Sunday Service Plays 6/8/08

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007

Brian Gabrielle

NASCAR

Take Denny Hamlin +600 1/6th unit. This week we head to Pocono Raceway a strange giant track in rural Pennsylvania. The Car of Tomorrow has never run at a joint like this one so its tough to know exactly what to expect and its also tough to definitively apply what we know about past results here to our wagering strategy. Still with Hamlin's strength at this place the past couple years its hard not to look his way. In four career Cup starts here Hamlin has two wins and three top-fives.

Take Kyle Busch +500 1/6th unit. Okay I give. I didn't want to take the younger Busch at these odds last week because Dover is a very tricky track that can mess you up quick if you drive with a bad temper. Considering Kyle Busch is bad temper personified I figured it was better to stay away from him as a favorite. But Ill relent this week because Pocono is a lot easier track on which to stay wheels-up. The younger Busch has never finished better than fourth at this track and only has two top-10s in six career starts here but that hasn't seemed to matter much to him in 08. He could win for the fifth time Sunday.

Take Kurt Busch +1800 1/6th unit. I know the Blue Deuce has been dreadful this year and these odds are long for a reason. But the elder Busch won the last Cup race here in the old car last summer and more importantly translated his Pocono skills to very fast lap times in a COT test session here a couple weeks ago. Its too late for this Busch to salvage his season and make the Chase but he can play spoiler and I think he might just do that on Sunday. This is a long-odds bet I actually feel rather good about.

In this weeks head-to-head match-up take Kyle Busch over Carl Edwards -140 1 unit. Why not play the sucker odds all the way baby? Edwards is the circuits second-hottest driver right behind the Shrub so these are certainly some inauspicious odds but King Carl's record at Pocono over the past several years isn't very good he hasn't topped 14th place here in the four Cup events. Based on how well hes driven this year it'd be pretty hard to justify taking anyone over Kyle Busch just about now.

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Scott Ferrall

Milwaukee +105 on ML over Colorado--Suppan stops the bleeding in Denver for the Brewers over Francis.

METS -140 on ML over padres--Pedro beats San Diego to finally end this nightmare in So. cal over the weekend when NY just couldn't score runs

DODGERS -120 on ML over Cubs--Brad Penny finsihes off the sweep of Chicago at Chavez Revine.

WHITE SOX -145 on ML
over Minnesota--Gavin Floyd gets the W and the Chicago sweep of the series. The Sox are 18-9 on the South Side this season. TAKE THE OVER 9 RUNS

Angles +120 on ML over A's--Ervin Santana beats Harden in the Coliseum at Oakland as a dog. TAKE THE UNDER 7.5 RUNS

Tampa -130 on ML
over Texas--Garza keeps the Rays winning games in Arlington.

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Ben Burns

***12-1 RUN CONTINUES*** Burns' NBA BLOWOUT G.O.M! $35.00
Most are expecting Game 2 to be a close one but Ben Burns doesn't see it that way, as he's stepping out with his June "Blowout" Game of the Month. As you know, Ben's BLOWOUT GOM releases have been a SMASHING SUCCESS, including 22 point winners in BOTH April and May. Despite coming up short in Game 1, Ben is an EPIC 12-1 his L13 NBA sides!

La Lakers

***25-10 NBA RUN CONTINUES*** "Total" Annihilator! $35.00
Despite coming up short in Game 1, Ben Burns remains an OUTSTANDING 25-10-2 (better than 71%!) his last 37 NBA selections. Note that the two 'pushes' were wins for some. Included in last Sunday's perfect sweep was a winning "Total Annihilator" ticket, which is what Burns serves up for Sunday's critical clash. Same title. Same result!

Lakers/Celtics over 190

Also

3 units Detroit Tigers
3 units La Dodgers

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
The Millionaires Club

Guaranteed Selections

92% NBA SLAM DUNK PLAYOFF WINNER
Boston +1 9:05 EST

Client9

The Love Gov
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2008
Indian Cowboy
3 units (Play of the Day) Lakers Over 190.5
3 units (Normal) Los Angeles Dodgers Over 8.5

Duke come over and take what you need

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

stix

Forum Member
Aug 25, 2007
hey duke, do you have ATS AL GOY? Or was that yesterday

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Winners Inc.

Guaranteed Selections
Date: Sunday, June 08, 2008

5000* BASEBALL WINNER
Boston w/Masterson -135 1:35 EST

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Fairway Jay

NBA Finals Big Drive (+7.10 NBA Season): $19
Fairway Jay has found the green consistently, padding the wallets of his clients this NBA season. There is still time to get in on the profits with this Game 2 Side. Just $19 it is guaranteed to win or his next NBA play is on the house.

La Lakers

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Elite Sports Circle

Guaranteed Selections

5000* ELITE BASEBALL RUN LINE GAME OF THE YEAR
NY Yankees w/Chamberlain -1.5 +105 1:05 EST

MLBKING

Forum Member
Apr 7, 2008
The Millionaires Club Guaranteed Selections
Date: Sunday, June 08, 2008

91% HIGH ROLLER BASEBALL WINNER
Philadelphia w/Eaton +120 1:35 EST

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Bob Akmens

TOP-PLAY

7* NY METS / SAN DIEGO OVER 8.5 (+100) (MARTINEZ / LEDEZMA)

3* LA LAKERS / BOSTON UNDER 190.5

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Ted Sevransky

REASON FOR PICK: The Lakers played a terrible end game in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, unable to hit a shot for extended stretches of the quarter. Trailing 86-82 with 6:52 remaining on the clock, the Lakers managed to score just six points thereafter, thanks to a 1-13 shooting performance during crunch time. After enjoying a 16-4 assist-to-turnover ratio (on 21 made baskets) in the first half, LA dished only five assists after the break, while making only eleven shots in the second half.

Can the Lakers execute better offensively in Game 2? I?m willing to bet on it! This is a team that averaged more than nine made three-pointers per game after acquiring Pau Gasol in February, but they hit only three trifectas in Game 1, connecting at a woeful 21% clip from beyond the arc. Three point sharpshooter Sasha Vujacic: ? We?ve just got to lay smarter. They played good; their rotation was there at all times, (but) we?ve just got to do a better job of swinging the ball. After one swing, we stopped swinging it. If we had stayed with it a little more, with patience and more focus at the offensive end, we?d (have been) OK.? With three days for Phil Jackson to get the Lakers offense back in the swing of things after their long layoff, expect LA to do a much better job from downtown in Game 2.

Reigning MVP Kobe Bryant is (obviously) the key to the Lakers offense, but Kobe was not sharp in Game 1, particularly in the fourth quarter when he hit only one shot and scored only four points. With Ray Allen?s defense always a question mark and Paul Pierce likely to be hobbled from the knee injury that he suffered in Game 1, expect Kobe to step up his game on Sunday. Frankly, I expect a superstar level of performance from the Lakers superstar.

Pierce?s injury deserves some discussion here as well. Pierce was, without a doubt, the Celtics hero on Thursday night, carrying the team on his back, playing with the type of adrenaline rush that made the pain from his knee injury tolerable for the final 17 minutes of the game. But Pierce was seen heavily bandaged, hobbling out of the arena after the game, and his quote tells us something about how this injury might affect him on Sunday: ?I thought I tore something -- that's the way I felt at the time. Usually when I go down, I'm getting right back up, but it was an instance where I turned my knee and it popped, and I was just in pain where I couldn't move.? I do not expect a full recovery by Sunday, and frankly, I don?t think the Celtics are good enough to win without strong performances from all three All Stars on their roster.

The Celtics let down after winning Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals, suffering their only home loss of the playoffs. They are just 4-8 ATS in their last dozen games, consistently overvalued by the betting marketplace. Meanwhile, the Lakers have been nothing short of outstanding coming off a loss, including a tough Game 4 win on the road at San Antonio, knocking the life out of the defending champs. In this situation, I trust the Lakers far more than the Celtics, making the Game 2 choice perfectly clear.

4* La Lakers

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg