Ult. Fight Night 15: Live on Spike 9/17

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
you and me both nj

i'm giving all my boxing winnings back with these mma "tryout" nights

i gotta stick to what I know

i hear ya bro. its just so damn tempting... we have some great MMA cappers here, and part of the reason they're so good is they can never agree on anything! it seems whomever i follow for the night ends up losing.

let's stick to boxing Ghost.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Did I mention anything about Houston Alexander and Drew McFedf*ck ??

Oh yeah.....think I did.....nice effort boys...good job...well done. And Houston is amazing....can beat anybody in 3 minutes....anybody....problem is if fight hits the 4th minute:mj07:

Think that may be it for Drew McFedf*ck and Houston.....time to go fight in lesser organizations....maybe a fight with Kimbo is in order.

Remember......Kimbo is undefeated.

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
Think that may be it for Drew McFedf*ck and Houston.....time to go fight in lesser organizations....maybe a fight with Kimbo is in order.

Remember......Kimbo is undefeated.

And would remain undefeated against Pusston Alexander and Mcsuckfries.

And no organization that has Kimbo is lesser.:mj07:

MayorgaFan

Forum Member
Dec 12, 2003
Does the UFC just keep putting guys in to fight nate who have no concept of a gameplan and fight half retarded?

Yes, that's what they do and it's great. :142smilie Diaz is beatable but they are matching him real well his first 3 fights after TUF.

BUCSnotYUCKS

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 6, 2007
Ohio but not a Buckeye
i hear ya bro. its just so damn tempting... we have some great MMA cappers here, and part of the reason they're so good is they can never agree on anything! it seems whomever i follow for the night ends up losing.

One thing people have to understand is that these TUF/Ultimate Fight Night cards are typically going to be fighters who if on PPV, would probably be undercard fights. Ocassionally we'll see a fight that would be main card worth, but probably the 1st or 2nd fight. It's just how it goes. Alot of times, the fighters aren't as fine tuned and the consistancy isn't there.

Although, I do believe the best money makers are the TUF Finale, IF THEY HAVE SHOW VS SHOW fighters instead of normal fights. If you follow the show, you can see glaring mismatches with fights.

On PPVs you're getting very well known fighters because that's where all the money is at, so the UFC is going to put the best matchups(MONEY WISE) together; Other than the fights that fighters earn/deserve that is.

My point is, don't bet too big on Ultimate Fight Night cards unless you see certain fights that you really like. If you want to make easy money, bet the TUF finale(if you follow the show), and PPVs. There's nothing wrong with wanting action on MMA fights, I mean, afterall, who wouldn't?!?! Just don't try to get rich quick off of these mid-level fighters because typically they're not as good, too sloppy, and "upsets" happen easily and the odds(hehe) you will payout suck.

BUCSnotYUCKS

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 6, 2007
Ohio but not a Buckeye
Yes, that's what they do and it's great. :142smilie Diaz is beatable but they are matching him real well his first 3 fights after TUF.

We all have to understand that the UFC does matchups based on a business standpoint. While the UFC will tell you that they want the best fights, it's honestly all about the money. They're going to get more good out of handing Diaz mid-level fighters until his game improves versus throwing him right into the wolves. We look at the fights as far as we want to see the best versus the best and we want to see our favorite or our exciting fighters. While the UFC looks at it as how can "we"(UFC) make the most money. Can't blame either side. Just gotta be patient and wait for a happy medium!!:toast:

It's different when you're proven and now a big draw like Liddell, Griffin, Jackson, Wandy, Lesnar, Hughes, Franklin, GSP, BJ Penn, etc...and the UFC can afford to give the fighters the choice of who they want to fight because either way, the UFC hits a HR when these guys fight.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
i feel ya man. did you wager on neer? it was a good play in hindsight. i dont know enough about mma to judge it, all i know is nate diaz is getting the promo muscle, no surpirse he'd get the lean. i chased with diaz and ended up +$10 for the night, by sheer miracle.

I cant rememebr a single time ive legitimately won betting on MMA. Its always the same pattern: lose all the undercard wagers, win a lucky main event wager.

I need to stop this shit now.

i actually bet Clay medium and a small bet on Neer for shits and giggles. I seem to find the guy on every card who gets his game plan from the St louis Rams. I fell for the late Joe Rogan hype right before the fight. It wasn't even that close. Im surprised guys thought it was.

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
We all have to understand that the UFC does matchups based on a business standpoint. While the UFC will tell you that they want the best fights, it's honestly all about the money. They're going to get more good out of handing Diaz mid-level fighters until his game improves versus throwing him right into the wolves. We look at the fights as far as we want to see the best versus the best and we want to see our favorite or our exciting fighters. While the UFC looks at it as how can "we"(UFC) make the most money. Can't blame either side. Just gotta be patient and wait for a happy medium!!:toast:

It's different when you're proven and now a big draw like Liddell, Griffin, Jackson, Wandy, Lesnar, Hughes, Franklin, GSP, BJ Penn, etc...and the UFC can afford to give the fighters the choice of who they want to fight because either way, the UFC hits a HR when these guys fight.

I'm not disagreeing, but if it is this obvious we should be able to pick and choose our action on these match-ups and clean freaking house!

There's always the chance of getting caught, but that should not hurt our winning percentages.

With that being said, who is the next/current golden boy that is going to get the "easier" fights?

I'm in.

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
Time to spend some of that Rashad money :142smilie

Neer- Medium at +160. I don't think Nate is any better than Din Thomas or Joe Stevenson and Neer whupped them.
Nate is shite on the feet and Neer should be smart enough to keep it there.
I must admit Nate looked like shite on the show but he has really impressed me since then. I just can't get the image of that 6 ft 4" guy with NO fights tossing him around like a ragdoll in the first round on the show.

Shafer- Medium at +200. This fight should be even money all the way.
Either Houston lands a bomb in the first minute and KO's Schafer or Schafer avoids the bomb and gets Alexander to the ground and subs him in the first round.
This is as close to a 50/50 fight as you will get.
There is a good chance Shafer wins by sub or gets dummied in 10 seconds.
This fight will be won or lost depending on the first minute.

Parlay-Small. Millar/Vedepo/Herman/Shafer.
I had another winning night. Gotta love Big Red :mj07: :00hour

joz

Forum Member
Mar 29, 2005
new jersey
I wanna know what frigging judge scored it 29-28 Neers? Diaz CLEARLY won rounds 1 and 3, i got a hunch it was cecil peoples again.:director:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
i gotta say weepaul

u are on quite the role lately player

nice job indeed

thumbs up!

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
updated record:

MMA Record (since UFC 58)
---------------------------------------------

Prop Bet 21-15
Fighter vs. Fighter 91-118
Parlays 46-59

+50.07 Joe Rogans

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
One thing people have to understand is that these TUF/Ultimate Fight Night cards are typically going to be fighters who if on PPV, would probably be undercard fights. Ocassionally we'll see a fight that would be main card worth, but probably the 1st or 2nd fight. It's just how it goes. Alot of times, the fighters aren't as fine tuned and the consistancy isn't there.

Although, I do believe the best money makers are the TUF Finale, IF THEY HAVE SHOW VS SHOW fighters instead of normal fights. If you follow the show, you can see glaring mismatches with fights.

On PPVs you're getting very well known fighters because that's where all the money is at, so the UFC is going to put the best matchups(MONEY WISE) together; Other than the fights that fighters earn/deserve that is.

My point is, don't bet too big on Ultimate Fight Night cards unless you see certain fights that you really like. If you want to make easy money, bet the TUF finale(if you follow the show), and PPVs. There's nothing wrong with wanting action on MMA fights, I mean, afterall, who wouldn't?!?! Just don't try to get rich quick off of these mid-level fighters because typically they're not as good, too sloppy, and "upsets" happen easily and the odds(hehe) you will payout suck.

Strong points Bucs, it does explain the pattern of big fights winning more frequently and playing out as predicted, compared to my undercard woes. I don't know the sport like you guys do, and struggle to identify which fighters are stable and consistent compared to which fighters are still unproven or unpredictable. I don't have that problem in boxing.

Very encouraging post Bucs, ill learn to be more selective and stick with this game :toast: Thanks for looking out.

And let me also congratulate weepaul, whose been cleaning up on underdogs in MMA and boxing as of late.

Last edited:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008

Amen brother

big card in Panama tomorrow

I think Moreno is a lock, but the price jumped in a few hours from -6oo to -1100

too steep for me, but maybe i can find a fight to parlay with it

good luck

skillrules

Dedicated
Forum Member
Sep 23, 2002
Los Angeles
www.mma.tv
clay.jpg

You huggin' bastard! lol Congrats to Clay

rawli007

lives
Forum Member
Jan 28, 2008
Alabama
Clearly on the wrong side last night.

Guida fought great, but i still hate his style.... felt like i was watching UFC 22 or something w/ his lay n pray... zero damage was done from the top. Frustrated the hell out of Danzig, though.. hey Danzig, learn at least one sweep from the bottom for me, would ya?!?! just one?!?! i mean theres only seven thousand to choose from!

Danzig was a major let down.. seems to me u would have better takedown defense having trained daily w/ Tyson Griffin and Gray Maynard. I would understand giving up a takedown if he wanted the fight on the ground, but he got SLAMMED MULTIPLE TIMES.

I wanted to kick Danzig's ass myself when he smiled after that first SLAM.

rawli007

lives
Forum Member
Jan 28, 2008
Alabama
http://mmamania.com/2008/09/18/ufc-quick-quote-houston-alexander-couldnt-hear-at-ufc-fight-night-15/

In other words, Houston Alexander could have hung on a little longer IF he really wanted to... what a complete stiff. Too bad the UFC recently gave him a FIVE FIGHT contract extension so we all may have to see him again. Sucks for me i guess.

I've just always hated this jackass after see a video clip of one of his earlier fights in which Houston decided he was not going to fight on the ground. His opponent mounted him and for some reason the fight was stopped..... once the issue was resolved, the ref told Houston to get back in the same position on the ground (his opponent had mount position), and Houston refused!!! He just stood up in boxing stance for about 10 minutes as the ref pleaded w/ him to get his azz back on the ground..... eventually the fight was stopped!! :mj07: TRUE STORY!

The clip was on youtube, but i cant find it anymore.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Wonder what Jardine thinks when he sees Houston.....Houston beats him in under a minute yet Houston can't last past 3 minutes of a fight:142smilie

Too funny........

rawli007

lives
Forum Member
Jan 28, 2008
Alabama
Wonder what Jardine thinks when he sees Houston.....Houston beats him in under a minute yet Houston can't last past 3 minutes of a fight:142smilie

Too funny........

Jardine called me last night.... he had been studying Houston's fights w/ Schafer and Thiago Silva.... he said "MAN, i really should have taken Houston down!" :142smilie

I told Keith, "No chit, Sherlock!"

Last edited:
Bet on MyBookie