Wed. Services 1/16

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Deano's Free B

Forum Member
Jan 9, 2008
Flint, MI
Deano's Free B

Happy Happy Wed....... alot of great action today including Free B.

Record: 20-6 OA 2-0 Yesterday<

Free B: **Bobcats +

Hey everyone after being the only guy covering OSU Yesterday, Its done. 2-0 on the day yesterday moving on to NBA today. Take a look at the edge on this game, will ya. Orlando has beatin Charlotte twice this year already, once home one away. Charlotte is on a 5 game streak ATS with those huge wins includes total breakage against Detroit, New Jersey and a nice pull from Boston. 2 which were at home. Charlotte averaging over 107 a game during this streak and letting up 100. A team this hot at home playing against a team that has already beatin them twice this year, coming in as the favorite for the sweep is not going to happen tonight fellas. Take Charlotte PLUS the points and enjoy your big money week as we head into the NFL PLAYOFFS!

Last edited:

eddieh8823

Forum Member
Dec 3, 2007
Arthur Ralph

Arthur Ralph

Super Pick Wednesday Dayton

900 RunAway winner Texas A&M

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ROQQIN RIQ

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 28, 2007
HORRIBLE NIGHT LAST THANKS TO WARRIORS AND SUNS BUT HAVE NO FEAR AS THE DRAKE BULLDOGS GET US BACK ON TRACK.......:00hour

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
CTO ( 7-1 LAST 8)

Wednesday,

January 16
*IOWA over Purdue...With Iowa probably winless in Big Ten play after facing early quartet of conf. powers (combined 47-7 SU!), willing to support hungry Hawkeyes, who've registered a 15-2 SU mark at home in Big Ten last 2+ seasons (prior to Michigan State Jan. 12). Iowa's potent G duo of J. Johnson (16 ppg, 40% treys) & now-healthy Freeman (12 ppg, 4 apg; missed 1st 10 games due to broken foot) should burn inexperienced Purdue, ranked near bottom of Big 10 in two major defensive categories (FG & 3-pt.%). And Iowa's new HC Todd Lickliter figures to have good gameplan after defeating Boilers, 68-65, as Butler head honcho LY.

*IOWA 69 - Purdue 59 RATING - 10

TULANE over *Tulsa...Torrid Tulane (7-1 SU last 8 thru Jan. 8) ready to make some noise in C-USA, uplifted by 3 preconference upsets (including 1st win vs. LSU in 27 yrs.!). So, will gladly take any available points vs. Tulsa squad that lacks a true PG after soph playmaker M. Hill left early in campaign. Contrarily, Green Wave's gritty, 5-10 soph distributor Sims (13 ppg, 4 apg, 2 spg) has become a superb floor leader, while dependable 6-7, 240 sr. F Gomez (13 ppg, 6 rpg,) & emerging 6-7, 260 jr. F Louisme (11 ppg, 6 rpg) will be "double-trouble" in paint for G-driven Golden Hurricane.

TULANE 78 - *Tulsa 68 RATING - 11

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007

THE GOLD SHEET

DRAKE by 11 over Bradley (Wednesday, January 16)
SOUTHERN MISS by 3 over Uab (Wednesday, January 16)

POINTWISE

DELAWARE over Va Commonw'lth (Wed) RATING: 4
DEPAUL over Villanova (Wed) RATING: 4

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
WINNERS EDGE

NBA

2 units Hawks/Bucks under 191.5

3 units Trail Blazers/ Celtics over 180.5 ( total of the week )

CBB

2 units Duke - 5.5

1 unit Marshall pk 1

1 unit Mississippi -5

Lockloser

Forum Member
Dec 30, 2005
What happened to giants007 we missed his picks yesterday?

I don't know, but check out the great fade material I have 4 ya. I went 0-5 yesterday!!!:00hour :142smilie :mj07:

My Plays-For Shitz and giggles

Dayton-6
UAB-7
CS North-9.5
Tex A&M-4

yesterday 0-5:scared
all plays 7-9-1:142smilie

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MP8621

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2008
LOOKING FOR
STAN SHARP
ETHAN LAW
SPREITZER GOM
BURNS NHL

GRAZI!
:00hour :00hour :rimshot

noteworthy66

Forum Member
Dec 26, 2007
Bryan Leonard's 9-0 L9

NCAA Basketball Daily Picks
Plays
Matchup: Northeastern at William Mary
Time: 7:00 PM EDT (Wed)

Play: William Mary (-3.5-110)
Line Source: BETUS
Posted on: January 16, 2008 @ 10:58:36 AM EST

736 William & Mary (-) over Northeastern

The Huskies of Northeastern will be playing their 12th of 16 games on the road tonight as they visit William & Mary. They have yet to secure a victory in conference road games posting a 0-2 mark. The Huskies are a poor shooting team that doesn?t have an outside scoring threat. They rank 317th in the country in 3 point shooting percentage. That of course limits their ability in a comeback situation. Northeastern is also a very young squad with no seniors on the roster with their top four minute producers being either freshman or sophomores.

William & Mary have won three straight conference games including back to back road wins at Georgia State and Old Dominion. The Tribe is an improving ballclub and we catch them here laying a small number to a young struggling club. While the Huskies are very young this is a veteran Tribe squad. Four of their top five players in minutes are either juniors or seniors.

Northeastern shoots just 39.8% from the field on the road while the host allows just 38.7% shooting in this building. We simply can?t see a scenario where the less experienced Huskies can control the game here. They haven?t played exceptionally well away from home and William & Mary is on the upswing. The number is simply too short to not back the veteran host.

PLAY WILLIAM & MARY
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member Plays
Matchup: George Washington at Fordham

Play: George Washington (+5-110)
Line Source: BET365
Posted on: January 16, 2008 @ 10:23:04 AM EST

725 George Washington (+) over Fordham

The record setting defensive performance against St Louis could be a springboard for this club which really struggled in non-conference play. But Atlantic 10 action is an entirely different ballgame and a new lease on life for the Colonials who are now 1-0 in conference play. They have owned this series winning 8 straight and 14 of the last 15 meetings, yet they are installed as an underdog here. George Washington allows just 39.7% shooting from the floor and they should own the rebounding edge in this game. Therefore we have the better defensive team who will control the boards yet we are getting points in this match-up.

Fordham has yet to defeat a team of any type of quality this season. They enter with a 6-8 record with victories over Columbia, Central Missouri State, Manhattan, Hofstra, New Jersey Tech and Binghamton. None of those victories were against teams ranked in the top 200 in the nation, yet they are a sizable favorite tonight. Against teams in the top 200 ranking the Rams closest defeat was by 4 points here to NC Greensboro. So we have a club that has been very consistent with their outputs, they play to a certain level, and that level not only isn?t good enough to cover this number, it?s doubtful they will win the game. Both teams are slow paced which means less possessions and fewer points scored which makes each point more valuable for betting purposes. Look for the Colonials to build on their last defensive performance and win in a very low scoring game.

PLAY GEORGE WASHINGTON

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

noteworthy66

Forum Member
Dec 26, 2007
Bullseye's 9-0 L9

NCAA Basketball Daily Picks

Matchup: Michigan at Illinois
Time: 9:00 PM EDT (Wed)

Play: Illinois (-11.0-110)
Posted on: January 16, 2008 @ 10:59:20 AM EST
Michigan lost 54-42 the last time it played Illinois last Feb. 21. The Wolverines, who rely heavily on three-point shooting, will find points (from behind the arc) tough to come by again against the Illini, which plays strong perimeter defense. Michigan is 1-5 on the road and that loan win cam against a young and inexperienced Northwestern squad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member Plays
Matchup: Virginia Tech at Virginia

Play: Virginia (-5.0-110)
Posted on: January 16, 2008 @ 9:44:33 AM EST
Virginia needs to get things turned around after getting routed twice in two games, and Virginia Tech looks to offer that opportunity. The Hokies have won four of their last five games after rallying to get past Maryland, but they have struggled on the road, where they are only 1-4 with losses to Wake Forest and Richmond, among others. Also, Virginia leads this series by a whopping margin of 78-47.

cutigerdoc

Forum Member
Feb 22, 2002
Columbia, SC
I don't know, but check out the great fade material I have 4 ya. I went 0-5 yesterday!!!:00hour :142smilie :mj07:

My Plays-For Shitz and giggles

Dayton-6
UAB-7
CS North-9.5
Tex A&M-4

yesterday 0-5:scared
all plays 7-9-1:142smilie
Lock--does this mean we fade AR??? Tell me it's not so!

Vegas21

Forum Member
Nov 30, 2007
Docs CBB

4 Unit Play. #719 Take Western Michigan -2 ? over Ball State (7:00 pm BSSN)

4 Unit Play. #726 Take Fordham -5 over George Washington (7:00 pm)

4 Unit Play. #755 Take Drake -3 over Bradley (8:05 pm)

4 Unit Play. #758 Take Illinois State -9 ? over Wichita State (8:00 pm)

5 Unit Play. #764 Take Mississippi -5 ? over Florida (8:00 pm LF Sports) Game of the Week.

4 Unit Play. #774 Take Troy -4 over Mid Tenn State (8:00 pm)

4 Unit Play. #781 Take North Carolina -11 over Georgia Tech (9:00 pm ESPN)

Vegas21

Forum Member
Nov 30, 2007
BRANDON LANG

WEDNESDAY

10 Dime - Dayton
5 Dime - Ole Miss
5 Dime - Fordham
5 Dime - Texas A&M

Free Pick - Trail Blazers

Vegas21

Forum Member
Nov 30, 2007
Ferringo
5-Unit Play. Take #764 Mississippi (-5) over Florida (8 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 16)
Note: This line has moved since I've posted it. But off the hook if you can, but I would recommend playing it for 4.5 Units at -5.5 and 4.0 Units at 6.0.

Frankly, I just don?t think Florida is any good. They still have next to zero experience on the road and Ole Miss can be a daunting place to play. The Gators got hammered at Ohio State and they were getting hammered in Alabama in their only true road tests. They eventually won in ?Bama, but that?s because ?Bama stinks. The Rebels have size to complicate matters for and there are two key Ole Miss players ? David Huertas and Chris Warren ? who have a little revenge factor against the Gators. The home team is 7-3 ATS in this series and the favorite is 5-1. Also, UF is just 1-5 ATS in its last six on the road.

3.5-Unit Play. Take #738 Virginia (-5) over Virginia Tech (7 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 16)
The Cavaliers should be primed for a bounceback performance tonight against their in-state rival. Virginia is coming off two blowouts in two of the toughest venues in the country ? at Duke and at Xavier ? and a little home cooking should help them regain their wayward shooting touch. VT is shooting 39.6 percent in its last four road games and they are 3-7 ATS in their L10 as a visitor. The Cavs are 5-0 ATS at home in this series, 5-1 ATS in the L6 meetings, the favorite is 6-2 ATS in the L8 meetings and the home team has covered four straight. I sense some desperation out of UVA and I?ll take their experience over the youthful Hokies.

2-Unit Play. Take #785 DePaul (+11) over Villanova (9 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 16)
The Blue Demons handled the Wildcats in Chicago and Nova is 0-5 ATS in its last five games. DePaul is 5-2 ATS in its last seven conference games and a win at St. John?s over the weekend certainly showed some maturity for this senior-laden club. I think this number is about four points heavy and we should be able to sneak in this one through the backdoor.

2-Unit Play. Take #751 Delaware (+12.5) over VCU (7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 16)
Yes, the Blue Hens are due for a letdown after two thrilling overtime wins at home against two of the best teams in the conference. However, this spread is about six points thick. The Rams haven?t been blowing out bad teams at home, beating Hofstra and Georgia State by an average of just six points and failing to cover the spread by a combined 20.5 points. VCU is 7-15-1 ATS at home against a team with a losing road record, and while I think they win tonight I don?t know if it?s going to be a 15- or 18- point blowout.

2-Unit Play. Take #753 South Carolina (+10.5) over Arkansas (8 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 16)
As I?ve been saying: I don?t trust any SEC team laying this many points. The Gamecocks have hung around with some decent teams this year, losing to USC, N.C. State, George Mason, Clemson, Baylor and Vandy by an average of 6.5 points. They have also beat Penn State and Providence. They aren?t an awful team and I think they can hang around an Arkansas team that just doesn?t put games away.

2-Unit Play. Take #726 Fordham (-5) over George Washington (7 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 16)
Note: This line has moved since I've posted it. But off the hook if you can, but I would recommend playing it for 1.0 Unit at -6 and 1.5 Units at 5.5. No play over -6.

I think it?s time for the Fordham seniors to step up. They were pretty game last weekend against Xavier but were overmatched in the second half. Now they return home after three brutal road games to face a young, inconsistent GW club that has been awful on the road. The Colonials are 3-12-1 ATS on the road and the favorite is 4-1-1 ATS in this series.

to1

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2007
Wolkosky Milan

413-312-15 last one hundred fourty two days
83-43-2 last twenty four days!
31-12 last ten days!
3-0 Monday!
3-0 Yesterday!

Today:

10* CHARLOTTE +1?
10* SEATTLE +11
10* GS/IND UNDER 223

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

peppermillrick

Registered
Forum Member
Drew Gordon

Drew Gordon

Drew Gordon
Today's Games...

1. 300,000♦ Depaul
2. 50,000♦ Delaware
3. 50,000♦ Trailblazers

1. Depaul- What Depaul team have oddsmakers been watching?! Maybe during their atrocious 2-7 start you could justify making the Blue Demons double-digit dogs in this spot, but not now, not when they've won 5 of their last 6 games SU and 4 of their last 5 ATS!
Clearly, the Blue Demons have found their chemistry, and the results are there for everyone to see, especially on the defense end. Depaul was losing games in the early season thanks to a lack of consistent defensive intensity, but over their last 5 games they're surrendering 67 ppg on 42% shooting. That's a marked jump from their season averages of 75 ppg allowed on 44% shooting. Just ask Villanova's star G Scottie Reynolds how good this Depaul defense is, as he struggled in their last meeting January 3rd (4 for 12 shooting, 11 points, 4 turnovers).
Probably the biggest match up issue the Wildcats have is in the frontcourt, as despite being cleared, 6'10 C Drummond is not expected to play. Note that in their last match up, Depaul's froncourt of Koshwal, Clarke, and Green combined for 39 points (all 3 in double-figures) and 25 rebounds, dominating the paint. In other words, the Wildcats could desperately use Drummond in this match up, but since he's not expected to play, the Wildcats are again at a disadvantage down-low.
Finally, although it took him a while, coach Wainwright has his boys playing harder than at any other point this season. Their 60-54 outright upset at St. John's is a perfect example of a team firing on all cylinders, even in hostile territory, thanks to excellent chemistry. Some teams react to losses by losing more, other teams learn from their mistakes and flourish, Depaul falls in the latter group.
Bottom line, the edge in the frontcourt is key in this match up, because it opens up the court for G Draelon Burns, making this Depaul offense a lot more dynamic. Although the Wildcats will be playing for revenge, their going to have to beat a Depaul defense that's playing excellent team basketball right now. While 'Nova may win this game, it'll be a hell of a lot closer than the guys in Vegas want you to believe.
Take Depaul plus the points over Villanova as your top-rated play of the day.

2. Delaware- I freely admit I was down on this Delaware team early on, but after watching them beat their last 4 opponents OUTRIGHT, I'm a big enough man to admit I was wrong about the Blue Hens. Overtime wins against George Mason and Old Dominion can only serve to solidify this team further as they travel to face-off with a VCU team that's been far from impressive of late.
Everywhere I read this Rams team is considered an "offensive juggeraut," but where's the proof? Over their last 5 games they're averaging a very pedestrian 64 ppg on 41% shooting... Not exactly burning any barns down. Guys, over the same span the Blue Hens have actually been averaging more points (65 ppg L5), led by some real impressive games from F Herb Courtney, including a 27-point 11 rebound effort against Old Domnion in his last one.
The Rams defense is no joke, but when you're spotting the Blue Hens this many points, its hard for me to believe they can't keep this game within the lumber, especially when you consider Delaware's recent play, which has been nothing short of outstanding. There's little to stop Courtney down-low, and the Delaware guards have been shooting well enough to make VCU pay for keying on their talented forward.
Bottom line, while the Rams almost assuredly win this game at home, the Blue Hens have proven over their last 4 games that they can hang with any team in the CAA. The fact VCU is a big favorite here is based on pereception, but the reality is Delaware is playing solid basketball and they'll bring home the cash in this one.
Take Delaware plus the points over VCU in this CAA match up.

3. Trailblazers- Do I really need to tell you how well this Portland team is playing right now? Winners of 18 of their last 20 games and holding the best pointspread mark in the NBA at 24-13-1, they're a cash-machine and playing like it! Critics however are quick to say they won't be "sneaking up" on anybody anymore, but that's a BS way of not giving credit when credit is due. In fact, its the Celtics who are dealing with issues right now...
While everyone is concentrating on the fact the Celtics have lost consecutive games for the first time this season, I'm more concerned with the fact their offense is struggling mightily right now. Boston is averaging a very un-Boston-like 84 ppg on 43% shooting over their last 5 games, and is a big reason why they've lost 3 of their last 4 games SUATS.
If you're expecting the Celtics to break out of their slump tonight, you might be left disappointed, as the Blazers defense is not only more athletic, but also playing very well, allowing just 95 ppg over their last 5. If the Blazers can lock down offenses like the Warriors (91 points) and Jazz (89 points) over the last week or so, then they can limit an already struggling Celtics offense.
Another factor to consider is the injury to Ramon Rondo, who's listed as questionable with a sore back. The last thing this Boston offense needs is to lose their starting point guard, especially when their depth at the position is terrible. Even if he does play, he'll need to be 100% to effectively combat a very athletic Portland defense.
Bottom line, if you're underestimating this Portland team, shame on you! They've done nothing but win and tonight they face a suddenly struggling Boston team, that's absolutely ripe for the pickings. Boston will likely win this game with a strong defensive effort, but because of their offensive woes, expect this game to be closer than expected. Blazers grab the cash Wednesday night in Boston!
Take the Trailblazers plus the points over the Celtics in this NBA match up.

MP8621

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2008
Wolkosky Milan

413-312-15 last one hundred fourty two days
83-43-2 last twenty four days!
31-12 last ten days!
3-0 Monday!
3-0 Yesterday!

Today:

10* CHARLOTTE +1?
10* SEATTLE +11