My first novel

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ga_ben

Snarky
Forum Member
Oct 12, 2006
Acworth, GA
Beginning in June of 2012, at the urging of my wife, I decided to check something off the old bucket list. It took nine months and I completed it at the end of February. Break It, my first novel. I don't know if it's worth a crap or not, but I enjoyed doing it so much that I have another one coming out at the end of May.

I have to do something, as I have no marketable skills. :SIB If anyone is interested in checking it out, it's only 99 cents through tomorrow on Amazon. If you do buy it and read it, I'd appreciate any and all criticism. Good/Bad/Ugly. Really! I need to know if it sucks or not and if I should continue to work at this. I mean, it's not at the level of the highly talented Nick Brown, but it's an honest work.

Thanks, and thanks to Jack for the go ahead to post this. Oh yeah and thanks to Amazon for the interesting ASIN----> B00BMIXDX0

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BMIXDX0

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
Congrats. Will buy it, but will go into my reading queue just behind Joker's masterpiece. My wife will read it, and quickly at that. I'll let you know what she thinks.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ga_ben

Snarky
Forum Member
Oct 12, 2006
Acworth, GA
Thanks Cie and Redsfann. Redsfann, if you don't like it I'll send you a refund. I hate you're spending $9.50 on it.

Last edited:

Wineguy

Forum Member
Feb 7, 2000
Atlanta, GA
Buying it on the kindle tonight, just read the intro on Amazon, will definitely let you know

Congratulations!

:toast:

redsfann

ale connoisseur
Forum Member
Aug 3, 1999
Somewhere in Corn Country
Thanks Cie and Redsfann. Redsfann, if you don't like it I'll send you a refund. I hate your spending $9.50 on it.

no you won't. You worked hard on the book, you deserve any royalties you earn.
Besides, it let me pay for it with Discover cash back money so I'm really not out anything....:0008

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the addict

BI-WINNING
Forum Member
Oct 9, 2009
PA proud
couple of the reviews for anyone who wasn't going to check it out.

very impressive stuff sir.

good luck with the next one!

just finished Break It and LOVED it. Plot is very interesting and the author keeps it moving. Main characters are real people that you really want to root for. The book is written from a unique perspective with some surprise humorous passages that actually made me laugh out loud. I've known people exactly like these- oh wait -I still know characters like these. I would definately read another of Mr. Muse's books and I will keep him on my watch list. Don't hesitate -download this book and then make sure you come back and give the author a well deserved high five!

I could not put this book down once I started it. I was hooked on the author's ability to pull you into the story and connect you to the characters. I also loved the way Ben Muse, a male author gave women power, which he did on more then one occasion. The most important women empowerment was giving Amanda the power to walk away and free herself from abusive husband. This very well written story line walked you through the changes in the lives of Caleb and Amanda. Two different types of people from two different walks of life meeting by chance and forming life long bonds. I can not wait to start reading the next book by Ben Muse!!

Finally, a story with a plot and dialog! On of the best reads I have encountered in several years ! I highly recommend it.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Beginning in June of 2012, at the urging of my wife, I decided to check something off the old bucket list. It took nine months and I completed it at the end of February. Break It, my first novel. I don't know if it's worth a crap or not, but I enjoyed doing it so much that I have another one coming out at the end of May.

I have to do something, as I have no marketable skills. :SIB If anyone is interested in checking it out, it's only 99 cents through tomorrow on Amazon. If you do buy it and read it, I'd appreciate any and all criticism. Good/Bad/Ugly. Really! I need to know if it sucks or not and if I should continue to work at this. I mean, it's not at the level of the highly talented Nick Brown, but it's an honest work.

Thanks, and thanks to Jack for the go ahead to post this. Oh yeah and thanks to Amazon for the interesting ASIN----> B00BMIXDX0

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BMIXDX0

Congrats! :toast:

Trying to keep up with your wife? :popcorn2

Doesn't she have a few out there?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Happy Hippo

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 2, 2006
Buying now - will read after I finish up the two books that I am in the middle of now. Read 60+ books a year, and I give honest opinions, if that is really what you want.

A great achievement nonetheless - very cool!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ga_ben

Snarky
Forum Member
Oct 12, 2006
Acworth, GA
Buying now - will read after I finish up the two books that I am in the middle of now. Read 60+ books a year, and I give honest opinions, if that is really what you want.

A great achievement nonetheless - very cool!

Jess, I'm totally serious. I need to know what is and isn't working. It may not be fun to hear, but I would certainly appreciate it. And congrats to you on the well-written Huffington Post guest article on the Knicks-Pacers series.

Last edited:

Happy Hippo

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 2, 2006
Jess, I'm totally serious. I need to know what is and isn't working. It may not be fun to her, but I would certainly appreciate it. And congrats to you on the well-written Huffington Post guest article on the Knicks-Pacers series.

OK - will do for sure. Thanks... although I didn't know it was going to go up there at first, and should have done a better proofreading job, but I am hoping it is something I may be able to pursue in the future.

Cheers

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
Very cool, bought it immediately today when I saw your FB post. I will give you honest feedback when I finish it. Like Hippo, I probably read about 60+ books a year. Hopefully, one day I may be brave enough to try my hand at it.

:toast: :toast: :toast:

kneifl