High Roller...Sacramento Kings

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
INDIAN COWBOY

NBA:

3 units Kings +11

I will take a shot on the ML in this game for 1 unit, but waiting to see the line shoot up in the morning. Until then, the write-up for this game is as follows. Also waiting on the Bobcats vs. Celtics game as well so the card is not nearly finalized. Will not have any college plays on tap today likely although I am tempted to take the under in the UNC vs. Kansas game as Kansas is a more defensive team than people give them credit for. But, of course, a bet not made is better than a bet lost, so no thanks. After this game, will do the research on the MLB game. As per this game - this is a game that the Kings can win outright. They have won their last 3 ballgames, are coming on strong near the end of the season and who knows if this team was healthy, they could have done some big things at home, but they lost by 1point to the Nuggets on a buzzer beater in a game they could have won outright. This is a big revenge game, the Nuggs will likely win this game but the Kings are playing great basketball, they beat a Clippers team that had Elton Brand back and beat them by double-digits, they beat the Rockets outright at home, they pounded the Sonics on the road. I'll gladly take the Kings with the double-digit points here and take a shot on the ML for a unit once the line comes out. The Road team is 6-0-1 ATS in the last 7 ballgames and the Kings are 4-1 ATS as dogs of 11 points or greater.

1 unit KINGS ML

Bobcats +9.5

Early play due to potential Boston injuries last night.

CBB:

Kansas/UNC Under 160

I understand there is a lot of love here for the Tarheels and the over, but I will gladly take the under in this ballgame. Do people realize that the Jayhawks have given up 60 points or less in their last 3 ballgames in this tourney. They gave up 57, 57 and 56 points. Kansas is a dynamic defensive team and frankly I think they win outright, but I love the under more. Take UNC outside of their home court essentially in the state of North Carolina, I believe their scoring will be affected and this game will end up in the mid 140's as there is huge value in this under. I believe there is simply to much a public push on the over and I expect this game to get off to a slow start, get off to a faster start in the 2nd half, but not enough to go over as once again this game goes to the mid 140's and closes out below the posted total.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
MIKE ROSE

MLB
7:05p Mike Rose
Seattle Mariners r977
2 units SEA +102 (BATISTA) VS. BAL (LOEWEN)

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Dominic Brando Sports

NCAA Basketball Executive Report

NCAA Final 4 Special 150 Unit Executive Max Out: MEMPHIS TIGERS -1/-120 over UCLA Bruins

NCAA Final 4 Special 150 Unit Executive Max Out: KANSAS JAYHAWKS +4/-120 over North Carolina

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Paul Bovi

Vegas Insider/Panorama Sports

Denver Nuggets -13 at home over the Sacramento Kings

The Nuggets are playing for their playoff lives while the Kings are playing out the string. Kevin Martin, Ron Artest and Brad Miller are questionable, and I get the idea that they would rather suit up for tomorrows game against the Lakers. Look for the Nuggets to rout the Kings here as they try to stave off the Warriors for the 8th seed.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Vegas Runner added

CBB Total
triple-dime bet816 North Carolina / 815 Kansas Over 159.0
Analysis:
*** 3* BEST BET of the DAY ***

First off, I want to let you know that the most difficult part of today's decision making process wasn't the plays, because we had worked on them all week and were only waiting for some final Confirmations that we had expected would go as planned...but the problem has been for the past 30min...how to best divide the Units up so that not only are we in the best position to Profit, but that when we do...we are able to extract the most for our efforts...and although I know that many of you would have liked to see a side wager as the 3*...when you check out the Teaser Plays also, you will understand why we broke it down like we have and realize that through theTeasers, we are able to actually get down more Units on those plays....so lets get to it....

Well I already explained countless times how we come to our conclusion with Totals and I actually did so with the early one I believe...so here I will hust skip the bulls**t and get to the Bottom Line...

This game is going to go Over the Total because of the amount of Possessions that both teams are going to have in this game...and if they can even just be near par for the year in terms of FG%, we shouldn't have too much problems getting there...and that is coming from a bettor who always tries to find reasons to back an Under....

The truth is, if this were a regular season game, the number would have been sent out around 164-165 and by the time the Sharps got finished sending out Buy-Orders on the Over immediately, as well as the public getting in line to do the same...we would be looking at something about 10 points higher than what we are getting tonight....and I can verify that because my own numbers brought this one out at 163 and again, I am more of an Under bettor so I tend to lean that way...LVSC had their oddsmakers all over the place for this one and I heard that the number 164 is what was floating around...but of course they need to take public perception into accout because as I've said...they are not trying to come out with a perfect number based on their ratings, but instead, a number that will protect their clients the books from both the betting public, as well as Professional Bettors like myself....

And on a weekend like this, believe me because I have been in the middle of this kind of game..and their main concern is the betting public before the sharps...

I expect both teams to really play loose, especially Kansas who got that pressure off them with the win over Davidson....and what is even more important, is the fact that these 2 teams both like to run, and unlike so many of the games where we had a contrast of styles, in this one, we will see both trying to out-do the other...

The reason the number is so low is because the game is so meaningful and therefore we will see much more 1/2 court plays being set up than if it was during the season...but with that said....I see no reason at all that this one will not fly over...

Finally, not surprising, it appears that the general public has gone the way the oddsmakers had envisioned and are definately leaning towards the Under, while the Sharps went Over 158 as soon as it went up...and I am not seeing any buy-back anywhere...

Lets go ahead and play this one OVER the Total as our 3* BEST BET and look to Improve on our "13-4" BIG BET Record for the Tournament.

CBB Sides
triple-dime bet815 Kansas 4.0 (-110) Bodog vs 816 North Carolina

***** 5* NCAA FINAL FOUR GAME of the YEAR *****

Well you gotta love Bodog when you are looking to back the Dog...and that is exactly what we have decided to do with this Match-Up and if you have received all of the Plays for this Final Four, you will see how we stated that choosing the Unit amounts was tougher than the plays...so lets get right to it because we have some more BOMBS to DROP with BOTH SIDES and TOTALS Tonight as well as the TEASER PLAY of the DAY...
This one will live up to the hype and thats because both these teams can play and they are willing to put on an exciting brand of basketball...but the difference in this one is the POINT-SPREAD...and lets be honest, North Carolina has no business at all being a 4pt Fav, or even a 2/3 Pt fav, and regardless of the outcome...it will not change that fact...when this Tournament first began Kansas would have been a Pick'em at the most and because of the public's love for UNC, we possibly would have seen -1....but like I have said countless times...these lines are not based on facts and stats...they are based on public perception when it comes to such a marquee game like this...
And the public has seen North Carolina blow away the competion like they were playing high-school teams and I know because we were on them...and that is the only thing the public remembers...as well as Davidson taking a last shot to actually be in this game rather than the Jayhawks...and that is the only reason we are seeing this many points for Kansas....
The Bottom Line here is that when you talk about big games like this one...DEFENSE WINS !!!...we saw it already 2 times in the past 48hrs with both OHIO ST and TULSA...and more importantly..we also saw the team who is able to play at a much slower Tempo win Both of those games...and this evening, we all know which of these teams is both the better defensive team, as well as the slower paced team....and where we will see Kansas run is when N Carolina crashes them offensive boards but doesn't come away with the rebound...and then its transition baskets the other way, all evening long....
Lets face it, for Kansas although this is the most important game they will have ever played as a unit...last week's win over Davidson is a very close 2nd....and that pressure that they had on them was so evident, and the reason we took the Points with Davidson and Cashed last weekend...
Like I say, we have all seen these teams play a lot this late in the season and we also have watched them in the Tournament, so I'm not going to waste your time talking about stats like FG% and 3pt shooting because thats available to us everywhere...but I prefer to touch on the factors that really matter when wagering on sports, and besides the 2 teams playing...the main objective is to BEAT the NUMBER..and that is what we need to always keep in mind...
And as I explained, the Bottom Line is that this one is just TOO HIGH to leave alone and I will go a step further and tell you that I really think that we will be seeing Kansas in the National Championship come Monday because they have all the components to get there...They will have the size advantage, defensive advantage, maturity advantage, and even offensively I make it a pick'em...and now we get to take them with 4Points because the betting public watched Carolina take care of business the way that they did...
Well, I'm all over it...so lets take the generous spot although we shouldn't be needing it...and we have been able to go "30-14" in this Tournament...and the ride isn't over yer...as we intend on CASHING this 5* FINAL FOUR GAME of the YEAR...make sure to check out the other selections because as I stated, out biggest problem was deciding on the Units because we feel they are all very strong plays that offer a huge edge for such big games.

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Betting Prophets

NCAAB
Memphis U

NHL
Montreal Canadiens
Tampa Bay Lightning/Atlanta Thrashers OVER 5

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007

Larry Ness

MLB

LA Dodgers v/s San Diego 4/5/2008 3:55:00 pm Predicted Winner: San Diego
Jake Peavy was last year's NL Cy Young winner and didn't wait long in reminding everyone just why. He threw seven shutout innings (allowed just three hits) in the Padres' 4-0 season-opening victory over

Houston on Monday in San Diego. So what else is new? Peavy is now 5-0 with a 0.73 ERA in his last seven starts at Petco Park. While Peavy won the Cy Young last year, LA's Brad Penny was actually a bigger "moneymaker" in '07 than his mound opponent on Saturday. Penny went 16-4 with a 3.03 ERA for LA in '07, while Peavy was 19-6 with a 2.54 ERA for SD. However, in the "all-important" moneyline department, LA was 23-10 (plus-$1,042) in Penny's 33 starts, while SD went 23-11 in Peavy's starts, winning just $253. That being said, I'm "all over" Peavy and the Padres in this one! Peavy is 9-1 with a 2.30 ERA in 18 career starts against the Dodgers. Although the Padres are "just" 12-6 in those 18 starts, I'll note that last year Peavy faced LA five times, posting a 2.08 ERA and going 3-0 (Padres won all five of his starts!) Speaking of perfection, Petco Park is known as a "pitchers park" and when facing the hated-Dodgers there, Peavy has lived up to the stadium's moniker. Peavy is 4-0 with a 1.22 ERA in six career starts at Petco vs the Dodgers, with the Padres winning all six games! Meanwhile, Penny has been just dreadful vs the Padres, even before coming to the Dodgers. Penny has made 14 career starts against them, going 3-6 with a 5.61 ERA, as his teams have gone 5-9. In three career starts in Petco, he's got a 6.16 ERA. Last night it was LA's new Japanese hurler, Hiroki Kuroda, getting all the headlines with his seven-inning, three-hit, one-run performance in LA's 7-1 win. This afternoon, look for Peavy to grab the headlines as he continues his dominance over the Dodgers, while Penny's "Padre woes" continue.

TV Game of the Week 1
5* San Deigo Padres

Arizona v/s Colorado 4/5/2008 8:05:00 pm Predicted Winner: Colorado
Jeff Francis (17-9, 4.22 ERA) was Colorado's ace last year but was bailed out by the weather on Monday in St Louis. A downpour stopped that game with one out in the third inning, with the Rockies trailing 5-1. Francis was hardly "on his game." Meanwhile, Brandon Webb opened Arizona's season at Cincinnati that same day, giving up just two runs and three hits over six innings to win begin '08 with a win. Arizona shut down Colorado in its home opener last night, as the Rockies managed only two hits in an 8-1 loss. These teams met in the NLCS last year, with Colorado sweeping Arizona, 4-0. Last night's win evened the D'backs record at 2-2 this year, while the Rockies fell to 1-3. The Rockies finished fifth in both team BA (.280) and runs scored (860) last year but they find themselves 30 of 30 teams in BA after four games this year (.185), while scoring a ML-low six runs! However, the D'backs haven't hit much better (.205) this year. I'll also point out that Arizona batted an NL-low .250 last season, scoring 148 fewer runs than the Rockies. Arizona did hit lefties well last year, going 28-17 (plus-$1,195) but the Rockies 'killed' righties in '07, going 70-49 (plus-3,070). At Coors, they were 39-19 (plus-$1.735) vs right-handers, averaging 6.0 RPG. Now let's get to the pitching matchup and why we are getting such a bargain of a price with Francis. Webb (18-10, 3.01 ERA) had one more win and an ERA a full run lower than Francis. However, in regular season starts, Arizona went 22-10 in Webb's starts, while Colorado matched that mark exactly, In Francis' starts. However, while Webb's starts produced a profit of just $460, the Rockies were plus-$1,094 in Francis' starts. Including the postseason, Colorado went 12-6 at home in games started by Francis. The Rockies are 23-10 the last two years in his home starts and 32-16 in his home starts over the last three seasons (see a pattern there?). Now Webb is 48-30 (3.21) the last three seasons for Arizona but the D'backs are a more modest 57-45 in all of his starts, including just 28-24 on the road. These pitchers last met in LY's NLCS, with Francis out-pitching Webb at Arizona in Game 1 of that series (a 5-1 Colorado win). All told, Webb made seven starts against Colorado last year (including the postseason), going 1-4 with a 5.80 ERA. He's 8-7 with a 3.89 ERA in 21 regular season starts vs the Rockies, with the D'backs going 11-10 (11-11 including the playoff loss). Francis on the other hand, is 7-2 with a 3.54 ERA in 14 regular season starts vs the D'backs and the Rockies are 10-5 in his lifetime starts against Arizona, including that NLDS win last season. Webb's an excellent pitcher but getting Francis at home with this price combined with Colorado's great home record against righties (including an excellent history against Webb), is a bargain. The Colorado bats will not stay 'silent' for long. How about a breakout game, tonight?

Oddsmaker's Error
Colorado Rockies

Pittsburgh v/s Florida 4/5/2008 7:10:00 pm Predicted Winner: Over
I'll make this short and sweet! The Marlins were MLB's biggest 'over' team in 2007, going 90-62 to the over (59.2 percent) for the entire season. Pittsburgh wasn't all that far behind, going 83-70 to the over. A lot had to do with the two teams' poor pitching, as Florida ranked 28th (of 30) in team ERA at 4.96 and Pittsburgh ranked 26th (4.94). Well, a quick check of the '08 stat-sheet shows Florida with a team ERA of 6.57 (30th) and Pittsburgh at 6.39 (29th). Surprise, surprise, surprise! Paul Maholm will make his '08 debut for the Pirates, after being scratched from his scheduled start on Thursday, due to back stiffness. Maholm made just six starts for the Pirates in '05 but over the last two seasons has made 59 starts. He's 18-25 with a 4.89 ERA. He was terrible on the road in '07, posting a 6.14 ERA while allowing opponents to hit .328 in 14 starts (Pirates were 5-9). Should that surprise us? Not at all. In '06, he made 15 road starts witha 6.25 ERA (Pirates were 5-10). By the way, if Maholm's back starts acting up, Pittsburgh will have to go to its bullpen early, one which has produced an 8.80 ERA through four games. Florida counters with 6-foot-9 left-hander, Mark Hendrickson. Now for some reason (you tell me?), Hendrickson was signed to a one-year, $1.5 million free-agent contract over the winter. This is his seventh season and after getting tagged for six ERs against the Mets on Monday (in his Florida debut), his career ERA (this is his seventh season with his fourth team) stands at 5.05. That's in 180 appearances (136 starts), having allowed 992 hits in 849 innings! Now you tell me why anyone would play this game under?

Spectacular Saturday Total
Pittsburgh/Florida Over

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007

T Wright

5* Memphis

Dolphin

3* UCLA
3* NORTH CAROLINA