ufc on versus 5

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i guess kick had more important matters to attend to...

MAIN CARD (Versus)
?Dan Hardy vs. Chris Lytle
?Ben Henderson vs. Jim Miller
?Donald Cerrone vs. Charles Oliveira
?Duane Ludwig vs. Amir Sadollah

PRELIMINARY CARD
?C.B. Dollaway vs. Jared Hamman
?Joseph Benavidez vs. Eddie Wineland
?Ed Herman vs. Kyle Noke
?Ronny Markes vs. Karlos Vemola
?Alex Caceres vs. Jim Hettes
?Cole Miller vs. T.J. O'Brien
?Danny Castillo vs. Jacob Volkmann
?Edwin Figueroa vs. Jason Reinhardt

based on the lines that have been established,i like hardy at even odds.....just think his striking is tighter and straighter(lytle seems sloppy to me)...he`s longer...if it goes to the mat,he can probably fend off subs,but he`ll be in big trouble on his back...that`s the concern...but at even odds,i like "arrr-deee"...that shot from condit notwithstanding(perfect shot),i think his chin is fine(and shockingly,lytle only has 3 k.o.`s)...looks like a hard fought decision...but as of right now,i`m just playin` it straight...that decision prop at +225 is talking to me,though...

i like sadollah as parlay material...i think he`s just better than ludwig at this point in their careers...another stand-up/clinch fight...if sadollah doesn`t beat a journeyman like ludwig,where does his ufc career go from here?..

and i`m leaning toward a possible parlay with the other 2 lined faves(miller/oliveira),but not committing.......i have great respect for cerrone and henderson...both guys "could" win....but i think that balls to the wall,miller and oliveira might be just a little better....

but,as i said, not entirely sure about miller and oliveira....henderson and cerrone are so dangerous,i`m reticent to touch either fave at even a lowly -150.....great matchmaking....

see a few undercard fights that grab me(depending on the odds)...but i`ll wait until the lines are posted to comment......

adding small plays that i shouldn`t bother with or post....the kinds of plays that the gut tells you to lay off...

very small volkmann -105...worried about castillo`s pace,,,he could outwork volkmann....but volkmann`s bigger and the better grappler..

very small noke -140....just never was sold on herman..and the last fight happened so quickly that we don`t really know where herman`s knee is ....noke was put on his back an awful lot on ult. fighter vs kris msccrray...a shocking losss imo...that`s why this is small...

and finally,hettes sub of the night at +750....

edit:adding a hettes/figueroa parlay...medium...

much more interesting card than last weeks ppv...

Last edited:

ukgaz

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2008
Sacramento
I think Lytle is the better fighter. But I can't play him. He will be 37 this coming week and likes fire fights. With someone 8 years younger than you it is tough to keep doing that. On the ground he is a much better fighter. Smart game-plan would be to try to take Hardy down - but I'm not sure if he will stick to this.

Cerrone/ Oliveria - Wow what a fight. Submissions you have to give to CO but wrestling? Cerrone looked awesome in that department against Varner but CO did take Escudero down. Striking is close. Looking back at the Bendo vs Cerrone 1 if CO locks on some of those sub attempst it could be game over. I'm thinking Cerrone but not confident

Bendo against Miller. Huge Bendo fan. Love watching this kid fight but Miller is a beast and is on fire. Have to go with Miller but again not confident.

Amir will probably stop Ludwig

This could be the best UFC on Versus card ever

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i was thinking that losing to gsp/johnson and condit is no embarrassment...my guess is that lytle whiffs vs these guys,also...

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
The bible thumper Henderson will lose..........badly. Won't even be close.

450371009_372a340d84_o.jpg

ukgaz

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2008
Sacramento

Lytle's boxing is over rated

He is wild and throws bombs but has only stopped 3 guys with strikes in 53 fights. His boxing record of 13-1-1 is misleading

7 of the wins are against guys under .500
3 were against guys with under 3 fights

his title win was against a guy who was 11-48-1. He also won a rematch against this guy

He does not throw many kicks and while he was competitive with a superior striker in Thiago Alves that was a good 4 years ago. He leaves a lot of opening's and Hardy can time that left hook.

But I remember reading that Lytle was considering retirement. A nice FOTN bonus would be welcome for him even if it results in a loss

So if it is money Lytle wants rather than the win then by all means stand with Hardy. That's the reason I can't play this fight

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
This is going to be a great night of fighting! Really excited, just wish it wasn't on a fucking Sunday night.

The Lytle/Hardy fight is interesting. Hardy is on a losing streak fighting a guy that's never been KO'd. In a stand up war, I have to go with Lytle. If it goes to the ground, I have to go with Lytle. I think Lytle loses to all the guys Hardy lost to, so I don't put much stock into that, other than Hardy is going to be a desperate man and that isn't good in this type of fight. I think Lytle wins here.

Henderson and Miller looks awesome. I think Miller shows Henderson what a real contender in the UFC's LW division looks like.

Cerrone and Oliveira could get a little exciting, lol. I think this is a toss up, but I'm leaning Cerrone.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
Last edited:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i have an account under an assumed name....and i`m glad i did....they take people out of your e mail and put them on your homepage...without your permission....only white could come up with something this ridiculous...

what a pain in the ass/invasion of privacy......

Bet on MyBookie