boxing june 22-26

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
now i know why herrera lost to anchondo......

wee,you could easily have won that....dallas came on strong down the stretch...

the hispanic judge had it 98-92....:lol:

MayorgaFan

Forum Member
Dec 12, 2003

Dallas should have won or at least got a draw. I can't really see Herrera winning 6 rounds. :shrug:

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Strum-Macklin

Strum-Macklin

Well, I think Strum totally out classes this guy, but at minus a nickel, I won't jump. I just wonder about the 11.5 rd. prop. Strum isn't a real banger, but Macklin has fought mostly tomato cans and marsh mellows. Under 11.5 pays better than 2-1, but I just don't know.

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
i like over, fight goes the distance, and klit by dec

haye has talked too much

i think he will run all night and stay out of range of the pawing jab

borefest alert!

and we thought fraudley-haye was a farce

:scared

One thing is certain; guys can talk a lot of smack. Most outrageous of late was Mosley's trainer saying Mosley would "shock the world" when he defeats Pac-man. Yea, he was a shock all right. Worst fuking no effort bullshit snow job in recent memory.

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
i think this fight will be an entire feeling out process repeated over 12 dreary rounds

the horrendous punchout output and lulls in action will feel like sitting through an ice age

:mj07:

klit said he wants to punish haye for 12 rounds then knock him out

if he tries that, haye will escape

well that is my best guess

Evan Young

Forum Member
Apr 7, 2011
it was close.......:shrug: ...neither guy is serious contender material,imo....couple of hard trying,limited guys...fringe contenders...

The ref was ridiculous to Dallas. "Let his hand go Mike, Let him go" - over and over. But Harrerra was doing most of the holding in the last 3 rounds and he didn't get that kind of lecture. Herrera bullied in last 3 or 4 rounds. Dallas won that fight. Bad call. I thought Goosen would have taken precedence of Thompson- surprised by that. But it's hard for a brother to get a fair shake against a Latino in Cali.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
The ref was ridiculous to Dallas. "Let his hand go Mike, Let him go" - over and over. But Harrerra was doing most of the holding in the last 3 rounds and he didn't get that kind of lecture. Herrera bullied in last 3 or 4 rounds. Dallas won that fight. Bad call. I thought Goosen would have taken precedence of Thompson- surprised by that. But it's hard for a brother to get a fair shake against a Latino in Cali.

true dat.....homie....:lol:

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
true dat.....homie....:lol:

Unless your name is Andre Ward! A little shocked line is Ward-260. But as the dearly departed ghost said, no f-in way that one is in Cali. Froch may be butt ugly, but he ain't that stupid. Someday boxing will be judged by computers, much like Kinect mimics motion. In the next ten years we may see it. Even then there will still be controversy. That may end when a computer scores a loss for as guy that KO's his opponent.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
macklin giving sturm an absolute fit.....through 5...sturm doesn`t have enough power to keep macklin honest...

he`s attached to sturm`s chest....

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
actually,macklin`s slowing down considerably...when he isn`t pressing,sturm gets back in it......

it`s apparently closer than i have it...

Bet on MyBookie