Scott Peterson arrested.....

Pujo21

Registered
Forum Member
May 14, 2002
Some of you guys are hilarious. LOL

The plot thickens just like fudge !

This is a case for Dick Tracy not Tracys Dick !

:D

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
"At the vacant house in Modesto where Scott and Laci Peterson lived, a makeshift shrine of flowers, balloons, candles and cards continued to grow, as local residents spent their Easter Sunday paying their respects to the young woman whose death shocked this sleepy farm town in California.

Michelle McKinney hugged her daughter and wiped away tears as she watched her 12-year-old son add a blue and gold teddy bear.

?The baby didn?t get a chance to live his life and grow up,? said McKinney, 33. ?She didn?t get a chance to enjoy her baby.?

A wooden cross covered with aluminum foil on the Peterson lawn read: ?We prayed everyday that Laci and Baby Connor would come home. Now, Laci and Baby Connor are home with the Lord.?

The power of prayer cannot be denied.

There is a God.

There just has to be.

King of Dogs

Last edited:

marine

poker brat
Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Fort Worth, TX
Sounds like Ed Ventura has a lil chip on his shoulder about Scott.

Maybe Ed was constantly in the #2 slot on the golf team and couldn't ever beat ole Scotty for the Top Dog position.

Valuist

Forum Member
Aug 21, 2001
Mt. Prospect, IL
Its nice to hear something negative. Usually in these violent crimes you always hear how the accused was "a model citizen, great student, blah, blah, blah." A fellow teammate is much more credible, IMO, because all coaches care about is performance.

Arrogance was the first thought that came to my mind regarding Peterson. He apparently thinks he can get away with this and he's maintained his smug behavior for the past 4 months.

His parents should shut their mouths. They aren't helping him at all.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Valuist said:

Arrogance was the first thought that came to my mind regarding Peterson. He apparently thinks he can get away with this and he's maintained his smug behavior for the past 4 months.

His parents should shut their mouths. They aren't helping him at all.

Valuist

I agree with everything you said.

Now where would Scott Peterson get this type of arrogance ? maybe the parants in the raising of him passed it on. That's why they are acting like they are acting. Of course they are in shock also that there son has been arrested and charged with felony murder and he may stand before a death sentence. That would put anyone in shock.

King of Dogs

loophole

Forum Member
Jul 14, 1999
nc
at the risk of opening the floodgates of bashing from the scott peterson haters, this case has a lot of interesting angles from a legal perspective. among them:

*cause of death will most certainly be an issue. in order to prosecute for murder, it will be necessary to show that the woman died at the hand of another, and was not accidental or natural. that will probably be difficult with a corpse that's been in the ocean for several months. of course, that's assuming that forensics can put the corpse in the water since the approximate time of her disappearance; if not, the problem is compounded. a homicide cannot be presumed from the fact that laci peterson is dead, it must be proved by some evidence. finding something that indicated that her body was placed in the water by someone, i.e. chains, tarps, weights, cinderblocks, would be circumstantial evidence of another's involvement, hence the focus on looking for these things. of course, the prosecution may have other evidence that is not known by the media, but the fact there was no arrest until the body was found seems to indicate that is unlikely.

*the issue of special circumstances of double homicide warranting the death penalty is also problematic. the same issues set forth above apply to the death of the child. the other complicating factor is that the child must have been able to live on his own to be a homicide victim. i don't believe that an unborn feus can meet that test, even in california. i do not know whether killing a pregnant woman is enough to invike the death penalty in california.

*the authorities must have been very disappointed when peterson didn't try to run after the bodies were discovered, as evidence of flight is admissible in court to prove guilty knowledge. i would assume that is why they didn't arrest him immediately after id'ing the bodies, they wanted to keep him under surveillance to see if he would break and run. all the talk about having enough to arrest him before the bodies were found is merely bluster; hell, they couldn't even prove that the woman was dead before that. if they could and had the evidence to connect him to his wife's death, his ass would have surely been in custody. the so-called blood in the car obviously didn't match his wife. the life insurance policy was over 2 years old and taken out on both of them at the time they purchased their house, a fairly common practice.

*the golfing history explains why he spends so much time on the golf course, and also supports what i have heard informally, that the guy is a golf hustler. so far i'm convinced that the guy is narcissistic, self absorbed and insensitive. i'm still not convince he can be convicted of killing his wife. that may change if and when more facts come to light - we shall see. i for one am more interested in the outcome of the marine/scott-atlanta bet that i am on the outcome of the nba championship.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Loophole has some good points which is unusual for him.

If I may I would be willing to present the Prosecutions side of this .

It will take me some time to formulate my case against this killer....er I mean defendant.

King of Dogs

Hoops

Forum Member
Aug 10, 1999
I might have missed this on the news or heard wrong, but if he wasn't thinking of possibly skipping town why was he in San Diego with 10 grand?

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
loophole said:

*time of her disappearance; if not, the problem is compounded. a homicide cannot be presumed from the fact that laci peterson is dead, it must be proved by some evidence. finding something that indicated that her body was placed in the water by someone, i.e. chains, tarps, weights, cinderblocks, would be circumstantial evidence of another's involvement, hence the focus on looking for these things. of course, the prosecution may have other evidence that is not known by the media, but the fact there was no arrest until the body was found seems to indicate that is unlikely.

loopy

just a few inaccuracies on your part.

"Hours before the remains were identified Friday using DNA, Peterson, a fertilizer salesman, was arrested in San Diego County because police feared he might flee to Mexico. He was carrying nearly $10,000 in cash, his naturally brown hair was blond and he had grown a beard."

He was actually arrested before the bodys were identified.

They were to say that Scott would have a good reason why he dyed his hair and grew a goatee. Geezz didnt OJ have a fake mask and goatee and ten grand when he was running from the Law ? Oh yeh OJ was innocent I forgot.

If I was going to Mexico I think 10 grand would tide me over a for about six months.

King of Dogs

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
LOOPY

"CNN reported Tuesday that a source told them its reporters that investigators from Modesto, Calif., had found "specific tidal charts of the [San Francisco Bay] on Scott Peterson's computer" and that those officers returned to the bay repeatedly to search for Laci's body because of that evidence. Traces of concrete were discovered in Scott's boat, CNN also reported, and detectives believe that they might have come from some sort of concrete anchors.

Peterson was clean-shaven as he entered court Monday, his hands cuffed and ankles shackled.

Public defender Tim Bazar has been assigned to represent Peterson, who said he could not afford to hire a lawyer.

"The press wants instant truth," McAllister said. "The police want self-serving truth. Hopefully, there will be a process to get to the whole truth about what happened. The police had to make an arrest in this case or they would have looked like Mayberry RFD."

District Attorney James Brazelton said his office would probably decide by a May 19 hearing whether to seek the death penalty.

The case was continued until a May 6 bail hearing. Pretrial proceedings for it begin May 19.
Copyright 2003 by NBCSandiego.com. All rights reserved

Case closed slam dunk.......death row.......

I was wondering if you would be willing loophpole to wear one of the shirts like marine saying the King of Dogs was your Daddy ?
I would sure like to see that one.

So he pleads indigent and is represented by a public attorney. I guarantee you in the coming months he will end up with a top flight US criminal attorney. Some bigtime lawyer will want to be in this spotlight. No way a public attorney will get this case alone.
Peterson is too smart for that. Besides that he may save some money in the long run. I am sure that is what he is thinking.

King of Dogs

Pujo21

Registered
Forum Member
May 14, 2002
Scott may I askew a ?

Scott may I askew a ?

What is this crusade that you are on..LOL..i know there is a probability that you are right..he may be guilty...but in your eyes it's CASE CLOSED slam dunk..

So i guess there is not going to be a trial? Why bother ? You have him convicted!

Just like a million assholes did too Richard Jewel in that Atlanta Bombing.

I gotta give you credit for your personal quality of relentlessness !

Is this another TITFD ? Really is it ?

TITFD PLAY- SCOT PETERSON GUILTY

Please don't get angry at me ...i am aware that you may be correct in this matter !

But what if you are not:confused:

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Re: Scott may I askew a ?

Re: Scott may I askew a ?

Pujo21 said:
What is this crusade that you are on..LOL..i know there is a probability that you are right..he may be guilty...but in your eyes it's CASE CLOSED slam dunk..

So i guess there is not going to be a trial? Why bother ? You have him convicted!

Just like a million assholes did too Richard Jewel in that Atlanta Bombing.
I gotta give you credit for your personal quality of relentlessness !
Is this another TITFD ? Really is it ?
TITFD PLAY- SCOT PETERSON GUILTY

Please don't get angry at me ...i am aware that you may be correct in this matter !

But what if you are not:confused:

I am not angry at you Pujo. You have the right to your opinion.
But this guy really got to me early by his actions. Actions unlike any human being would follow in a case like this.

The only one you can ever think of that was not guilty is Richard Jewel. Think of another one. OJ ?

I am passionate about anything I believe in strongly. So shoot me.

If I am wrong and marine wins, then it looks like I will be posting a picture of me and a sign saying I am with stupid.

King of Dogs

Pujo21

Registered
Forum Member
May 14, 2002
Well Scott ..you just may be right ! I don't partucularly groove with this peterson dude also!

And no Richard jewel is not the only person !

I know people personally that got FUKKED OVER by over zealous actions.

The world is filled with smoke and mirrors. And yes then there is the good. Let's hope thats what wins out this time !

Iminforabuck

Forum Member
Jan 9, 2003
Canton, Ohio
Re: Re: Scott may I askew a ?

Re: Re: Scott may I askew a ?

Scott-Atlanta said:

If I am wrong and marine wins, then it looks like I will be posting a picture of me and a sign saying I am with stupid.

If youre wrong Scott nobody, including marine, wins......cause that means theres one sick twisted mutha fawka still runnin around. (or if he did it and is found innocent....HE'S still runnin around) I'm with ya on this one though.

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
just heard on the oreilly show that another pregnant woman, who was also decapitated, was found in the same area in 2002.i'm sure that the cops will look into any similarities to the peterson killing, otherwise they will be opened to major criticism.

btw, hoops what is with the alec baldwin picture?

Bet on MyBookie