PAC-10 PUSSIES..PAC-10 SUCKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gecko

Senior Lurker
Forum Member
Dec 7, 2001
parts unknown
You know, you guys are something else. USC sends a resounding message throughout the college football world as to who's #1, and yet you take credit away from them by implying that they were "handed" those turnovers. Is the cup half empty or half full?

USC played with such intensity that they created those opportunities. If those turnovers hadn't occured, USC would've still won by at least 10 pts. Would your opinion be any different then?

Heck, if we all applied your faulty logic and reasoning to the Auburn/VTech game, then I'd be even LESS impressed with the Tigers' victory. Tech had a gimme touchdown pass dropped in the 1st half and missed a chip shot field goal early in the 4th quarter! Given that, do you realize that Tech could've been down only 7-9 at the break and would've tied up the game with the long TD with 2 min left in the game? Auburn has nothing to gripe about since they had their hands full with a competitive Hokies squad.

Last edited:

ferdville

Forum Member
Dec 24, 1999
So Cal
It is simply not possible to make excuses for Oklahoma after the ass whoopin they took last nite. If it was just a problem with turnovers, why didn't they have this problem in any other game this year? Why didn't Adrian Peterson gain his usual 150+ yards? Did he wear the wrong cleats? Did White throw his interceptions because his hand was sore or the ball was too slippery? Why was Leinhart able to throw 5 td's? Was the Oakie secondary blinded by lasers shot from the stands? And why do you think it is an excuse because Oklahoma just didn't come out to play? You didn't think that was an excuse when Cal was beaten up by Texas Tech? You didn't accept that excuse when UCLA got whacked by New Mexico. How about some consistency. Come on, admit it. Oklahoma was outclassed and outplayed by USC in every facet of the game. Obviously the same thing would not happen if they played again. But last nite, there is no doubt about who was the best team.

gecko

Senior Lurker
Forum Member
Dec 7, 2001
parts unknown
Hoops said:
Just disregard any comments Mr. Hockey makes towards USC. He literally went 0-15 last night (posted in another forum) as he picked Oklahoma in every which way imaginable....

OH NO....NOT AGAIN!!! :sadwave: :scared
Now that's a "nightmare".

Mr Hockey

Forum Member
Mar 17, 2003
ferdville said:
Come on, admit it. Oklahoma was outclassed and outplayed by USC in every facet of the game. Obviously the same thing would not happen if they played again. But last nite, there is no doubt about who was the best team.

Lets just take away the turnovers & play it on an even field, I disgaree with this statement.

Based on what I saw yesterday if they played 10 times, I don't see Oklahoma winning more then twice or three times.

USC played almost a flawless game last night but that can't always happen. Even with saying that, they looked & were much faster then Oklahoma was.

gecko

Senior Lurker
Forum Member
Dec 7, 2001
parts unknown
oldschoolcapper said:
i don't have to prove to you that auburn could beat usc, but by the same token you can NEVER prove to me that sc could beat auburn.

oldschoolcapper,

In another thread you gave due props to USC as being the #1 team this year. Yet now you are defending your team and saying that USC cannot beat Auburn in two different ways in the same sentence. Very creative, but it leaves me scratching my head. :rolleyes:

AU2001

under par
Forum Member
Dec 3, 2004
Birmingham AL
This sounds a lot like Tennessee when Auburn beat them so bad in Knoxville. They blamed it on the turnovers. Well, that's part of the game! Trying to discredit USC's blowout over OU because of turnovers is just pure ignorance. The bottom line is USC played the type of game Auburn needed to play, and Auburn played the type of game we needed USC to play to have any shot at a split title. Maybe Tommy will take a note from Pete Carroll's book, and realize that, like it or not, you have to score style points and blow teams out to make an impression.

I give props to USC, but I still feel the Pac-10 as a whole is a weaker conference. But on the same token, I don't think the SEC was as strong as a whole this year as it has been in the past.

oldschoolcapper

Forum Member
Jul 3, 2004
gecko,

if you like to quote people so much, find where i posted usc was the #1 team. that would be very creative if you could find it that is if you're finished scratching your head. lmao

pt1gard

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2002
seattle
my 2 cents, I came home after our HS game and watched FH on tape, replaying many plays ... what i saw was this: USC's defense seemed to have not only 15 players on the field but they had the stronger, faster, smarter ones ... USC's D showed up and were in prime health and took OU's bluster in hostage and made them quit like lil kids being bullied on the playground ... Imposing Ds in fball and hoops do just that, exactly how Deet stopped the lakers last year and the Ravens rolled to their SB win ... USC's defense was A+ last night ... making a contrary statement just wont be respected by people who know sports.

gl, gregg

gecko

Senior Lurker
Forum Member
Dec 7, 2001
parts unknown
oldschoolcapper said:
gecko,

if you like to quote people so much, find where i posted usc was the #1 team. that would be very creative if you could find it that is if you're finished scratching your head. lmao

I stand corrected and apologize for thinking you'd acknowledged USC as the #1 team. Your pride won't let you.

Actually, I was thinking of this post by CATSFAN, another Auburn die hard fan who happens to live in Lexington:

"USC is the best. But Auburn is head and shoulders better than this Oklahoma team, IMO. Is this what OU has???"

http://www.madjacksports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174201

AU2001, you show a lot of class and objectivity for your opinions. (Yes, the very same AU2001 who'd previously said the Pac-10 was a "creampuff" conference and criticized USC for playing only 2 ranked teams w/in their own conference.)

gecko

Senior Lurker
Forum Member
Dec 7, 2001
parts unknown
Mr Hockey said:
Congrats on earning a national title but I'm not crowning any team legitimate champions even if it was my Gators who won it all until we see a playoff system where everyone who earns a shot, has one to win it all.

Mr Hockey,

I gather your sentiments have evolved from the time you posted these after last year's BCS title game:

The Pac 10 is one of the conferences that make up the BCS & they like the other major conferences agreed that the national title would be decided by the winner of the Sugar Bowl (Oklahoma vs. LSU) in a matchup that will be determined by who is #1 & #2 in the BCS Standings. The standings were calculated & we had a matchup of 1 vs 2 & sorry but USC wasn't apart of it.

AND

LSU did really win the national championship & ended the season #1. All the schools within the major conferences agreed on the BCS & how it would determine who would play for the national title in the title game & the winner would be the official champion. I'm just stating what is fact.

http://www.madjacksports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130733&page=1&pp=30

You sounded pretty content with how the system worked out back then, kinks and all. Just because some USC fans griped about being left out the championship game didn't seem to matter much, if at all. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

tulah

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2003
So Cal
BoDog has offered the NCAA $50 million to play a game between USC vs Auburn

They are offering USC & AU $15million each in Sholarship funds
plus an additional $15million to the winner & $5million to the NCAA for licensing ETC

Doe's anyone think this offer will be enough to get this game together?

AU2001

under par
Forum Member
Dec 3, 2004
Birmingham AL
Gecko, I still said I think the Pac-10 is weak. Did I change my opinion? USC did play a weak schedule that consisted of only two ranked in-conference opponents!!!! I never changed my mind, and still haven't. USC is good, but the Pac-10 is still the 5th best conference at best! One team does not make a conference good!

But if you want to play court reporter, that's fine. I still think the Pac-10 sucks!! Sucks donkey nuts!!! Y'all haven't beaten Auburn or anyone else from the SEC.

You guys are hilarious. If you want to brag about USC, that's fine, that argument has merit. But every other team in that conference is pathetically weak!!!!!!

AU2001

under par
Forum Member
Dec 3, 2004
Birmingham AL
gecko said:
Now you need the right type of athletes to do that . Cali offers that.

Where was that comment when Texas Tech was killing them????

Oh, that's right you were waiting until after USC won to use them as a cover for the whole conference. Nice bandwagon rider. It's always nice to see you guys come from the woodworks after a big game. Funny I never saw you earlier?

Pujo21

Registered
Forum Member
May 14, 2002
Very gracious of BoDog..but they know this will never happen..

Besides, who are they kidding? Do we really need to see Auburn get crushed by USC ? The answer is a plain no.

And still after USC disposes of Auburn, someone else would then chime in " Oh.but what about Utah"..

AUBURN gets 2nd prize.

2nd prize is a set of steakknives..third prize is The BCS is Fired !

" Oh, does USC have your attention now? "

and would the BCS kindly stop forcing Oklahoma down our throats.......enuff is enuff :142lmao:
that's two years in a row, do they go for a turkey...you better believe they will..

and your going to hear the same crappola how Oklahoma is so impressive because they beat texas and baylor next year and that USC is overrated... :142lmao:

Mr Hockey

Forum Member
Mar 17, 2003
gecko said:
Mr Hockey,

I gather your sentiments have evolved from the time you posted these after last year's BCS title game:

The Pac 10 is one of the conferences that make up the BCS & they like the other major conferences agreed that the national title would be decided by the winner of the Sugar Bowl (Oklahoma vs. LSU) in a matchup that will be determined by who is #1 & #2 in the BCS Standings. The standings were calculated & we had a matchup of 1 vs 2 & sorry but USC wasn't apart of it.

AND

LSU did really win the national championship & ended the season #1. All the schools within the major conferences agreed on the BCS & how it would determine who would play for the national title in the title game & the winner would be the official champion. I'm just stating what is fact.

http://www.madjacksports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130733&page=1&pp=30

You sounded pretty content with how the system worked out back then, kinks and all. Just because some USC fans griped about being left out the championship game didn't seem to matter much, if at all. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks. :)

How bored are you?

Mr Hockey

Forum Member
Mar 17, 2003
The system sucked & I've always said that. I was clearly stating that the big bitches who were crying about how LSU didn't deserve its spot, etc should shut up since they agreed to the system like the rest of the conferences.

I guess you are desperate to prove some point by being selective of what text you quote. Feel free & knock yourself out since I'm not bored to even entertain this game.

Pujo21

Registered
Forum Member
May 14, 2002
2006 ROSE BOWL CHAMPIOSHIP GAME

some nice odds on some good looking teams--

TEXAS + 1000
OHIO STATE +1000
LSU + 1500
FLORIDA + 800
LOUISVILLE + 2000
USC + 285

and WHOPPING ODDS on AUBURN + 5000 and CALIFORNIA +6600

Mr Hockey

Forum Member
Mar 17, 2003
Florida is too low at +800

Louisville looks solid considering that they have Brohm as their QB nest year. Auburn loses some key players & I don't know if I trust Tubermoron for another run like this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet on MyBookie