We clearly have a gun problem. (My 20,000th Post)

Sportsaholic

Jack's Mentor
Forum Member
Jan 18, 2000
Crustacean Nation
Seems the shooter is now posting on Twitter and FB the shooting taken from his cell phone.....The world is going to hell and fast....:facepalm:

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
Sad for the victims, senseless crime. Live on TV no less, crazy people out there that is for sure

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
Right !! So does any body have answers or sugestions or even solutions as to why this happens only in this country ?

I wonder if our lax gun laws aren't at least partially responsible........nah, makes too much sense

ImFeklhr

Raconteur
Forum Member
Oct 3, 2005
San Francisco
Seems the shooter is now posting on Twitter and FB the shooting taken from his cell phone.....The world is going to hell and fast....:facepalm:

Terrible news, but the murder rate in Virginia 50% less than it was in 1996.
So whatever problem we have, in the last 20 years it has got much much better.

It's still still double or triple the rate in most European country, and any reduction is hardly solace for the families of today's victims, but still, there may be light at the end of the tunnel. Or is that just the glow of hell on the horizon? :shrug:

hammer1

Forum Member
Jun 17, 2002
Wisconsin and Dorado Puerto Rico
I don't know for sure but since they passed concealed carry here every one is arming themselvs to the teeth.. Liberals Bible thumpers .. their wives u name it. Some stores have had trouble keeping ammo in stock.
I wonder if our lax gun laws aren't at least partially responsible........nah, makes too much sense

T

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2012
I don't know for sure but since they passed concealed carry here every one is arming themselvs to the teeth.. Liberals Bible thumpers .. their wives u name it. Some stores have had trouble keeping ammo in stock.

How can anyone take you seriously...Your posts in sports betting need a fucking morobnic translator yet you want to try and carry on a NORMAL ENGLISH speaking convo about GUNS ?

:142smilie

By the way nice BS on that METS over 7.5 when the entire betting world had 8.5 or 8...Oh wait you'll come back I paid -150 in juice...BUT ONLY CAUSE IT WON. :nono:

The Mover

Forum Member
Mar 22, 2000
Detroit,Mi

You are right on the money, makes too much sense.

Between 2007 and 2013, however, the rate of active shooter incidents per year in the US has increased.[13][14] Hand guns figured in the Virginia Tech massacre, Binghamton shootings, 2009 Fort Hood shooting, Oikos University shooting, and 2011 Tucson shooting. The Aurora theater shooting and the Columbine High School massacre were committed by assailants armed with multiple weapons.

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
Seems like a people problem more then a gun problem? :shrug:
That's the popular talking point, but I know better. The data speaks for itself...Japan is uberrestrictive on guns, so very few are legally owned. Not surprisingly, there is almost no gun violence...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bet on MyBookie