Hippo-Kramer Contest WEEK 2 (Pure Disdain)

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
You people keep giving Romeo a hard time for that FG - but all his D had to do was STOP Pit on the next crucial 3rd down and they would have been in decent shape to win. There was nearly 4 minutes left and it was 4th and 7. It wasn't a bad decision.

Oh please. It was a joke of a decision. Then the other coach refuses to kick the fgoal at the other end because this would have covered or tied the spread and the books would have lost a ton. Why do all these decisions on these super big bet games always help the bookies?:shrug:

Agent 0659

:mj07:
Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
i said it here last week and two weeks ago at the other joint. Stop being a hater. I'll go get the quotes.

Kinda like that guy who was 412-3 but his plays were posted "at other sites"

:mj07: :mj07: :mj07:

Who was that guy? I forget. Oh yea, UT Longhorn. He posted his plays at a car forum.:142smilie :142smilie :142smilie

ppabart

Not banned
Forum Member
Dec 13, 2000
Decatur, GA USA
none
Oh please. It was a joke of a decision. Then the other coach refuses to kick the fgoal at the other end because this would have covered or tied the spread and the books would have lost a ton. Why do all these decisions on these super big bet games always help the bookies?:shrug:

Why not just bet the other side every time and clean up then? :shrug:

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
Kinda like that guy who was 412-3 but his plays were posted "at other sites"

:mj07: :mj07: :mj07:

Who was that guy? I forget. Oh yea, UT Longhorn. He posted his plays at a car forum.:142smilie :142smilie :142smilie

You even read the post last week :mj07: Here it is

That crook now plays for Miami. Gbay will shine this year. Even made sure i got A Rodgers on my brothers fantasy league team.[/B u should see the prediction i made about the Yanks not making the Playoffs but Torre would get the dodgers in. People again said im nuts and its working like clock work. A guy even said that it was a stunning prediction by me and i deserve credit for predicting it. here we got a bunch of blockheads who couldn't see a scam if the scammer told them they were scamming. By the way here are my latest predictions and after week one they look solid. I said Cleveland would have a bad year and that shithole Denver will be the surprise of the league.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.

No, Tomlin didn't kick a FG because that would have given Cle 2 chances to win - either on a blocked FG or the kick return if good. Running on 4th gave them a chance to get the first and kill the game there or at worst leave Cle with nothing more than a terrible hail mary longshot. This was also a decent decision.

I'm sorry, but this conspiracy does not hold up in my book.

....and wasn't a gimme FG anyway. 40+ yards in that weather isn't so easy.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
We wait with baited breath:0corn

this was posted on 7/29/08 when the Yanks were red hot and Dodgers were struggling in second place. IM gonna bump it up since you don't believe me

Here comes the big slump to knock them right out of the playoffs. It is already in the script that the Dodgers get in and the Yankees don't and then we can hear about what a terrific manager Joe Torre is. Fade the Yanks the next eight games. I see an 0-10 coming up.

I think the yanks went 2-8 in that stretch. :mj07:

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
this was posted on 7/29/08 when the Yanks were red hot and Dodgers were struggling in second place. IM gonna bump it up since you don't believe me

Here comes the big slump to knock them right out of the playoffs. It is already in the script that the Dodgers get in and the Yankees don't and then we can hear about what a terrific manager Joe Torre is. Fade the Yanks the next eight games. I see an 0-10 coming up.

I think the yanks went 2-8 in that stretch. :mj07:

:director: NO BASEBALL TALK IN THE HK!

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
No, Tomlin didn't kick a FG because that would have given Cle 2 chances to win - either on a blocked FG or the kick return if good. Running on 4th gave them a chance to get the first and kill the game there or at worst leave Cle with nothing more than a terrible hail mary longshot. This was also a decent decision.

I'm sorry, but this conspiracy does not hold up in my book.

....and wasn't a gimme FG anyway. 40+ yards in that weather isn't so easy.

Your explanation is basically like the other side saying lipstick on a pig was Barack meaning Palin was a big :mj07: Smurph i don't want to talk about this with you because you have to much on your plate and seem to be a little stressed out with this contest.

ppabart

Not banned
Forum Member
Dec 13, 2000
Decatur, GA USA
none
Bucs_Animated.gif

I know what this page needs...........a little bit of this!!!

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
Smurph here is another prediction i made. do you remember when i said that in week ten im gonna make a prediction to you and i bet it is true? Well that one i was wrong. The prediction was that by week ten you were gonna wish you were not keeping score in this contest. I can already see you crumbling :mj07: This prediction was only made by me cause i ran a contest once and after about week 5 i was wondering what i got involved in.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Smurph here is another prediction i made. do you remember when i said that in week ten im gonna make a prediction to you and i bet it is true? Well that one i was wrong. The prediction was that by week ten you were gonna wish you were not keeping score in this contest. I can already see you crumbling :mj07: This prediction was only made by me cause i ran a contest once and after about week 5 i was wondering what i got involved in.

Well it's pretty easy to predict something that I already said was the case. HOWEVER, I never crumble. NEVER. Scores are easy - especially yours - it's 0.:)

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
Okay like the last hippo kramer thread in week one, i am gonna leave. I find it refeshing to move forward and not come back to read post to try to hurt my feeling :mj07: Here is a new prediction!!!! Next week Steven Smith the best player on Carolina comes back. Now Carolina won their first two games without Mr. Smith. Watch how all the sudden they forget how to play and Jake the crook Delone falls apart and Minny wins. This one is tough because like last week i have to deal with this terrible Quarterback on Minny. Remember this fellas. Carolina shits the bed after finally getting their best player back.

Bet on MyBookie