Soccer 2018 January-May

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
WOW, that was weak - both from Bayern and that idiot red with the straight red to Buffon. What a clown. :facepalm:

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
yeah, pk was 75% ok but... situation like this. i don't know. that red was joke, i mean straight red for Buffon to whom it was first red card ever in CL and this was his last CL match... Anyway, Ronaldos pk was about as perfect as it can be and Zzhneemnxzz... that ex Arse goalie didn't have a chance.

thursday

Arsenal to win +140

:toast:

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
I do not like the penalty call in that situation. It is a soft foul at best. I am not a penalty is a penalty guy. In my opinion, situations can and should dictate how a game is called. This is why Buffon went nuts. You simply do not call a soft penalty in that situation, especially when you do not have the best view. You let the game play itself out. Referee's should not be deciding games, especially ones of this magnitude. I also have doubts that it would have been called if the game were the other way around. No coincidence that it was an English ref as I have been harping on how bad the Premier league officiating has been all year long.

Onward. Find it hard to believe Real will play Bayern in the semifinals since that is now the final they want so expect to see them on opposite sides of the "draw" tomorrow.

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
I do not like the penalty call in that situation. It is a soft foul at best. I am not a penalty is a penalty guy. In my opinion, situations can and should dictate how a game is called. This is why Buffon went nuts. You simply do not call a soft penalty in that situation, especially when you do not have the best view. You let the game play itself out. Referee's should not be deciding games, especially ones of this magnitude. I also have doubts that it would have been called if the game were the other way around. No coincidence that it was an English ref as I have been harping on how bad the Premier league officiating has been all year long.

Onward. Find it hard to believe Real will play Bayern in the semifinals since that is now the final they want so expect to see them on opposite sides of the "draw" tomorrow.

I completely 100% agree with everything you said. And there is ZERO chance Juve gets the pk with a call like that late in the game if the ball were on the other side of the field.

One German and one Austrian team both going today in Europa. Who do you like, Bason?
I don?t have any plays yet, but my leans are:
Atletico un 2.25 and 1 for the 1H
Salzburg/Lazio ov3
and a small, if not biased, lean to Marseille as I?d like to see them through, although I have little confidence in them.

Last edited:

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
I do not like anything that much today but I lean to:

Lazio+.5, I kind of liked the over but did not like the overnight line movement
Marseile, I see a 2-1 game here
Tough to bet the other two, if I had to bet them I would probably bet both draws and hope one hits.

jng

Packer Fan
Forum Member
Nov 15, 2000

Disagree, Bason. Like you, I play soccer (four times a week and love it--at an age where most are . . . golfing!) and even though it's mostly pick-up-call-your-own-fouls, we'd call that one. That kind of contact in the box affects the play too much to be ignored. Obviously, some teams will get that call more often than others.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
I get it JNG. Lots of people disagree with me on this one. I just don't like to see games decided this way. I feel the same about every sport.

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
CL

'pool - AS Roma
Bayern M?nchen - Real Madrid

i think it was better this way, two decently equal pairs vs two pairs with heavy favorite

Arse plays Atletico in EL

:toast:

Subcloser

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 24, 2015
Louisiana
519 Ipswich (ENG-Cham)/Nottingham Forest (ENG-Cham) Under 2? -121 (2*)
5832 Airdrie (SCO-1) pk -133
901 Cadiz (ESP-2)/Reus (ESP-2) Under 1? +114 (this may be the ugliest game in the world today)

Subcloser

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 24, 2015
Louisiana
2-1 this morning...got the shit end of the stick with the under in England...2 goals after the 90 minute mark oen of which was a pk!!!

2813 Millonarios (COL)/Leones (COL) Under 2 -103
420 New England (USA MLS) +111

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
serie-A sunday day game => U2? -106

Arsenal to win +125
O2? -135
1st half O1 -125 x big one
:0008
btw Arsenal has won only 3 away EPL matches this season G15 W3 D4 L8

AS Roma to win +187

AC Milan to win +335

is this the match where Napoli finally blows it ? i sure hope so :142smilie

Real Madrid -1? +100

good luck :0008

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
serie-A sunday day match is now for the season O15-U11 and U10-O3 since christmas break.

remind me next year :mj07:

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
3 EST: France Ligue 1

PSG vs Monaco........Both Teams to Score -155

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
6 EST: MLS

Atlanta United -105 vs NYFC

Season is young, but any of you that know me are aware I fade first place teams getting tremendous value and + goals on the GL. In this case NYFC is +.5 goal...

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
130 EST: La Liga

Sevilla pk - even @ Deportivo

Gone now is the distraction of CL for Sevilla, which IMO was a factor in their dipping La Liga form over the last weeks. I'm banking on them having their heads on tight today. ML is very tempting, but I'm staying away in case recent form continues one more game. DLC is also a motivated team, a win gets them out of relegation for now, but lets face it, they narrowly escaped going down last year. Now flirting with Liga 2 this year. No less important is a win for Sevilla puts them back in Europa.

Not much to say about Sunday's MLS play. Atlanta was the better team, but made too many mistakes letting NYFC draw. Penalty, silly offside disallowing a goal, and of course the final goal by NYFC was preventable.

Bet on MyBookie