5*.............................bulls

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
BEN BURNS

COLLEGE BASKETBALL

UNDER UCLA/Memphis
Game: Memphis vs. UCLA Game Time: 4/5/2008 6:05:00 PM Prediction: under Reason: I'm playing on Memphis and UCLA to finish UNDER the number. The Bruins saw their game vs. Xavier slip above the number by a basket, as the teams finished with 133 combined points. Today's total is slightly higher but I'm expecting a lower combined final score. When facing a top tier defense, the Bruins can be slowed down, as they've been held to 57 points or less in two of their past six games. Despite playing some high-scoring games in the tournament thus far, I believe that Memphis qualifies as a 'top tier defensive team' as the Tigers have still allowed just 61.1 points per game while holding opponents to just 38.8%. Five of their last nine opponents have scored less than 57 points. The Tigers have seen the UNDER go 4-1 their last five games vs. teams from the Pac-10 and 3-0 their last three tournament semi-final games, dating back to 2005. During that stretch, the UNDER is 21-6-1 when they've played a game with an over/under line in the 130s. During the same stretch, the Bruins have seen the UNDER go a profitable 27-15-1 when playing a game with an over/under line in the 130s. The Bruins have also seen the UNDER go 4-1 the last five times that they played a tournament semi-final game and 10-4-1 the last 15 times that they played with five or six day's rest in between games. Last year, prior to facing Florida in the Finals, the Bruins combined with Kansas for 123 points (68-55) in a game which stayed below the number by eight points. The previous year, the Bruins faced LSU in the Final Four. The Bruins held those Tigers to only 45 points (59-45) in a game which stayed below the total by nearly 20 points. Facing a different group of Tigers, I expect the defensive-minded Ben Howland to have his team slow down the tempo once again. The Bruins, who held Mississippi Valley State to 29 points, are among the best defenses in the country and I look for them to be as intense as ever on that side of the ball today. The results from the past two rounds have given us excellent value and I look for the final combined score to fall below what I feel is a generous number. *Annihilator

KANSAS
Game: Kansas vs. North Carolina Game Time: 4/5/2008 8:45:00 PM Prediction: Kansas Reason: I'm taking the points with KANSAS. Both teams are very talented, very experienced and very well-coached. Most of the betting public loves North Carolina though, which is due largely to the fact that the Tar Heels have been blowing teams out in this tournament while the Jayhawks barely scraped by Davidson in their last matchup. Keep in mind that their previous three victories all came by double-digits. Granted, the Tar Heels have been impressive. However, they've also been helped significantly by the fact that they've been able to play their games in front of a partisan home-state crowd. They won't have that luxury this evening and they'll be facing a team which can truly matchup against them. Rugged 6'8 250lb Darnell Jackson and 6'11 Sasha Kaun give the Jayhawks a pair of big bodies in the frontcourt which can slow down Hansbrough. The Kansas backcourt is also "fully loaded" and their depth allows them to be extremely aggressive on the perimeter. That aggressive defense has allowed a mere 61.2 points per game while holding opponents to just 37.9% shooting from the field. By comparison, the Tar Heels are giving up 72.2 and allowing a 42.3% shooting percentage. Not only do the Jayhawks have a ton of depth but they've also got a ton of experience. Indeed, you have to go nine players down the Kansas scoring list before you find your first freshman. Hansbrough is a true star for UNC. Rush is no slouch for Kansas either though. He's a legit top tier talent, one which can create offense and get to the free throw line. The Jayhawks haven't been listed as underdogs this season but are 4-1 ATS the last five times they were in that role, dating back to November 2005. Most recently they won outright as +6 point dogs at Florida, which followed an outright double-digit win (as +3.5 dogs) vs. Texas. I believe the Jayhawks offer terrific value and I expect them to improve on those stats this evening. *Game of Year

BURNS
NBA

CHARLOTTE
Game: Boston Celtics vs. Charlotte Bobcats Game Time: 4/5/2008 7:05:00 PM Prediction: Charlotte Bobcats Reason: I'm taking the points with CHARLOTTE. The Celtics have been on a great run or late. However, I expect it to come to an end tonight, at least from an 'against the spread' perspective. The Bobcats have played the Celtics extremely tough this season. They lost the last game at Boston by eight points, after winning outright in their previous trip there. The game here at Charlotte resulted in a 1-point win by the Celtics. Not surprisingly, the Bobcats were 3-0 ATS in those games. That brings them to a profitable 9-1 ATS in 10 series meetings since 2005. The Bobcats won last night, earning their fifth win in eight games. Note that only one of the three losses came by more than four points. While the playoffs are a virtual impossibility, the team continues to fight hard. As guard Jason Richardson, who had 27 points last night, had to say: "We know that it's getting close to getting teams eliminated from the playoffs, but we still got team goals that we want to accomplish and we are going to play hard until the last game of the season." With the Bobcats off a game last night, the betting public will be quick to write them off here. However, the Celts are expected to be without Paul Pierce and the Bobcats have actually played quite well when playing the second of back to back games. In fact, they're 4-1 SU/ATS their last five in that situation, including outright wins over the Warriors, Wizards, Blazers and Lakers. Look for them to continue to fight hard as they give the Celts a tougher game than expected once again, improving on their strong numbers in the series. *Best Bet

UNDER hawks/76ers
Game: Atlanta Hawks vs. Philadelphia 76ers Game Time: 4/5/2008 7:05:00 PM Prediction: under Reason: I'm playing on Philadelphia and ATLANTA to finish UNDER the number. These teams played a high-scoring game at Atlanta last night, finishing with 213 combined points. However, as we've seen numerous times in recent weeks, the second game of these home and home sets is often played at a much different tempo from the first. I expect that to be the case this evening. Looking back at this season's earlier two meetings and we find that the other game at Atlanta produced just 187 points while the game here at Philadephia finished with a mere 167. That brought the UNDER to 7-5 the last 12 series meetings here. A closer look shows that nine of those 12 games finished with 207 points or less and that this is the highest over/under line for any game during that stretch. The 76ers have played three home games, after playing the previous night, since the beginning of March. Those three games averaged just 187 points and all three finished with less than 200. The most recent came here against New Jersey last weekend. The over/under line was 201.5 but the teams combined for just 178. Looking back at the last 20 times that the 76ers played the second of back to back games and we find that only three of those games produced more than 205 combined points. With much on the line, I look for better defense than we saw last night and for the final combined score to stay below that mark once again. *Blue Chip

BURNS NHL

CANUCKS
Game: Calgary Flames vs. Vancouver Canucks Game Time: 4/5/2008 10:05:00 PM Prediction: Vancouver Canucks Reason: I'm playing on VANCOUVER. The Canucks were eliminated from playoff contention in their last game, suffering a disappointing 1-goal loss to the Oilers. Most will assume that they no longer care and won't bother showing up tonight. However, I expect the opposite to be true. For starters, the Canucks really dislike the Flames and they know that they'll hurt their playoff seeding by beating them tonight. Next, while the Flames have bigger games ahead, this will be the Canucks' last game of the season - and also the last as this particular group - as there will surely be several offseason changes. Additionally, with the pressure off, teams that just got eliminated from the playoff race, often surprise people by playing well in their next game. The Canucks can attest to that, as Thursday's 2-1 loss came at the hands of an Edmonton team which had just been knocked out of the playoff race in its previous game. The Oilers were dealing with injuries and hadn't won at Vancouver in ages. Yet, with the pressure off and the chance to do some 'spoiling,' they came through with their best effort. The Canucks are 11-6 (+4.7) this season after scoring one goal or less in their previous game and 33-20 (+12.6) in that situation the past three seasons. They're also 5-1 the last six times they hosted the Flames, including 3-0 this season. Look for them to show some pride and close out the season with a victory for the home fans. *Main Event

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Teddy June

MLB Total of the Day (MLB Totals YTD: 4-1 80%)
My 5* MLB Total of the Day is the LA Dodgers/San Diego Padres Under the posted total. Terrific pitching matchup here as Brad Penny squares off against Jake Peavy in the pitchers friendly park PETCO field. Each starter looked strong in their first meeting with Penny going 6.2 innings with 0 ER?s and Peavy 7 innings and 0 ER?s. Peavy faced the Dodgers 5 times last year, 3-0, 34.2 IP, 2.08 ERA and a 0.89 WHIP while Penny faced the Padres once going 7 IP, 1 ER, and a 1.00 WHIP. The Dodgers have been part of some very low O/U numbers and for good reason as they really don?t present a ton of pop in this lineup. They will have to manufacture runs for the most part outside of Jones and will stand behind some strong pitching. Their bullpen has been terrific which has been no surprise as Broxton sets up Saito for one of the best 1-2 punches. The bullpen has combined for 11.1 innings, a 1.06 WHIP and a 1.59 ERA. The Padres have gone under in 2 of their 3 games thus far and have also been a part of some very low lines. Outside of their game on 04/02 in which Maddux and Rodriguez got shelled they were in a 3-2 game, a 2-1 game and a 4-0 game. Their bullpen outside of that particular game has been very good with Heath Bell doing a terrific job setting up the veteran Hoffman. Two small ball teams that don?t present a ton of power, two stud starters, a pitchers park, a very low line and two very solid bullpens should give us a nice low scoring affair for this one. I currently have this line at 6.5 with plus juice.

5* MLB Total of the Day
Dodgers/Padres Under

College Basketball UCLA/Memphis Winner (10-3 Last 13 All Sports Selections)

10* College Basketball UCLA/Memphis Winner is the Memphis Tigers minus the points over the UCLA Bruins. A lot of experts have argued this week that the difference in this game is going to be UCLA?s defense and Kevin Love down low. As far as UCLA?s defense is concerned there is no question they will bring pressure both around the perimeter and in the paint but they are not as athletic as the Tigers and I really think Memphis? speed is going to surprise this Bruins group. They also don?t bring the kind of depth the Tigers have off the bench. Memphis is very quick and they are led by a floor general who may just be a freshman but plays like a senior in Derrick Rose, Rose is a kid that rarely forces a bad shot, is a terrific passer and is the ultimate point key as he makes quick good decisions and takes high percentages shots. The big advantage in the back court is going to be the length of the Tigers with Rose over Collision and CDR once again being a guy that defenses really can?t do much to stop. I have really yet to see someone really shut down CDR this season as his length and ability to get the basket is unparallel to anyone in the nation, while all the attention is on Love, CDR is the best player on the floor in my opinion. In the front court Memphis is very talented and I think all this Kevin Love talk this week is a bit ridiculous. The Tigers have Dorsey, Dozier and Taggart all of which are pretty good defensively and are having strong NCAA tournaments. While all the talk has been about UCLA?s defense, Memphis is a team that has played incredible defense in this tournament and has been very good defensively all season long. They ranked 8th in FG% against at 38.8, 8th in 3PT% against at 30.3, 13th in the country in offensive rebounding and 10th in the country in defensive rebounding. They held Michigan State to 20 first half points, they held Texas to 28 first half points and 36.2% shooting including 32.1% from the 3 point line. I have seen a team in Memphis all tournament that wants this more than any other team in the country, a team that steps out on the floor with a swagger and a confidence they will not only beat you but do it convincingly. Coach Cal has these kids buying into the underdog role of the remaining 4 teams and I expect Memphis to get the job done here and advance to the Championship game. I currently have this line at -2 and have this rated at 10* up to -4. My 10* College Basketball UCLA/Memphis Winner is the Memphis Tigers minus the points

10* Private Players Club Selection is the Kansas Jayhawks plus the points over the North Carolina Tar Heels. I currently have this line at +3 and have this rated at 10* down to +1.

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Sports Bank

Final Four Game Of Year
500* Kansas

Alatex

15* Memphis/UCLA Over

Marc Lawrence

5* UCLA
3* Kansas

SPORTS UNLIMITED

5* Memphis

JB Sports

2* Chicago Bulls

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Preferred Picks

5*UCLA

JR Tips

BILLIONAIRES BOYS CLUB VIP PICK

2008 NCAA FINAL FOUR

KANSAS +3 1/2 vs North Carolina

Also:
10,000,000 Nets +4
5,000,000 Memphis/UCLA UNDER 133'
5,000,000 San Francisco +173

Deano's Free B

Forum Member
Jan 9, 2008
Flint, MI
Handicappers Paradise

Handicappers Paradise

BIG DAY TODAY!!! Looking for Dean to get us another winning day... for those of you who are not tracking him he's doing pretty well. Started out hot and then went 2-2 like for four days then 4-0 then 2-2 yesterday.... hasn't had a 1-3 or 0-4 day yet... hopefully I dont gynxe him! lol

GL! :00hour

Josh Dean

4-Bet Smash -Thru 6 days

NBA 7-1 CBB 2-4 NHL 6-1 MLB 4-5 AFL 1-0-1 ($100) ^$478

2-2 Yesterday
20-11-1 This Week (64%)
20-11-1 OA (64%)

NBA
Atl/Phl OVER 204.5

CBB
Mem/Ucla OVER 134.5

NHL
Atlanta -120

MLB
San Diego -145

AFL--

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Winners Inc.

Guaranteed Selections
Date: Saturday, April 05, 2008
$25.00 Guaranteed: Last year in BASEBALL we were 77-31 for PLUS 50.2 Units on the season and that my friends is playing just ONE UNIT PER GAME! So far this year we are 3-2 for PLUS .6 UNITS! Tonight we are featuring another MONSTER $500,000 BASEBALL WINNER that you can get for just $25 and you will be charged only after you win! We are currently on a REMARKABLE 31-11 run with all of our selections! 4/5/2008

MONSTER $500,000 BASEBALL WINNER
Cleveland w/Sabathia -150 4:05 EST

Guaranteed Selections
$25.00 Guaranteed: Today in the COLLEGE HOOPS we our featuring our $500,000 FINAL FOUR PLAY OF THE YEAR! You can get this HUGE WINNER for just $25 and as always you WILL WIN THIS GAME or YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED! We are the WINNING MACHINES at Winners Inc.! We are now on an 156-79 run with all of our guaranteed Selections And we are currently 23-12 in the NBA and 60-34 in College Hoops! 4/5/2008

$500,000 FINAL FOUR PLAY OF THE YEAR
816 North Carolina -3 8:45 EST

Guaranteed Selections
$25.00 Guaranteed: Today in the NBA we our featuring our $500,000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE GAME OF THE YEAR! You can get this HUGE WINNER for just $25 and as always you WILL WIN THIS GAME or YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED! We are the WINNING MACHINES at Winners Inc.! We are now on an 156-79 run with all of our guaranteed Selections And we are currently 24-12 in the NBA and 60-35 in College Hoops! 4/5/2008

$500,000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE GAME OF THE YEAR
807 Toronto -5.5 7:35 EST

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

LadyLuck

Forum Member
Mar 31, 2008
BLS services

BLS services

AFL (Dallas-12)

MLB (Whitesox Moneyline)

MLB (LA vs Padres Over 6 runs)

I will be posting these plays everyday if you guys fade them its up to you I have tried them out on a couple plays tends to be around 50-50 just like the rest but sometimes they do get on a streak you know the routine this is my first post an dyou wont be able to find them on the net heard of them through word of mouth i dont see many if any women gamblers on here so i will take the bashing just make it tasteful moon1 goodluck to all

Dr. T

Forum Member
Mar 30, 2006
Red Dog Sports

5-0 in NCAA tourney. 3-0 in UNC games.

UNC/Kansas over 74.5 (-127) Pinnacle (first half)

As I write this on Friday night, 74.5 is available at Pinnacle and the line is 75 or 75.5 at most of the other books. With a game total of 160 they are expecting about 75 in the first half and 85 in the second half.

Kansas has played some low scoring games recently vs. Davidson, Villanova and UNLV but this matchup reminds me of games when the Jayhawks played Texas. The halftime scores of those games were 46-45 (91 total) and 42-38 (80 total). Also, when Kansas played another fast paced non-conference team it was 40-40 at half vs. Arizona.

UNC and Kansas have been off for close to a week and should have fresh legs. UNC is one of the highest scoring teams in the country and with Lawson they can score quickly. Hansbrough should get to the line and Green and Ellington can make 3's. Kansas has plenty of scorers and even Sasha Kaun has been scoring inside.

This game features Roy Williams vs. his old team and this could lead to some nerves at first but I expect plenty of points early and the jitters to occur in the second half. This is when we could get a slower pace.

However, I expect a fast game in the first 20 minutes. UNC is one of the best rebounding teams and that could lead to quick points on fast breaks.

I think we see a score in the 42-38 range at half. My guess is 80 points at half.

UNC/Kansas over 74.5 (-127) (1st half)

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Jay Firestone

Play the Padres -130 for 2 units
I will back Jake Peavy almost every time when he lays less than 150. What we must remember is that the Pads also have one of, if not the best bullpen in the league, so blowing a great Peavy outing is very unlikely. We also have to remember that Peavy is a work horse, and has no problem pitching a complete game if he has to. The Dodgers know how tough Peavy can be. Peavy was a perfect 5-0 last year vs LA, as he pitched in 34 innings in those 5 games with LA scoring a total of only 12 runs. In fact, the Pads are 10-1 in Peavy's last 11 starts vs LA....WOW! The Pads also play very well at home vs LA as they have taken 6 of the last 9 meetings at Petco, including 2 wins with Peavy. Now I have nothing but good things to say about Dodgers starter Brad Penny as well. However if there is one thing this guy cant do, its beating the Pads. Penny is a horrible 3-6 in his career vs SD with a very high 5.61 ERA. Peavy by the way is 9-1 all time vs LA with an ERA of oh only 2.30. NOT BAD! I like SD here in a low scoring game. Pads 4-2

In College Hoops.....

Play UNC -3 for 3 units
CAN NOT stress enough that Carolina without a doubt is the best team BY FAR in this Country. They were built to win THIS National Championship. Everyone talks about Kansas having the motivation to knock off Roy Williams, but how about Roy Williams wanting to knock off Kansas? Remember this is a guy that waited so long to win a _title_, and you can bet he wants another one just as bad. There is NO ONE, not even the athletes that Kansas has, that can match up down low with Hansborro, or outside with Ellington, and Lawson. Carolina should be able to run up and down the court on these guys. I know Kansas plays great Defense, but they have not seen an offense like this one all season long. In fact, this is the first time all season that KU is the Under-dog. I do not like them in this role, and I can easily see them being intimidated i Carolina gets off to the hot start that I anticipate they will. I always love Carolina in this spot of giving less than 5 points. Under Roy Williams, Carolina is 17-10 ATS when laying less than 5 points. Sit back and watch the Heels go for 80+ in this one cruising to an 86-72 win.

Play UCLA +2 for 1.5 units
Love the matchup here for UCLA. We all know this is probably the best defense in the country. I expect them to keep the Memphis guards outside and force the Tigers into long outside shots. The Bruins own the 8th best scoring defense in the country, and have allowed 70 points in only 3 of their last 19 games. I simply do not feel as if Memphis is fundamentally ready for this matchup. Just look at last season when UCLA held the Tigers to only 45 points. Memphis shot a HORRIBLE 17 of 54 from the field. UCLA did the same thing in that game that I expect them to do here. They will force Memphis into taking ridiculous shots. In the Tournament game last year, the Tigers shot only 2 of 17 from 3 point land. And of corse in a tight game, I expect the Tigers to crumble at the FREE THROW LINE. All in all I think UCLA has a lot more to play for as this team is starving for another National Championship. UCLA wins this one 71-63

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Sean Michaels

FIFTH 50 DIME RELEASE OF THE ENTIRE BASKETBALL SEASON

Final Four Play

My biggest play in basketball this season

4-0 with 50 Dime Releases

+182.5 Dimes in Postseason Play

10-1-1 Best Bet Run

50 Dimes North Carolina

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Vegas Runner

2* Under Memphis/UCLA

CBB Total
triple-dime bet816 North Carolina / 815 Kansas Over 159.0
Analysis:
*** 3* BEST BET of the DAY ***

First off, I want to let you know that the most difficult part of today's decision making process wasn't the plays, because we had worked on them all week and were only waiting for some final Confirmations that we had expected would go as planned...but the problem has been for the past 30min...how to best divide the Units up so that not only are we in the best position to Profit, but that when we do...we are able to extract the most for our efforts...and although I know that many of you would have liked to see a side wager as the 3*...when you check out the Teaser Plays also, you will understand why we broke it down like we have and realize that through theTeasers, we are able to actually get down more Units on those plays....so lets get to it....

Well I already explained countless times how we come to our conclusion with Totals and I actually did so with the early one I believe...so here I will hust skip the bulls**t and get to the Bottom Line...

This game is going to go Over the Total because of the amount of Possessions that both teams are going to have in this game...and if they can even just be near par for the year in terms of FG%, we shouldn't have too much problems getting there...and that is coming from a bettor who always tries to find reasons to back an Under....

The truth is, if this were a regular season game, the number would have been sent out around 164-165 and by the time the Sharps got finished sending out Buy-Orders on the Over immediately, as well as the public getting in line to do the same...we would be looking at something about 10 points higher than what we are getting tonight....and I can verify that because my own numbers brought this one out at 163 and again, I am more of an Under bettor so I tend to lean that way...LVSC had their oddsmakers all over the place for this one and I heard that the number 164 is what was floating around...but of course they need to take public perception into accout because as I've said...they are not trying to come out with a perfect number based on their ratings, but instead, a number that will protect their clients the books from both the betting public, as well as Professional Bettors like myself....

And on a weekend like this, believe me because I have been in the middle of this kind of game..and their main concern is the betting public before the sharps...

I expect both teams to really play loose, especially Kansas who got that pressure off them with the win over Davidson....and what is even more important, is the fact that these 2 teams both like to run, and unlike so many of the games where we had a contrast of styles, in this one, we will see both trying to out-do the other...

The reason the number is so low is because the game is so meaningful and therefore we will see much more 1/2 court plays being set up than if it was during the season...but with that said....I see no reason at all that this one will not fly over...

Finally, not surprising, it appears that the general public has gone the way the oddsmakers had envisioned and are definately leaning towards the Under, while the Sharps went Over 158 as soon as it went up...and I am not seeing any buy-back anywhere...

Lets go ahead and play this one OVER the Total as our 3* BEST BET and look to Improve on our "13-4" BIG BET Record for the Tournament.

CBB Sides
triple-dime bet815 Kansas 4.0 (-110) Bodog vs 816 North Carolina

***** 5* NCAA FINAL FOUR GAME of the YEAR *****

Well you gotta love Bodog when you are looking to back the Dog...and that is exactly what we have decided to do with this Match-Up and if you have received all of the Plays for this Final Four, you will see how we stated that choosing the Unit amounts was tougher than the plays...so lets get right to it because we have some more BOMBS to DROP with BOTH SIDES and TOTALS Tonight as well as the TEASER PLAY of the DAY...
This one will live up to the hype and thats because both these teams can play and they are willing to put on an exciting brand of basketball...but the difference in this one is the POINT-SPREAD...and lets be honest, North Carolina has no business at all being a 4pt Fav, or even a 2/3 Pt fav, and regardless of the outcome...it will not change that fact...when this Tournament first began Kansas would have been a Pick'em at the most and because of the public's love for UNC, we possibly would have seen -1....but like I have said countless times...these lines are not based on facts and stats...they are based on public perception when it comes to such a marquee game like this...
And the public has seen North Carolina blow away the competion like they were playing high-school teams and I know because we were on them...and that is the only thing the public remembers...as well as Davidson taking a last shot to actually be in this game rather than the Jayhawks...and that is the only reason we are seeing this many points for Kansas....
The Bottom Line here is that when you talk about big games like this one...DEFENSE WINS !!!...we saw it already 2 times in the past 48hrs with both OHIO ST and TULSA...and more importantly..we also saw the team who is able to play at a much slower Tempo win Both of those games...and this evening, we all know which of these teams is both the better defensive team, as well as the slower paced team....and where we will see Kansas run is when N Carolina crashes them offensive boards but doesn't come away with the rebound...and then its transition baskets the other way, all evening long....
Lets face it, for Kansas although this is the most important game they will have ever played as a unit...last week's win over Davidson is a very close 2nd....and that pressure that they had on them was so evident, and the reason we took the Points with Davidson and Cashed last weekend...
Like I say, we have all seen these teams play a lot this late in the season and we also have watched them in the Tournament, so I'm not going to waste your time talking about stats like FG% and 3pt shooting because thats available to us everywhere...but I prefer to touch on the factors that really matter when wagering on sports, and besides the 2 teams playing...the main objective is to BEAT the NUMBER..and that is what we need to always keep in mind...
And as I explained, the Bottom Line is that this one is just TOO HIGH to leave alone and I will go a step further and tell you that I really think that we will be seeing Kansas in the National Championship come Monday because they have all the components to get there...They will have the size advantage, defensive advantage, maturity advantage, and even offensively I make it a pick'em...and now we get to take them with 4Points because the betting public watched Carolina take care of business the way that they did...
Well, I'm all over it...so lets take the generous spot although we shouldn't be needing it...and we have been able to go "30-14" in this Tournament...and the ride isn't over yer...as we intend on CASHING this 5* FINAL FOUR GAME of the YEAR...make sure to check out the other selections because as I stated, out biggest problem was deciding on the Units because we feel they are all very strong plays that offer a huge edge for such big games.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

tomtebow

Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
JEFFERSONSPORTS
NBA
CHARLOTTE-1

No final four plays. Does not like the lines.

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Larry Ness

Memphis Tigers v/s UCLA Bruins 4/5/2008 6:05:00 pm Predicted Winner: UCLA Bruins
Heading into last week's games, Memphis was everyone's choice as the most-likely No. 1 seed NOT to make it through to the Final 4. Calipari jumped all over the supposed slight and used it as a "rallying cry" for his tem. The Tigers responded with two OUTSTANDING games, trouncing both Michigan State (92-74) and Texas (85-67). The 6-7 Douglas-Roberts (17.7-4.2) led the scoring last weekend scoring exactly 25 points in each game, while freshman PG Rose (14.6-4.4-4.7) averaged 24.0-5.0-7.0, outplaying first Drew Neitzel of Michigan State (a preseason All-American) and DJ Augustin of Texas (a first-team AP All-American). The Tigers shot 26-of-52 against MSU and then 31-59 against Texas as a team from the floor. Also of note, the team went 56-of-71 from the free-throw line (78.9 percent), far above its less than 60 percent average prior to the games with MSU and Texas. Memphis has two athletic 6-9 players up front in Dozier (9.2-6.8) and Dorsey (7.1-9.6), plus the 6-6 Anderson (8.4-3.7-3.5) completes the starting five. Mack (7.2) and Kemp (7.2) add excellent depth on the perimeter but inside, the 6-10 Taggert has done little in the postseason, to-date. Memphis averages 80.3 PPG, while UCLA has topped 80 points just 13 times all season, with a high of 89 vs Idaho State back on Dec 15. However, while most of the defensive talk surrounds UCLA, let's note that Memphis has held opponents to 61.6 PPG (UCLA allows 58.5), plus has a better defensive FG percentage (38.8-to-41.8), as well. Players have come and gone for UCLA but this will the school's third consecutive Final 4 appearance. The one man who has been a starter for each team is the 6-8 Mbah a Moute (8.7-5.8). He played well last weekend, with 20 points and 20 rebounds in the two games. UCLA features a terrific perimeter game, led by guards Collison (14.8-2.6-3.8), Westbrook (12.5-3.9-4.3) and swingman Shipp (12.3-3.2-2.2), who is overdue for a good game. However, as everyone knows, UCLA's MVP is 6-10 frewshman center Kevin Love (17.6-10.7). Love's been great in the tourney so far, averaging 21.8 PPG and 11.0 RPG. UCLA frontcourt reserves Mata-Real and Aboya have done very little while Keefe exploded for 18 points and 12 rebounds vs Western Ky, but like the others, has been mostly quiet. Head coach Ben Howland's strength has been his adaptability. Two years ago, Memphis beat UCLA in a high-scoring November game at MSG, 88-80. Then in the Regional Final in March, UCLA beat Memphis, 50-45! Memphis has played great the last two games, but has benefited from terrible efforts by their opponents. The Tigers cannot expect UCLA to throw in a "stinker" nor for Calipari to out-coach Howland, as he so clearly did Rick Barnes of Texas. Could the third time be the charm for Howland? Maybe, but then again, that's getting ahead of ourselves. Saturday, UCLA will be the best team on the floor and I predict, the Tigers' poor free-throwing shooting (under the pressure of a tight game) WILL hurt them. It will close for a while but the Bruins will win by 10 points.

NCAA Tourney GOY
20* UCLA