ufc on versus 5

DeFactoCrippler

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 8, 2010
Another reason why Dana is the fucking man

Of course gardenweasel, kegray and weepaul will not give Dana any praise for all these free fights:facepalm:

Cmon Man...I guess I should get down on my knees and fellate him for granting me privilege of watching Danny Castillo vs. Jacob Volkmann :facepalm:

Dana White (or the UFC) are the cheapest pieces of chit when it comes to copyright material. I don't blame them for shutting down streams, but when they get lawyers to go around and get old fights removed from youtube and similar sites so they can charge me 5 bucks to watch on it their focking website I can't praise him for anything.

Not even greedy bastards like Bob Arum do that, you can go see any boxing matches in their entirety on youtube, totally free, and many cases in HD.

DeFactoCrippler

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 8, 2010
I usually never buy into this crap but this time i do. Lytle is gonna fight for the fans in this one because of the Hardy/Johnson borefest and this is why the UFC made this match. Lytle could make this a much easier fight but he is setting himself up to get knocked out. It is Hardy or nothing for me.

I agree with you as far as Lytle keeping this standing even though it's against his best interests. He did it before with Marcus Davis and the whole "the first on who takes it to the ground is a pussy" agreement, and that ended up as FOTN.

But Lytle is tough as chit and has never been KO'd in 10 years. Hardy's left hand is completely overrated, and lytles chin is as solid as they come, lytle could put his hands behind his back close his eyes and give hardy a clean shot, I still dont think he would even drop him.

I believe the value here is in Hardy to win via decision. Lytle is the brink of retirement and Hardy is young, has a recognition and a British fanbase, plus he was signed to a 6 fight contract after the GSP bout. It looks like one of those scenarios where the "incompetent" judges make an "incompetent" decision that benefits the UFC.

DeFactoCrippler

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 8, 2010
Just a little rant about Hardy... this guy is garbage IMO. He has basically resorted to "challenging" (begging) people to engage in what would be could only be called a kickboxing match. Now, doing that to please the fans is one thing (i.e Chris Lytle), but Hardy is only doing this because it's the only shot he has at winning (against anyone). He doesn't even know how to sprawl :facepalm:

Marcus Davis came into the UFC as a pure striker and realized that chit wasn't gonna fly, and was able to turn himself into somewhat of a well rounded fighter, I think Hardy just lacks dedication.

I laughed when he complained about being wrestlefocked by Rumble Johnson and GSP. Rumble stalked him and walked him down without even throwing a punch, then dropped him with a head kick. Rumble could have easily ktfo'd him, but wrestled focked him instead because they are good friends. GSP was just too classy of a human being to snap his arm like a twig in that first round, because he knew hardy had no business there in the first place.

BUCSnotYUCKS

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 6, 2007
Ohio but not a Buckeye
Just a little rant about Hardy... this guy is garbage IMO. He has basically resorted to "challenging" (begging) people to engage in what would be could only be called a kickboxing match. Now, doing that to please the fans is one thing (i.e Chris Lytle), but Hardy is only doing this because it's the only shot he has at winning (against anyone). He doesn't even know how to sprawl :facepalm:

Marcus Davis came into the UFC as a pure striker and realized that chit wasn't gonna fly, and was able to turn himself into somewhat of a well rounded fighter, I think Hardy just lacks dedication.

I laughed when he complained about being wrestlefocked by Rumble Johnson and GSP. Rumble stalked him and walked him down without even throwing a punch, then dropped him with a head kick. Rumble could have easily ktfo'd him, but wrestled focked him instead because they are good friends. GSP was just too classy of a human being to snap his arm like a twig in that first round, because he knew hardy had no business there in the first place.

Uh Oh, you used the daunted words. Hope THONG DONG doesn't see this.

I'm with you on this one. I think Hardy can only win if guys will engage with him. Sure he's gotten the top position on the ground but it's all came from the striking department on the feet then the fight went to the ground.

I can't really name any fights of Hardy's off top my head without looking that Hardy fought a well rounded fight. Hardy showed in the Condit fight that his striking isn't as crisp and technical as Joe Rogan and Goldie Locks will lead you to believe. Lets be honest, he's from the UK and the UFC doesn't have very many fighters from the UK to push, so they'll say anything to do so.

Lytle has lost 2 "TKOs" but those were both virtually what you would call, doctor stoppages because of cuts. I'd be pretty suprised if Hardy KO/TKOd him. I'd also be shocked if Lytle is willing to stand and bang for 15 minutes. I don't care what he says or intends. After a couple shots and you see you're outmatched, your instincts of getting the fight where it needs to be will kick in.

I wouldn't bet on this fight unless it was a free-play. The odds are about right, it's a toss up. It's pretty much a matter of which fighter fights the best/smartest OFFENSIVELY + DEFENSIVELY.

I think Lytle has a better chance of winning in the various areas to win. But I also think Hardy is the better, and most dangerous fighter of the 2.

BUCSnotYUCKS

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 6, 2007
Ohio but not a Buckeye
i guess kick had more important matters to attend to...

MAIN CARD (Versus)
?Edwin Figueroa vs. Jason Reinhardt

Why is Edwin Figueroa favored so huge against Reinhardt? Figueroa is a stand up fighter and Reinhardt has never been stopped on the feet. I think this fight goes the distance and if it does, it eventually has to go to the ground where Reinhardt has such a huge advantage and a huge possibility of a submission.

+260 for me

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Why is Edwin Figueroa favored so huge against Reinhardt? Figueroa is a stand up fighter and Reinhardt has never been stopped on the feet. I think this fight goes the distance and if it does, it eventually has to go to the ground where Reinhardt has such a huge advantage and a huge possibility of a submission.

+260 for me

after looking through reinhardt`s record,i saw a bunch of stiffs,,,his resume looked a bit bogus based on what i saw....and how he`s performed in the ufc....he`s also 41....

and i liked what i saw from fugueroa va mcdonald(who`s a budding star)....

certainly wouldn`t lay those odds,though...that`s why i parred it ...

Last edited:

BUCSnotYUCKS

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 6, 2007
Ohio but not a Buckeye
after looking through reinhardt`s record,i saw a bunch of stiffs,,,his resume looked a bit bogus based on what i saw....and how he`s performed in the ufc....he`s also 41....

and i liked what i saw from fugueroa va mcdonaldwho`s a budding star)....

certainly wouldn`t lay those odds,though...that`s why i parred it ...

definitely makes sense. but reinhardt has fought a few tough fighters in that large resume

ukgaz

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2008
Sacramento
Agree on the comments on Hardy

His mouth has made him a "bigger" fighter than he really is. He stands to upright to really sprawl

If we look at his UFC wins prior to his title shot

Akihiro Gono - After going 8-8-2 to start his career he finally picked up steam and put in some good performances hitting his prime from 02 to 06. When he met Hardy he was on a down-slide and going through a stage where he was dropping weight.

Marcus Davis - Loved what Davis did to his career and skill set after the Ultimate Fighter. But by the time Hardy faced him the slide has already started for Davis as age and injuries finally caught up

Mike Swick - Swick has been plagued with stomach issues for a few years now. The Swick that faced Hardy was not the prime Swick

I think all 3 of these beat Hardy if they were in their prime. Still play Hardy at his game and you give him a chance

DeFactoCrippler

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 8, 2010
I can't really name any fights of Hardy's off top my head without looking that Hardy fought a well rounded fight. Hardy showed in the Condit fight that his striking isn't as crisp and technical as Joe Rogan and Goldie Locks will lead you to believe. Lets be honest, he's from the UK and the UFC doesn't have very many fighters from the UK to push, so they'll say anything to do so.

Spot on here.

Lytle has lost 2 "TKOs" but those were both virtually what you would call, doctor stoppages because of cuts. I'd be pretty suprised if Hardy KO/TKOd him. I'd also be shocked if Lytle is willing to stand and bang for 15 minutes. I don't care what he says or intends. After a couple shots and you see you're outmatched, your instincts of getting the fight where it needs to be will kick in.

Normally I would be shocked too and just treat the talk as pre fight hype, the only thing that has me thinking Lytle will agree stand is because he did it before with Davis (and possible "locker room bonuses"). :shrug:

You bring up a good point regarding the instincts, though.

His mouth has made him a "bigger" fighter than he really is.

You're right. Hardy even admitted himself that it was the trash talk that got him the fight with Davis

"Originally the fight was put to me by the fans ? the fans were the ones who wanted to see the fight. So I thought it was my responsibility to try to get this fight on. Realistically, it?s not a good fight for his career. To be fair, he?s way ahead of me. He should be really looking toward a title shot ? looking toward getting a couple more wins toward that. To fight a guy who?s just went to the UFC and had two fights, I really didn?t think he?d end up taking the fight, so I did a few things to try and make sure that that paper was signed." - Dan Hardy

I have to tip my hat to him in that regard, he knows how to hype/sell fights. Even his whole "look" is tailored perfectly to what the UFC is all about, the mohawk and tatoos look good on the posters. You can easily set up a Britain vs USA storyline ect...

I hate Hardy and think he is chit, but I still want to see him fight, you know what I mean?

If I'm going to play this fight it will be a small bet on Hardy via decision because I see some value there. Because I don't see him finishing lytle, and I think lytle will get screwed by the judges on anything but a clear cut victory. Lytle is most likely retiring anyways and they will have to cut hardy if he loses, the last thing they want is another Kendall Grove getting paid 25k to fight in the prelims.

edit: ukgaz you brought up some good points about lytles striking being overrated, which makes me think the fight has a better chance of going to the cards. (lytle has some decent subs though)

Last edited:

DeFactoCrippler

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 8, 2010
The bible thumper Henderson will lose..........badly. Won't even be close.

I have a healthy wager on miller as well. He has gone under the radar for a while now, he has been asking for a big fight and probably deserves a title shot if he wins this.

Bendo's style isn't a threat to Miller at all.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Easy decision win for Miller.....Bible Thumper will not be in this fight at all.

He'll survive and nothing more.

30-27 across the board.

Jesus = no win

Bet on MyBookie