the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Drew Gordon

1. 400,000♦ North Carolina
2. 50,000♦ Memphis
3. 50,000♦ Pirates

1. North Carolina- While a lot of bettors seem to like North Carolina in this game, I believe they like the Tarheels for the wrong reasons, and I'm here to give you the right one's. If you think Kansas is going to come out flat, like they did against Davidson, then you don't know basketball, plain and simple. Make no mistake, the Jayhawks will come out fired up for this one, but that being said, I still firmly believe the Tarheels win and cover this contest and here's why:
First and foremost, the Tarheels have the best two players on the court, at the most critical positions - point guard & center. It took him some time, but clearly Ty Lawson is now fully recovered from his ankle injury. When he's at top speed, like right now, he's one of the fastest and most dangerous point guards in the country, bar none. Lawson's tourney numbers: 15 ppg, 4 assists/game, 1+ steals/game, AND just 6 turnovers overall! Good luck to any Jayhawks who draws the assignment of covering the red-hot Lawson!
Then there's Hansbrough, who's the key to this contest. Not only has he ripped through some of the best defenses in the country, game in and game out (28 points, 13 rebounds against a HUGE Louisville frontline), but his ability to extend the defense and hit free throws is critical in this contest. His mid-range jumper killed the Cardinals in Elite Eight, and it'll do the same tonight. He's one of the smartest players in college basketball, and you best believe Kansas C Darrell Arthur is in BIG trouble tonight... He not only got manhandled by a smaller Davidson frontline (just 7 points, 5 rebounds), but has a real penchant for foul trouble (113 personal fouls on the season) which plays right into Hansbrough gameplan.
Looking over the rest of the match ups, I'm willing to say its just about a push across the board. Rush and Chalmers will get theirs, but so will Ellington and super-sub Danny Green. Some say Chalmers is the best defender on the floor, but Marcus Ginyard is rock-solid and will pester Rush the entire game. While overall the Kansas has the better defense, the Tarheels edge on offense with Lawson and Hanbrough is greater, especially with some of the inconsistency we've seen from the Jayhawks offense this season.
Finally, as a last note, you've got to give the coaching the edge to Roy Williams, who has Championship experience. I know its a corny and sometimes over-hyped factor, but not when the opposing coach maybe fielding offers from his alma mater Oklahoma State! I don't care what anyone says, Williams is the better coach, he proved it against Pitino in the Elite Eight, and he's proved it time and again before that.
Bottom line, in a relatively close contest, the difference comes down to the two best players on the court and their ability to change the game at any moment. Lawson will have this Tarheels offense firing on all cylinders, like he has all tourney long. While you can expect Hansbrough to keep the Kansas bigmen guessing all night and spending plenty of time on the bench in foul trouble (Arthur especially). In the end, Tarheels roll!
Take North Carolina over Kansas as your top-rated play of the day.

2. Memphis- Athleticism. That's what it comes down to in this contest... The Tigers have it, and the Bruins simply don't have enough of it. Say what you will about star C Kevin Love and his success this season, but he's yet to see two more athletic bigmen than Memphis' Dozier and Dorsey. If the Bruins think a freshman center is going to be the undoing of this surging Tigers team, they've got another thing coming tonight! But let's dig a little deeper...
When you consider Love might be overmatched for the first time all season, it takes a lot of luster off this UCLA team, but that's not where the mismatches end. Memphis has a strong edge in the backcourt as well, with freshman phenom Derek Rose teaming up with Chris Douglas-Roberts, one of the most underrated players in college basketball this season, to lead the Tigers attack.
Granted, I'm not saying the Bruins are a pushover here, far from it, but its the match ups that are their downfall. For example, Darren Collison, will be working against Antonio Anderson all game long - a tough match up for Collison. While we already discussed both Rose and Douglas-Roberts match up edges. And finally, while not a tremendous advantage, I'll still take Dorsey and Dozier (in Calipari's system) over Mbah a Moute and Love.
Critics will argue that the Bruins have a strong edge in experience, which is absolutely true... But if you want to take the more "experienced" team over the team that just finishing wiping the floor with Michigan State and Texas (in Houston), then be my guest! People are constantly trying to punch holes in this Memphis squad because they come from a weaker conference, but truth be told, they may be the most complete team left in March Mayhem, and it'll show tonight.
Take Memphis over UCLA in tonight's Final Four showdown.

3. Pirates- While the Marlins were excited to ink the big lefty, Mark Hendrickson, to a one-year deal back in January, their expectations were soon dashed, when the southpaw got rocked by the Mets in the season opener. He allowed 6 runs on 7 hits over 5 innings, walking 3 in the process... Not exactly the numbers the Fish were counting on. And unfortunately for Florida, it won't get easier any time soon, as the Pirates have started the season hitting well, batting .281 against lefties thus far.
Speaking of hitting, its clear the Marlins are hurting without Miguel Cabrera, who was the "pop" in Florida batting order. While Hanley Ramirez has stepped up, I cannot disagree more with him hitting in the leadoff spot... He's their best hitter and the Marlins need to put him in a position to bat some runs in, not bat .462 with 1 RBI on the season! Not only that, but with McLouth, Doumit, and especially Nady swinging the bats so well, the disparity on offense is that much more obvious.
Countering Hendrickson will be the Pirates Paul Maholm, who despite going 10-15 with a 5.02 ERA last season, is better than those numbers indicate. The proof is in the pudding, and the last time he pitched at Dolphin Stadium he was excellent, allowing 2 runs on 3 hits in 7 2/3 innings of a 3-2 win back on June 26th of last season! Not only should Maholm outpitch Hendrickson, but based on the Pirates above average hitting to start the season, Maholm should get plenty of support.
Bottom line, look for the Pirates to bounce back strong tonight, thanks in large part to a solid edge on the mound, and an even bigger edge at the plate. Maholm had a great Spring, and many are pointing to this season as a breakout year for the southpaw, and it all starts tonight in South Florida.
Take Pittsburgh behind Malholm over Florida and Hendrickson in this MLB match up.

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Michael Cannon

50 Dime
UCLA

Take Ucla over Memphis tonight in the first game of the Final Four.

The wrong team is favored here folks, there?s no question about it.

Ucla is without question more solid in all phases of the game, including offense. I know the Bruins have struggled at times to put points on the board, but believe me they are going to put a clinic on against Memphis tonight.
Memphis benefited from playing in a joke of a conference, but I will grant them their due for getting to the Final Four. But when it comes time for tip off tonight, the Tigers will understand why the Bruins are the most accomplished defensive team in the country.

Memphis thrives on its dribble-drive motion offense, in which it overwhelms its opponent with constant penetrations into the defense until their opponent yields a lay-up or an uncontested 3-pointer.
The problem Memphis is going to have tonight is Ucla?s ability to cut off the penetration with guards Darren Collison and Russell Westbrook. This will force Memphis to rely on its perimeter game and I?ll gladly take my chances with the Bruins if it comes down to that.

Ucla also has the advantage on the inside with Kevin Love.The super-frosh has the potential to get Joey Dorsey into foul trouble, which will seriously hinder the Tigers? chances of winning this game.

Ucla may not be the best shooting team left in the tournament, but their defense and fundamentals are so sound under coach Ben Howland it?s hard not to like them as the small dog here.
The final dagger against Memphis is its always controversial foul shooting. I know the Tigers shut all their critics up by nailing 30 of 36 from the charity stripe against Texas, but that?s an aberration. This is still the same team that shot 59 percent from the foul line for the season.
I like Ucla to control the pace of this game tonight, and as a result I like them to pull away in the second half.

Take the Bruins as they move on to the championship Monday night.

20 Dime ?

NORTH CAROLINA

Take the Tarheels as the small chalk tonight over the Jayhawks.

Two great teams squaring off here, no question about it.But North Carolina is playing too solid right now for me to go against them. They?ve won all four of their tournament games by double digits, and truth be told they looked in control in every single one of those games from the opening tip.

Now, you could argue that Louisville had the momentum in the second half of last week?s 83-73 loss to the Tarheels, but the thing that struck me the most about that game was how hard Louisville had to work just to get back in the game, and then Carolina would just jump back out to a six or seven-point lead just like that.

It seemed almost effortless for North Carolina to thwart the momentum of the Cardinals and get back in control of the game.
Kansas looked tight to me in last week?s two-point win over Davidson. The Jayhawks played like they didn?t want to lose instead of forcing the tempo of the game like the Tarheels have done each time out.
I know Kansas likes to run, but they would be foolish to try and do so against North Carolina. First of all, the Tarheels can outrun any team in the country.

There?s no question about that.

Secondly, if Kansas tries to run when Sasha Kahn is on the floor, they will get buried. Kahn cannot keep up with Tyler Hansbrough and I would love to see him try. Kahn has been a spark off the bench for Kansas, but he?s out of his element here tonight.
I could fill the rest of this analysis with pointspread streaks that North Carolina is on right now, but the simple truth is North Carolina is the better team here.
They can run better than Kansas and they?re going to outrebound the Jayhawks as well. Kansas won?t be able to go on any runs here tonight because when they do score, the Tarheels will push the ball up the court and neutralize it with a quick basket on the other end.

Lay the points with North Carolina as they grab the win and cover.

5 Dime ?

PADRES (With Peavy as listed pitcher)

Take the Padres as the small home favorite for the win this afternoon over the Dodgers.
I know Brad Penny is getting the start for Los Angeles, but his presence only gives us a better price on the Padres.
Penny is just 3-6 with a 5.61 ERA in 14 career games against San Diego, and when you consider both teams play in pitchers' ballparks, that ERA is mighty alarming.
The Padres will counter with arguably the best pitcher in baseball, Jake Peavy.
The San Diego right-hander has sparkled with a 9-1 record and a 2.30 ERA in 18 career games against the Dodgers.
Now how can you argue against numbers like that?
You can?t
Peavy is the better pitcher and the Padres get the home win here today.

ROYALS (With Meche as listed pitcher)

Take the Royals for the road win this afternoon over the Twins.
Kansas City has bolted out of the gates this season to an improbable 3-1 start. They could very well be 4-0, but they dropped a 4-3 decision to the Twins last night.
I like them to bounce back today behind staff ace Gil Meche.
Meche is 6-3 with a 4.05 ERA in 12 career games against Minnesota.
The Twins will counter with Livan Hernandez, who was signed to fill the void left by the departure of Johan Santana.
Hernandez isn?t even close to being the caliber of pitcher that Santana is, and the fact that he?s the No. 1 pitcher in the rotation tells you how weak the Twins are in that department this year.

Take Kansas City as they bounce back with the road win.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Eddie Roman

Highest Rated 15,000 Unit
Final Four Game of my Career

15,000 units Memphis

13-3 Career W/ 15,000 Unit Plays

10-0 Last 10 Final Four Plays

24 out of 35 Winning Days

2000 Unit Bonus Locks

2000 units UNC
2000 units Arizona

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Stu Feiner

FIRST EVER 100,000 DIME
LOCK OF MY LIFETIME

Final Four Saturday

The Single Strongest Game I
Have ever Seen In My Life

100,000 Memphis

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Damon Roberts

ONE AND ONLY 10,000 DIME
FINAL FOUR PARLAY

North Carolina - Kansas
UCLA - Memphis

This baby pays 6-1 on our money

10,000 NC/Kan under and Ucla/Mem under

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Karl Garrett

40 DIME

FINAL 4 DOUBLE UP

40 DIME UCLA
40 DIME UNC

10 DIME ROYALS
10 DIME Padres

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
FAIRWAY JAY

20* Final 4 GOY (23-8 CBB Postseason 20*): $29
Fairway has dominated the NCAA Postseason over the last three years, going 23-8 (74%) with 20* plays in Conf Tourneys, the NIT, and NCAA Tournament. For Saturday, Get his 20* NCAA Final 4 Big Drive GOY for $29, and it must win or his next play is free.

20* Kansas +3.5

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Rob Veno

NCAA Final Four Saturday Bluechip Report: $19
Rob Veno has had a stellar College Hoops campaign that has banked +12 units of profit. Get his Saturday NCAA Final Four Bluechip Report for just $19, and it is guaranteed to win or Rob Veno's NCAA Championship report is yours at no additional cost.

Blue Chip: Kansas +3

NCAA Final Four Over/Under Bluechip Report: $19
Rob Veno has had a stellar College Hoops campaign that has banked +22.6 units with O/U plays. Get his Saturday NCAA Final Four Bluechip Report for just $19, and it is guaranteed to win or Rob's NCAA Championship report is yours at no additional cost.

Blue Chip: UCLA Over 133.5

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Rocco Vincintore

Guaranteed Selections
Date: Saturday, April 05, 2008
$25.00 Guaranteed: We had a lose last night with Seattle. Today Rocco has isolated another 1000* BASEBALL MONSTER BLOWOUT WINNER that is yours now for just $25 ane you will pay only after you win! Last year we were 88-35 for PLUS 52.5 Units for the season in baseball! So far this year 3-1 for PLUS 1.75 UNITS and we are on a 28-3 BASEBALL RUN since August 28th of last year! 4/5/2008

1000* BASEBALL MONSTER BLOWOUT WINNER
St Louis Wainwright -165 1:10

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
California Sports

NCAA
4* NC/Kansas UNDER 160
3* North Carolina -3

NBA
3* Toronto Raptors

MLB
4* Cleveland -150 listing Sabathia
3* Pittsburgh +107 listing Maholm

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Frank Rosenthal

Nba
805 Celtics-2 Sb
807 Raptors-4 Sb
812 Nuggets-10 Sb+
Over 232.5 Sb+

Ncaa
Final Four
814 Ucla+2.5 Sb+
Over 133 Sb+
816 Unc-2.5 Sb
Over 159 Sb

Major League Baseball
954 Cubs+105 Sb
962 Padres-145 Sb
Under 7 Sb+
970 Bjays+120 Sb
973 Cws+150 Sb
979 Rangers+150 Sb

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Insider Sports Report

4* Houston (Oswalt) -125 over Chicago Cubs (Marquis)
Range -110 to -145

4* N. Carolina -3 over Kansas (NCAAB)
Range -1.5 to -5

3* U.C.L.A. +2 over Memphis (NBA)
Range +3.5 to Pk

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Wolkosky Milan

542-446-18 last two hundred six days
205-171-5 last eighty six days