Soccer 2018 January-May

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Perfect example of why you can not bet real money on friendlies. The US stops playing at the end and Belgium has another horrible home performance. That team has as much talent as anyone in the world and simply can not play together. Doesn't help that there coach really sucks. If France comes to play next week, they will utterly destroy this US team. It could get real ugly. Bill Hamid should never, ever see the field again. He was absolutely terrible in goal.

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
ok, it's june but anyway:

WORLD: Friendly International
Iceland to win +137 - Ghana

Iceland's last match before WC. Ghana has been traveling a lot, last game was week ago in Japan.

Iceland ass clowned easy win over Norway a few days ago (two late goals for Norway to win 3-2).

imo very decent odds here.

:toast:

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Good luck Snafu!

I am on them also but didn't get time to post. Thought the line was wrong as soon as I saw it.

One thing I do know is that Saudi Arabia may be in for a world of hurt tomorrow. Germany lost to Austria, Low is getting tons of shit for keeping Sane off the team and for making Neuer the starter. This is Germany's last game and they need to show the world they are ready. You will likely see a 3 or 4 to nil win here.

I also like Poland over Chile tomorrow.

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
Iceland... 2-0 up at HT and blows it... well done :facepalm:

i'm getting doubts over this team

about latest friendlies, looks like 1st half O's are hitting quite well.

Swizz-Japan 1st h O?/1 -146

Germany - Arabs 1st h O1? -113

Poland-Chile 1st h O1 +114

Chinese Taipei - Kenya O2? -127

GL :0008

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Germany is starting their best squad today. I am taking them -3 -110. Will be very surprised if this game is not at least 3-0.

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
Germany is starting their best squad today. I am taking them -3 -110. Will be very surprised if this game is not at least 3-0.

I played 1H -1.5 a little stronger than -3 full game. Good start. Thanks for the heads up on the lineup, Bason.

I have a team-related question for ya... who do you think leads this team in goals for the WC? I've got Muller at nice value at 33-1 to be the leading goalscorer for the tournament, but I think guys like Werner (scored today), who was on fire in the Bundesliga this year, as well as Ozil and Gomez are all big offensive threats. I know Werner has the lowest odds of that group to win the Golden Boot, but I liked the value on Muller especially since he's been in the top 2-3 goal scorers in each of the last two World Cups. I know you know this team well, so any thoughts on which German you think will score the most in this tournament?

By the way, I know this team is stacked and you said they're starting their best squad today, but it's hard for me to believe the best 11 doesn't include the likes of ?zil or G?ndogan. Having those guys on the bench really highlights the depth on this squad.

Last edited:

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
WOW... burned by a really poor penalty. Ter Stegen makes the save anyway, but nobody there to clear the rebound :facepalm:
Germany look lackadaisical in this tune up.

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
nice friday :00hour

saturday

Estonia - Marocco -1? +190

Serbia - Bolivia U2? -110

Sweden - Peru to win +205
1st h O 1? +255
O2 -112 x 2
BTTS +100 x 2
<- good line imo
just like Iceland, somehow i just don't trust swedes here...

might add something later :0008

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
DZ,

I think Ozil will start (I should have noted that in my post but was short on time today). I think he was just left off today for precautionary reasons.

As far as scoring, we are thinking alike, so I think you are on the right track. Muller's game has been off some the last couple years, but he should benefit greatly from others creativity on this team, which should lead to some goals. Werner is the obvious choice, but you are getting some great value with Muller. Germany will score goals, more than most, so looks like it is worth a shot at least if you want to make a goals bet. I was planning on a weekend post in my WC thread with a couple prop suggestions and Muller is on the list.

They certainly did not look like I thought they would today. Too many long balls, offsides, etc. and not enough creativity for me. Low made a big deal out of this game, but it did not look like the players responded very well in my opinion.

Oh well, just another reason why I hate friendlies.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
I think France can name their score today if they come to play. That, of course, is the question with all friendlies, but the US has zero answers in the back against the French attack and you probably get a rookie in goal (which is 10 times better than Hamid!). Not sure how motivated France will be but I know they will not want to lose at home against a teenage US squad. If it does not rain like crazy, France would have beat Ireland 4 or 5 to nil and the Irish, who can not score, beat the US 2-1. I will likely bet France -2 just because I will watch the game. Just an action play for peanuts, but this is a complete mismatch on paper.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
This is precisely why I will never bet France to win the WC. They have all the talent in the word and always play to the level of their competition. Total embarrassment in my book. I really have not liked what I have seen from many of these contenders in friendlies.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Based on the play of Germany, France and Spain, I would say that Austria +1 is worth a shot against Brazil. Looks like all of these top teams are treating these games like training sessions and just want to get through without any injuries. Austria has been hot and would love to beat Brazil. This game is in Vienna so I think this line is simply too generous. May put a small amount on Austria +555.

Others to consider today

Serie B

Both games first legs were draws. I see no reason at least one game will not be a draw so playing both draws, +235 and +220, should yield a profit.

Spain Segundo

Ov 2.5 -130. First game was 3-1. Gijon has to be aggressive and they can score especially at home, but they also are not strong defensively. Should see at least 3 here.

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
well, that sweden match didn't go well... two goal attempts at 2nd half rarely takes game over...

playing Brazil (vs Austria) today. Austria didn't make it to the WC but has had nice run lately.

Brazil -181 and -1? +173

:shrug:

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
that went well, monday:

Senegal to win +129 - South Korea
1st half O1 +160
this is played in Austria, Das.Goldberg-Stadion (Grodig)

Belgium -1? -126
- Costa Rica
CR has been traveling quite a lot, they played 6th in England and 3rd home in Costa Rica. Belgium has played at home all their friendlies. I guess Belgium want's solid last game before WC against 90% opponent.

:popcorn2

ShaneColeman13

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 6, 2018
16:30 ? HJK Helsinki vs IFK Mariehamn
HJK Helsinki -1.5 Asian Handicap

16:30 ? RoPS vs VPS Vaasa
Under 2.5 Match Goals

17:00 ? Poland vs Lithuania
Poland -1.5 Asian Handicap

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
As i said in new thread I?m sorry for not being around but when you lost motivation for gambling because of other things being on the mind it?s tough.

I want to thank everyone again for keeping such a great thread and talk going. I, tonight am going to go back and read through everything that?s been going on with plays and stuff :) glad to be back and motivated now that all is well .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
As i said in new thread I?m sorry for not being around but when you lost motivation for gambling because of other things being on the mind it?s tough.

I want to thank everyone again for keeping such a great thread and talk going. I, tonight am going to go back and read through everything that?s been going on with plays and stuff :) glad to be back and motivated now that all is well .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:toast:

Bet on MyBookie