Mar 8, 2008
Mad City, WI
What the hell is wrong with this guy?
You must have missed this WWN report...

dick-cheney-robot-heart-weekly-world-news.jpg

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
His talk today we didn,t do nothing wrong. THen the dum chit admitts they broke the law three times. THen admitts BUSH RELEASED OVER 400prisnors from getmo. No trial no hereing no nothing just let them go. Jesus!

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
he`s just pointing out that the dems concern for radical islamists who wanted to pull off a mass casualty attack on u.s. soil was greater than their concern for their own constituents....

and they blinked in the senate...

well done,mr cheney

BobbyBlueChip

Trustee
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Belly of the Beast
Didn't you call him Bush Light the other day?

As long as some one is attacking the President, you agree completely, even when they're saying mutually exclusive things.

Think for yourself, wease - you're better than this.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Didn't you call him Bush Light the other day?

As long as some one is attacking the President, you agree completely, even when they're saying mutually exclusive things.

Think for yourself, wease - you're better than this.

i never called cheney "bush-light"....cheney`s a conservative...bush is a republican...theres a big difference...

cheney`s being attacked from the left...idiots like we`ve seen above in this thread want cheney prosecuted or dead....

cheney goes out and defends his viewpoint and everybody gets their panties in a wad because nobody`s supposed to question the one?...

it doesn`t work that way...

libs(i.e.moonbats) are all about free....some of them want goods and services to be free, while others want freedom to be free....they want to be able to look down their noses at those protecting their freedom(i.e. removing rotc from college campuses), knowing full well that those loyal souls will keep right on doing so, even while the libs rant about how evil they are....

the libs are free to keep their feelings of moral superiority because they know the defenders will still protect their sorry arses anyway.....

cheney`s just pointing out that tough decisions have to be made...platitudes don`t get it in the real world...

Trench

Turn it up
Forum Member
Mar 8, 2008
Mad City, WI
200902006.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP)
-Following today's press conference,
former Vice President Dick Cheney
demonstrates how he "shields his
his brain from liberal media mind control."

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
What the hell is wrong with this guy?

--maybe if you could for elaborate on a subject vs one line opinions we could figure it out?

The subject basically boiled down to protecting America (defence)

Here is Obama's approach (speech) here--
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/05/21/obama_guantanamo_speech_transcript_96610.html

--and here is Cheney's--
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/05/21/cheney_obama_keeping_america_safe_96615.html

--if it's not too much to ask--maybe you could for once go through his speech and give us items to back up your one line summation.

I'll give you an example--

I came away from both with confirmation of ole standard of liberals being extremely weak on terror.

My reason

--Cheney

"Critics of our policies are given to lecturing on the theme of being consistent with American values. But no moral value held dear by the American people obliges public servants ever to sacrifice innocent lives to spare a captured terrorist from unpleasant things. And when an entire population is targeted by a terror network, nothing is more consistent with American values than to stop them."

Bottom line-- made no applogies and bascally said he would do whatever necessary to keep America safe again.

Obama-

"
First, I banned the use of so-called enhanced interrogation techniques by the United States of America.
I know some have argued that brutal methods like water-boarding were necessary to keep us safe. I could not disagree more. As Commander-in-Chief, I see the intelligence, I bear responsibility for keeping this country safe, and I reject the assertion that these are the most effective means of interrogation. What's more, they undermine the rule of law. They alienate us in the world. They serve as a recruitment tool for terrorists, and increase the will of our enemies to fight us, while decreasing the will of others to work with America. They risk the lives of our troops by making it less likely that others will surrender to them in battle, and more likely that Americans will be mistreated if they are captured. In short, they did not advance our war and counter-terrorism efforts - they undermined them, and that is why I ended them once and for all."

Bottom line---he in effect said--

--Lets be clear-if I have to choose between seconds of discomfort on captured terrorist--or thousands of Americans lives-- your ass's are sucking wind.

Your turn Smurph
:0corn

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I was under the impression that criticizing the President's strategy during the war on terror provides comfort to the enemy.:shrug: ...Oh yeah, that's right - it depends on who is president.

Obama missed his chance at the greatest reply to Cheney's comments. It should have been just like this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SypeZjeOrY4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SypeZjeOrY4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Trench

Turn it up
Forum Member
Mar 8, 2008
Mad City, WI
"First, I banned the use of so-called enhanced interrogation techniques by the United States of America.
I know some have argued that brutal methods like water-boarding were necessary to keep us safe. I could not disagree more. As Commander-in-Chief, I see the intelligence, I bear responsibility for keeping this country safe, and I reject the assertion that these are the most effective means of interrogation. What's more, they undermine the rule of law. They alienate us in the world. They serve as a recruitment tool for terrorists, and increase the will of our enemies to fight us, while decreasing the will of others to work with America. They risk the lives of our troops by making it less likely that others will surrender to them in battle, and more likely that Americans will be mistreated if they are captured. In short, they did not advance our war and counter-terrorism efforts - they undermined them, and that is why I ended them once and for all."

Bottom line---he in effect said--

--Lets be clear-if I have to choose between seconds of discomfort on captured terrorist--or thousands of Americans lives-- your ass's are sucking wind.

Your turn Smurph
:0corn

Your usual spin on what Obama said is laughable.

And until someone produces one shred of evidence that waterboarding produced a single name and irrefutable proof that that name couldn't have been produced through other methods, you can throw shit against the wall all day but it aint stickin'.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
I was under the impression that criticizing the President's strategy during the war on terror provides comfort to the enemy.:shrug: ...Oh yeah, that's right - it depends on who is president.

Obama missed his chance at the greatest reply to Cheney's comments. It should have been just like this...

<OBJECT height=344 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SypeZjeOrY4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT>
</P> Hmm I see-- if ragging a kumbaya approach to interrogating terrorist is giving comfort to them--

--what is--- we lost-retreat-surrender-can't win surge won't work :shrug:

If your feeling just a little foolish--you should be. :)

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Your usual spin on what Obama said is laughable.

And until someone produces one shred of evidence that waterboarding produced a single name and irrefutable proof that that name couldn't have been produced through other methods, you can throw shit against the wall all day but it aint stickin'.

On spin issue--I take it then you can't read his own words

Your irrefutable proof is Gumby/liberal logic. Is none to contrary either--your boy Gumby will release only part he wants to--guess you couldn't read that either.

Bottom line if it takes the pres has to put bullet in terrorist head himself--he better damn well do it if it that or american lives--

--and your boy Gumby had been quite clear on issue--he rather suck dicks and chase rabbits than infringe on terrorist rights over saving American lives.

--so how about me giving you some irrefutable proof that Gw/Cheneys methods were effective--no attack after 911.

We'll see what Gumby does--however I don't envy his position--he's ran his mouth about last 8 years-yet it is impossible for him to improve on record since 911--best he can hope for is tie--and if he fucks up--he might want to coral rest of his family living here illegally for 3years now--and get out of dodge. :)

Bet on MyBookie