getting put to sleep for a number of reasons

I don't think he has a "bad" chin but he does seem to have a lower punch resistance than many other champs. He's been down in a number of fights (to guys with lesser pop that Wlad).

I also noticed in his last fight that he was kinda gassed and on the verge of being in trouble. Had it been anyone other than a washed-up Ruiz I may have been worried. I had money on Haye and towards the mid rounds I felt he was very susceptible but Ruiz wasn't the guy.

Haye also pissed off Wlad on a personal level. I have a feeling he may want to make a statement against Haye

This will be a fight only if the "mouth" makes it one. Also agree about Klits being pissed off, especially when he said "what mother wants to see a picture of her sons head being taken off", to paraphrase. Agree with the weasel that this Haye dude has the best shot in ages to dethrone Klits.

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Herrera-Dallas

Herrera-Dallas

All over Herrera; line jumped -140 to -170 by the time I was ready to hit "place wager"!!!! POOP. But I took a flyer anyway.

Buck Swope

Forum Member
Apr 14, 2006
MIKE DALLAS JR v MAURICIO HERRERA u9?+225 (half pop)

I really did not like what I saw out of Dallas in the Lopez fight and how poorly he reacted to consistent pressure,

Herrera is probably the smarter money but at -160 I will take a small shot on the plus side

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
This will be a fight only if the "mouth" makes it one. Also agree about Klits being pissed off, especially when he said "what mother wants to see a picture of her sons head being taken off", to paraphrase. Agree with the weasel that this Haye dude has the best shot in ages to dethrone Klits.

i like over, fight goes the distance, and klit by dec

haye has talked too much

i think he will run all night and stay out of range of the pawing jab

borefest alert!

and we thought fraudley-haye was a farce

:scared

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
alexander vs mathysse = man vs boy

devon playing the boy again

:0008
Be carefull bro :scared

I watched Lucas against a COMPLETELY shot Vivian Harris and although he was beating Harris up, Vivian was landing enough punches to badly swell Lucas eye's up.
The ref called a completely bullshit stoppage in round 4 and Lucas eye was becoming a mess by that point. :shrug:

If the odds drop I will go big on Alexander. Lucas is not as fast as Bradley and thats what got the job done for Bradley.
Kotelnik has better skills than Lucas thats why he gave Alexander such a hard time.
Zab is a 4 round fighter these day's and Lucas could not take him out.
Alexander seems to have a good chin and stamina and I expect him to be too quick for Lucas and he will outbox him as Zab did in the early rounds, the only difference is, Alexander will not fade in the second half.
If it's close it will go to Alexander in his hometown as per the Kotelnik fight.

I expect Dallas to beat Herrera due to superior speed. Dallas is pretty shitty but Herrera doesn't hit hard enough to break him down.

I think Molina beats Frankel on points.

I will be very surprised if Cloud does not beat Mack within 6 rounds.

Sturm is going to beat the piss out of Macklin and I won't be surprised if he stops him on cuts.

Cermeno should not be +420 against a Montiel who got obliterated in his last fight.
The guy fights well in Mexico and all his losses could have gone the other way.

IF Powell shows up, he will give K9 a boxing lesson. But I hear Powell likes his drugs a little too much. :shrug:

Austin has a good shot against Bermaine as he is pretty durable and Bermaine likes short fights.

Good luck all!!! :toast: :toast:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Be carefull bro :scared

I watched Lucas against a COMPLETELY shot Vivian Harris and although he was beating Harris up, Vivian was landing enough punches to badly swell Lucas eye's up.
The ref called a completely bullshit stoppage in round 4 and Lucas eye was becoming a mess by that point. :shrug:

If the odds drop I will go big on Alexander. Lucas is not as fast as Bradley and thats what got the job done for Bradley.
Kotelnik has better skills than Lucas thats why he gave Alexander such a hard time.
Zab is a 4 round fighter these day's and Lucas could not take him out.
Alexander seems to have a good chin and stamina and I expect him to be too quick for Lucas and he will outbox him as Zab did in the early rounds, the only difference is, Alexander will not fade in the second half.
If it's close it will go to Alexander in his hometown as per the Kotelnik fight.

I expect Dallas to beat Herrera due to superior speed. Dallas is pretty shitty but Herrera doesn't hit hard enough to break him down.

I think Molina beats Frankel on points.

I will be very surprised if Cloud does not beat Mack within 6 rounds.

Sturm is going to beat the piss out of Macklin and I won't be surprised if he stops him on cuts.

Cermeno should not be +420 against a Montiel who got obliterated in his last fight.
The guy fights well in Mexico and all his losses could have gone the other way.

IF Powell shows up, he will give K9 a boxing lesson. But I hear Powell likes his drugs a little too much. :shrug:

Austin has a good shot against Bermaine as he is pretty durable and Bermaine likes short fights.

Good luck all!!! :toast: :toast:

good stuff wee...have cloud(before he hit quadruple digits) and sturm in a par or two....not real adventurous...don`t see anything in dallas/herrera that would make me spend any bread on it....

powell/k9 is interesting and i also tip the fave...but he`s not consistent...i`d like powell a helluva lot more if he`d been active....that first bout(with the double knockdown) was some crazy shit...

i`ve always been a big montiel fan,but those odds are sick...

waiting to see what the odds on alexander/matthysse do tomorrow.....alexander has the speed and slicks....but over 12,i`m wondering if he has the wherewithal to weather the storm....mattysse is dangerous(particularly in a long fight).....alexander`s shown some give of late....he needs a good effort here to step back into the picture....

haven`t decided what i`m doing (if anything) with the main event....

Last edited:
Bet on MyBookie