Obama 2012

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
John King, CNN: "You make your case there passionately for President Obama. But also understand that this is a tough reelection climate for any president, Democrat or Republican in this economy. Because of your history with Speaker Gingrich, what goes through your mind when you think of the possibility, which is more real today than it was a week or a month ago, that he would be the Republican nominee and that you could come back here next January or next February with a President Gingrich?"

Rep. Nancy Pelosi: "Let me just say this. That will never happen."

King: "Why?"

Pelosi: "He's not going to be President of the United States. That's not going to happen. Let me just make my prediction and stand by it, it isn't going to happen."

King: "Why are you so sure?"

Pelosi: "There is something I know. The Republicans, if they choose to nominate him that's their prerogative. I don't even think that's going to happen."

the GOP establishment wants Mittster

these things are decided long before any elections

lets be real

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
I gave the same as I always do to charity each year :0074

Last edited:

BuckwheatJWN

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2009
///////////////////////////////////////////////

B wheat

so you dont have 350 million dollars then ?

NOPE, nor do I monetarily have anything in common with past President or much else. My dentist probably never had an abscessed tooth. Makes no difference to me. Just fix mine. :0008

THUNDER

Forum Member
Nov 1, 2000
Here is the scoop - a business owner who does 10 mil to 40 mil biz a year - gets ram rodded - we hire between 30-40 % of the good paying jobs and skilled jobs- we are the grease in the cog- this guy talks about the future. Or programs that have nothing to do with know- Large corps are hiring now for low wages. I did very well last yea. But The why would I hire or anyone else. I get no breaks and punished for making money. I dont spend money (co wise) -which you need to do to grow- ITS CALLED RISK -nobody is doing it. IT would be like a .5% play. No confidence. REP OR DEM- WOULD YOU GIVE THIS GUY YOUR MONEY AND SAY GIVE ME A RETURN- MY ANSWR IS HELL NO

Skulnik

Truth Teller
Forum Member
Mar 30, 2007
Jefferson City, Missouri
Here is the scoop - a business owner who does 10 mil to 40 mil biz a year - gets ram rodded - we hire between 30-40 % of the good paying jobs and skilled jobs- we are the grease in the cog- this guy talks about the future. Or programs that have nothing to do with know- Large corps are hiring now for low wages. I did very well last yea. But The why would I hire or anyone else. I get no breaks and punished for making money. I dont spend money (co wise) -which you need to do to grow- ITS CALLED RISK -nobody is doing it. IT would be like a .5% play. No confidence. REP OR DEM- WOULD YOU GIVE THIS GUY YOUR MONEY AND SAY GIVE ME A RETURN- MY ANSWR IS HELL NO

:0008

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
the thing about giving to charity is not so much out of compassion, integrity, character

its when you make millions you have to offset some of that money to play less tax.

I think its more of a accountant deal.

Ronnie - do yu give to charity every year ?

you should consider the neo con one . I think they need it .

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston

How much higher is the tax rate now than during the Clinton years when things were booming? Not saying that Clinton had anything to do with it I am just wondering what the tax rates were?

Reactions: The Sponge

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
the thing about giving to charity is not so much out of compassion, integrity, character

its when you make millions you have to offset some of that money to play less tax.

I think its more of a accountant deal.

Ronnie - do yu give to charity every year ?

you should consider the neo con one . I think they need it .

only reason to do it is getting out of paying taxes to the government :shrug:

BuckwheatJWN

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2009
ULTRA RICH GIVE TO CHARITIES INSTEAD OF TAXES SO THEY CAN DECIDE WHERE THEIR MONEY IS GOING AS OPPOSED TO THE GOVT. DON'T YOU WISH THERE WAS AN ITEMIZED LIST WHERE WE COULD DIRECT OUR MONEY? NOT SEND IT TO WASHINGTON FOR "THEM" TO DECIDE?

Last edited:

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
ULTRA RICH GIVE TO CHARITIES INSTEAD OF TAXES SO THEY CAN DECIDE WHERE THEIR MONEY IS GOING AS OPPOSED TO THE GOVT. DON'T YOU WISH THERE WAS AN ITEMIZED LIST WHERE WE COULD DIRECT OUR MONEY? NOT SEND IT TO WASHINGTON FOR "THEM" TO DECIDE?
Think about this....when they give to charity it lowers their taxes. Soooooooo to make up that money the middleclass gets smacked again.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006

Yes, i have said this for years. Im not gonna hold my breath waiting for it tho.

Reactions: StevieD

BuckwheatJWN

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2009
Think about this....when they give to charity it lowers their taxes. Soooooooo to make up that money the middleclass gets smacked again.

THAT IS ONE WAY TO THINK OF IT,BUT ANOTHER WAY IS FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO SPEND WHAT THEY HAVE MORE WISELY. HEY, IT'S ONE BIG CIRCLE. :shrug:

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Pressed at a Florida Univision forum, the former speaker rejected a comparison to Clinton?even though both were having affairs at the same time in the '90s. Lois Romano reports. Plus, Wayne Barrett on the lack of evidence that Gingrich ever testified about his affair.

You got hand it to the guy. He always tries to find a small patch of moral high ground on which to stand. No matter how tiny.

Newt Gingrich insisted Wednesday in Miami that there was nothing similar about his personal failings and those of Bill Clinton?even though both men were having extramarital affairs in the late '90s. And Gingrich, as speaker of the House, tried to impeach Clinton over his.

Pressed during a forum at Univision?the Spanish-speaking television network?about the hypocrisy involved when ?at same time he was doing the exact same thing,? Gingrich was indignant.

It wasn?t the same thing, Gingrich repeatedly insisted. ?I didn?t do the same thing,? he said. ?I didn?t lie under oath. I didn?t commit a felony.? He added that in his own divorce depositions, he told the truth?which Clinton did not when asked about Monica Lewinsky.

Undaunted, journalist Jorge Ramos kept the heat on, provoking Gingrich to testily say, "There?s some place here where there?s a mental synapse missing," since the questioner was still insisting they did the same thing.
finally a reporter with some balls

Moving along, Gingrich was then asked about ex-wife Marianne?s charge that he asked for an open marriage so he could continue his affair with now-current wife, Callista. This time, Gingrich did not snap at the questioner?as he had when CNN?s John King made the same inquiry during a debate last week. ?It?s not true,? he said crisply.

The GOP knows something scary is up. Drudgereport, which *rarely* gives any bad press whatsoever to Republican politicians, is awash with anti-Newt articles. There's no way this right-wing site would be doing this unless something's about to hit the fan and they're making sure they can stop him from getting the nomination and then having it all come out as an October surprise. T

:SIB :scared

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Newt has an amazing capacity to lie without flinching, a powerful political tool. I think you get better at this the more you ignore your conscience and crush your soul through decades of immoral action. Newt's capacity in this regard is truly at an elite level.

Uh, Lopez, in spite of the Christian comment and all your birther (and birther-related) crap taking the legs out from under what might have passed for credibility in your reply...there's also the fact that "Obamacare" has not really kicked in yet. I would mention what the CBO has said about its ultimate costs (it will reduce the deficit) but I suspect you'd diss them, too.

One lie after the next, "I loved Barry Goldwater, helped get him the nominee", NOPE Gnewt was the state chairman for the Nelson Rockefeller campaign and in an interview found at YouTube he states Barry Goldwater is a dangerous right winger, "I got together with Mr. Reagan very early helped him get elected and together WE defeated the USSR", NOPE, he said RR was a failure and the meeting with the Russian premier was a huge TREASON-like mistake", "I've been a conservative from the beginning fighting for conservative issues" NOPE YouTube interview, Gnewt says he's a moderate republican......on and on does he think we have memory trouble? "I can see how he could have an affair for years, covering up his double life, even asking his mistress to marry him, LONG BEFORE telling his real wife he wanted a divorce.....does your head spin? When he goes down in flames, he'll blame the "liberal bias of the media" never accepting the truth.:0008

Sadly, as a conservative, i have to say this man makes my skin crawl.. he has always lied.. then will deflect it and blame the other.. it's an implosion ready to happen.

Barry Goldwater? Newt is a name dropper who tries to elevate his importance. He's got real problems if you ask me.

Bob Dole said it best: "Why do people take such an instant dislike to me?" asked Gingrich, to whom Dole replied "Because it saves them time."

:142smilie :142smilie

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
mike012612.jpg

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Dole assails Gingrich in plea to conservatives

Bob Dole, a Mitt Romney supporter and former Republican presidential nominee, issued a scathing statement Thursday blasting Newt Gingrich for being a "one-man-band who rarely took advice."

In an open letter to conservatives distributed by Romney's campaign, Dole said he personally took steps to assist the former House speaker pay off a penalty levied by the House Ethics Committee.

"In 1997 a number of House members wanted to throw him out as Speaker," Dole wrote. "But he hung on until after the 1998 elections when the writing was on the wall. His mounting ethics problems caused him to resign in early 1999. I know whereof I speak as I helped establish a line of credit of $150,000 to help Newt pay off the fine for his ethics violations. In the end, he paid the fine with money from other sources.":scared

Gingrich has characterized the penalty from the ethics panel as reimbursement for their investigation, which centered on a college course he taught that was misclassified as tax-exempt.

Dole drew on his own experience with the former House speaker to paint the candidate as lethal for the Republican Party.

"If Gingrich is the nominee it will have an adverse impact on Republican candidates running for county, state, and federal offices," Dole said. "Hardly anyone who served with Newt in Congress has endorsed him and that fact speaks for itself. He was a one-man-band who rarely took advice. It was his way or the highway.":SIB

Dole, who served in the U.S. Senate when Gingrich was House speaker, harkened back to Gingrich's style during his time in Congress.

"Gingrich had a new idea every minute and most of them were off the wall," Dole said. "He loved picking a fight with Bill Clinton because he knew this would get the attention of the press. This and a myriad of other specifics helped to topple Gingrich in 1998.":nono:

Dole endorsed Romney in December, and made calls to allies in Iowa urging them to support Romney ahead of the state's first-in-the-nation caucuses. Dole won Iowa in 1996, but ultimately lost the general election to Bill Clinton.

In his letter, Dole placed a measure of blame on Gingrich for the loss.

"In my run for the presidency in 1996 the Democrats greeted me with a number of negative TV ads and in every one of them Newt was in the ad. He was very unpopular and I am not only certain that this did not help me, but that it also cost House seats that year."

Dole pointed to a particular eccentricity of Gingrich's, saying the former speaker's style was as puzzling as it was harmful.

"Newt would show up at the campaign headquarters with an empty ice-bucket in his hand-that was a symbol of some sort for him-and I never did know what he was doing or why he was doing it," Dole wrote
:142smilie :142smilie

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
A rising economy would swing votes

Fifty-two percent of likely voters of all parties said that an improvement in the economy between now and the election would make them very likely or somewhat likely to vote for Obama. This finding included 58 percent of independents and even 16 percent of likely Republican voters.
:0008 :00hour

Analyzing VP choices

The poll showed that choosing Marco Rubio as Romney?s running mate on the GOP ticket would make no difference in the general election and could even be a slight negative. Although Romney led Obama 47 percent to 42 percent, a Romney-Rubio ticket showed a 46 percent to 44 percent lead, within the statistical margin of error.

?On the Republican side, at least, the historical adage of people not voting for the VP on a presidential ticket rings true in this poll,? said Paleologos. ?However, the Democratic side is a much different story.?

The substitution of Hillary Clinton as vice presidential nominee would give Obama a dramatic boost in Florida, as the October of 2011 poll also indicated. An Obama-Clinton ticket in Florida would crush a Romney-Rubio ticket by 49 percent to 42 percent. Back in October, this combination favored the Democrats by 46 percent to 43 percent. Clinton also was the most popular figure polled in the current survey, with a 63 percent favorable and a 30 percent unfavorable rating.
:popcorn2

Bet on MyBookie