Divisional for Jord

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

T

Casa Bonita Cliff Diver
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2012
Thanks J - I hammered 1H over 8.5 then 5.5 again.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Bombs

Forum Member
Jan 29, 2003
Earth
I have TB +7.5 that’s why they went for 2 lol..
Because of all the
Why did TB go for 2 points?

Because of all the things you could do to increase your chances of winning the game going for 2 there is at the top of the list. It is not even debatable, the probabilities are overwhelming even if you were to factor in a low conversion rate.

• Wow
Reactions: athaole and Luigi

cashcowboy

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 11, 2024
Why not go for 2 if you score another TD?
Assumption: You score 2 TDs without the opponent scoring

The scenarios:
1. You go for two extra points:
95% chance you hit both, tying the game and giving you a 50% (negating missed XP odds)
2. You go for 2pt conversion (assume 45% chance success rate):
45% chance you get it and then win outright on the next TD. Or miss and have to get 2pt on the next TD to tie (giving you a 45% chance of tie-ing giving you 50% chance of winning).
The odds look like this .45 + (.45* .50) = 67.5% chance of winning the game vs. <50% if you go for extra points

So you still have a lot that has to go your way but ASSUMING you get 2 TD's and your opponent does not, you have over a 30% better chance of being the victor with this strategy.

Reactions: LordofBalls

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
I think the "analytics" is saying something to the effect of...you have 2 chances to get the 2-point conversion and you only need one of them. If you get the first one, you win and if you get the second one, you tie/overtime.

Not the way I'd do it though and honestly, if I outscore them 14-0 in the last several minutes, then I welcome overtime. Also, you don't know how the game is going to unfold. If you score the second touchdown too quick, you might be up by a point which forces their hand and they drive into field goal range where they may have settled for a tie deep in their own territory.

I take the point and keep playing and even if I want to play for the win (in regulation)...down by one, I'm not going for 2 for the win unless I know it's for the win, meaning w about 20 seconds or less. I'm not gonna give them 2 chances to beat me late.

Reactions: Luigi

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
I think the "analytics" is saying something to the effect of...you have 2 chances to get the 2-point conversion and you only need one of them. If you get the first one, you win and if you get the second one, you tie/overtime.

Not the way I'd do it though and honestly, if I outscore them 14-0 in the last several minutes, then I welcome overtime. Also, you don't know how the game is going to unfold. If you score the second touchdown too quick, you might be up by a point which forces their hand and they drive into field goal range where they may have settled for a tie deep in their own territory.

I take the point and keep playing and even if I want to play for the win (in regulation)...down by one, I'm not going for 2 for the win unless I know it's for the win, meaning w about 20 seconds or less. I'm not gonna give them 2 chances to beat me late.
ANALytics. Will the future be AI in the coaches box calling the plays?

• Love
Reactions: TouchdownJesus
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Luigi

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2021
Travis is a total asshole as an NFL player. Blowing kisses and making heart signs with his hands. Maybe looking for a BJ tonite! Hope Taylor's lips can handle that before she goes on tour! She may not be able to pronounce those words if his member is a problem.

• Haha
Reactions: boomer1
Bet on MyBookie