Game Of Thrones - HBO

Woodson

L I V I N
Forum Member
Oct 23, 1999
Blockchain
I'm hoping for an open ended Tiger Woods stop midswing....

No way in hell that went down like that...

:confused:

Woodson

L I V I N
Forum Member
Oct 23, 1999
Blockchain
I mean how many of us have an investment in Stark. I mean, we've had to endure his plight from the beginning. To have the main character meet their demise in season one is a great turn of the the plot but it leaves me feeling a little tired.

Frankly hes the only character besides the hot Dragon Girl that I even care about...

Dont even get me started on his young son whos with the night watchman...

And how slow are they pulling in the zombies? Only a couple mentions thus far but have a feeling it plays a bigger role later.

That being said, cant wait for next week...

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Arya Stark (real name = Maisie Williams) is my fave character. How can ya not root for her. And as stated earlier this is her first ever tv/movie role, crazy how good an actress she is with zero experience:scared

I hope some how, some way we can see her kill this twirp:

Joffrey-Baratheon-game-of-thrones.jpg

Note: Joffrey Baratheon (real name = Jack Gleeson) character is one ya love to hate. Gleeson does a great job playing the "little wimp".

ImFeklhr

Raconteur
Forum Member
Oct 3, 2005
San Francisco
Arya Stark (real name = Maisie Williams) is my fave character. How can ya not root for her. And as stated earlier this is her first ever tv/movie role, crazy how good an actress she is with zero experience:scared

I hope some how, some way we can see her kill this twirp:

Joffrey-Baratheon-game-of-thrones.jpg

Note: Joffrey Baratheon (real name = Jack Gleeson) character is one ya love to hate. Gleeson does a great job playing the "little wimp".

When I read the books I was sorta picturing the blond evil kid from the Harry Potter movies. :wall:

PocketAces

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 30, 2003
WI
When I read the books I was sorta picturing the blond evil kid from the Harry Potter movies. :wall:

I was wondering about the books. It looks like there are a few. But is only the first called Game of Thrones? Is the series just based on the first book?

They can't change the name of the show when they go from book to book can they?

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
I have not read the book......so do not ruin it for me (and others)

Any madjacker that spoils it for me (and others) will be hunted down and decapitated.

:nono:

Yes a tad drastic....but deserved.

PocketAces

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 30, 2003
WI
I don't want them spoiled either. I just don't know what to buy yet.

How could an entire tv series be based on one book of a series?

Someone should be able to answer that without spoil anything.

:popcorn2

ImFeklhr

Raconteur
Forum Member
Oct 3, 2005
San Francisco
I was wondering about the books. It looks like there are a few. But is only the first called Game of Thrones? Is the series just based on the first book?

They can't change the name of the show when they go from book to book can they?

So far there have been 4 books. Starting in 1991, with book 5 due out this July.

The whole book series is called Song of Ice and Fire.

Book 1 was the only one called Game of Thrones, but I think they decided it was catchier to just call the whole HBO series that.

Book 2 is called Clash of Kings. That is what Season 2 will be based on.

and so on, assuming the show isn't canceled anytime soon.

The books are big, and they haven't left much out in the shows(thank god). That's how they managed to turn one book into 10 hours of programming.

The biggest difference between the book and the show is that each chapter in the book followed one character's point of view, and you only saw things through their eyes.

There were like 8 or 10 characters who they switched back and forth between. One chapter would be Sansa, then Ned, then Tyrion and so forth. Some characters don't ever have point of view chapters, so you never hear what they are thinking.
In the show they had to fill in some of the narrative and back story by showing scenes that never took place in the book. Like the scene where Jamie Lannister (Kingslayer) talks to his father in a tent as Tywin butchers a deer never happened in the book. But it served the purpose as setting up who the dad was, and what his temperament was, whereas in the book this was only addressed in a narrative of Tyrion's (The Imp) thoughts in one of his own chapters.

I won't give away anything that happens, partially because I don't remember everything and partially cause I'm not an ass. :0008

Reactions: PocketAces

comfortable1

Useful
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2009
Just got caught up on episodes! Had to watch 3 the last couple days... been avoiding this thread like the plague until now. Last show of the season is next week!?!? Fuuuuck...

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Episode 10: "Fire and Blood"

Well Well Well...........it looks like those eggs Daenerys has been carrying around finally paid off........

Do not fuck with Daenerys:com:

241068_daenerys_heart_eat.jpg

Sucks that Ned lost his head......:cry:

lawtchan

Eat my pickle
Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
Bartlett, TN
Great ending..

season 2...Spring 2012....:scared :scared :scared :scared

ALOT of sub-plots left open......

can't wait...

ferdville

Forum Member
Dec 24, 1999
So Cal
That was some finish. I was about to flip when she waded in to the fire. I wouldn't normally ever watch a show like this but it caught my attention and like others had to catch up. Now I'm hooked.

Bet on MyBookie