discovery channel has 2 hour special tonight on the global warming debate.

shamrock

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Boston, MA
Have seen compelling opinions on the board for both sides, should be interesting to see what they say. The one statistic I have heard that's difficult to dismiss is, 19 of the planets hottest 20 years since keeping data have been since 1982 To present.

Happy Hippo

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 2, 2006
Hard for the skeptics to dismiss all those facts...

"The science is overwhelming."
--James E Hansen (NASA's top climate scientist)

buddy

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Seems to be compelling evidence.

But why did they keep interviewing that guy while he was dangling from ropes at tree top level? For visual impact, they could have asked him to start eating a banana.

blgstocks

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2005
So. Cal
im watching it, i wish they would give opposing view points to this, I know that there are scientist that do oppose these views, if they gave those and then let us decide I think it would be much more compelling if their arguments still stood up to the scientists that say there is nothing to worry aboui.

Ii do appreciate brokaw(or whoever it is) saying that some of these things are very hard to come by, like old evidence of tides rising.

Also, I wish they would quit saying "scientists believe ...... were all screwed" Maybe just a couple times i would like to here "SOME scientist believe...... were all screwed"

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
blgstocks said:
im watching it, i wish they would give opposing view points to this, I know that there are scientist that do oppose these views, if they gave those and then let us decide I think it would be much more compelling if their arguments still stood up to the scientists that say there is nothing to worry aboui.

Ii do appreciate brokaw(or whoever it is) saying that some of these things are very hard to come by, like old evidence of tides rising.

Also, I wish they would quit saying "scientists believe ...... were all screwed" Maybe just a couple times i would like to here "SOME scientist believe...... were all screwed"

that's why I didn't watch it as I heard it wasn't a 'debate' at all but just more rhetoric from the Greenhouse Effect Gang. Heck, we should have all been dead in 1992 according to them. :rolleyes:

samayam

Forum Member
Feb 19, 2006
With yall on that. It is a two sided debate. The problem is that anyone who disagrees with these scientists are dismissed as idiotic and short sighted. There has been alot of recearch done by some younger scientists, but most are afraid to speak out against the big global warming power because it will kill their carrer. I look foward to the day where all the scientists who disagree with all this doom and gloom talk unite and speak up and challenge this powerful, politically driven monster who is the global warming crowd. We need some honest debate to sort fact from fiction before we change the way the world works.

SpursDynasty

Forum Member
Oct 29, 2005
Long Beach, California
i tried watching the show but it was really putting me to sleep.

brokaw's monotone voice got to me , i had to turn it off.

I think I saw what I wanted in Al Gore's film, which was more watchable.

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
If anybody had any credible evidence that this is all a hoax I would think that considering who the President is and the Congress in power that this would be the perfect time to come out.

Happy Hippo

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 2, 2006
StevieD said:
If anybody had any credible evidence that this is all a hoax I would think that considering who the President is and the Congress in power that this would be the perfect time to come out.

I agree. For all you who don't believe in global warming, where is your evidence? It may have been a one-sided report, but aren't most news programs? It was still factual evidence that was presented, and therefore worthwhile. I will openly consider all facts, but THE FACT is that THE MAJORITY of WELL RESPECTED scientists BELIEVE in global warming.

SpursDynasty

Forum Member
Oct 29, 2005
Long Beach, California
Happy Hippo said:
I agree. For all you who don't believe in global warming, where is your evidence? It may have been a one-sided report, but aren't most news programs? It was still factual evidence that was presented, and therefore worthwhile. I will openly consider all facts, but THE FACT is that THE MAJORITY of WELL RESPECTED scientists BELIEVE in global warming.

well said.

everything wiht information is one-sided if you think about it.

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
why would a guy who has dedicated his entire professional career to a cause be in any way objective?

how is data collected, where is it collected, how much data do we have, how do we know that data is not the result of fluctuation in solar activity, etc. etc. etc.

these questions are left unanswered and any scientific presentation must answer them and address them

the global warming scare tacticians do not in the least

i can tell you that I ate 2 hamburgers tonight...that does not mean that i eat 2 hamburgers every night...global warming people draw outrageous extrapolations from very limited data

25-30 years ago we were all fearing the impending ice age

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
I have not seen a group come forward and say here's why it's all wrong. I'll be long gone by time in has big affect. However my grand children and many of you guys under 30 may feel the affects.
You can call it a normal earth cycle. Does it matter what name or title you use. If it's a normal cycle or if somehow man has moved the clock forward. It Seems It's has started.

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
there's a thread on here from earlier this year that has tons of proof on why it's bs. I'm too lazy to look for it now.

check it out for some opinions from the other side.

Also, why is it that when people who don't hate the president/administration take something they say at face value and don't believe every conspiracy theory they are neo-con Kool-Aid drinkers, but when these same people think all this global waming/Greenhouse Effect is all bs they are too dumb to listen to the overwhelming facts and ALL the scientists. Hmmm?

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
djv said:
I have not seen a group come forward and say here's why it's all wrong. I'll be long gone by time in has big affect. However my grand children and many of you guys under 30 may feel the affects.
You can call it a normal earth cycle. Does it matter what name or title you use. If it's a normal cycle or if somehow man has moved the clock forward. It Seems It's has started.

we'll just count you in among the masses who was sold land on Mars allrighty?

might not have any value when you die, but someday....maybe!!!

funny how people think the burden of proof should lie on those of us who do not think global warming will happen.....next they will ask us to all prove to them that there is no Santa Claus or Tooth Fairy by showing them their exhumed bodies somewhere :mj07: :mj07: :sadwave: :sadwave:

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Still have not seen any evidence from anybody showing this is BS. Still we see a lot of name calling but no evidence. I will say this for you Doctor at least you are consistent.

Bet on MyBookie