Wed. Services 1/16

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Larry Ness

Weekly Wipeout Winner-CBB (12-5 CBB run / won last CBB Wipeout Winner 92-66!)
My Weekly Wipeout Winner is on Georgia at 7:30 ET. Dennis Felton has left little doubt that the past abuses of the Georgia basketball program (see the mess left by Jim Harrick and Son!) are just that, in the past. Forward Takais Brown, Georgia's leading scorer in 2006-07, was kicked off the team before this season even started. Then, guard Mike Mercer, the team's second-leading scorer last season and most athletically gifted player, was shown the door shortly thereafter. So what do the Bulldogs have left? Plenty, especially when playing in Athens. Georgia's backcourt is both talented and deep. Humphrey (13.5) leads the team in scoring, while the 6-1 Gaines (13.0-5.9-4.6) leads the team in both rebounds and assists. Woodbury (8.9) completes the starting trio on the perimeter, while the 6-10 Bliss (6.7-4.5) and the 6-9 Price (9.1-4.6) typically join the starting lineup. Guards Brewer, Swansey and Butler add about 13.0 PPG to the mix. Meanwhile, Alabama has no real backcourt at all. PG Steele has taken a medical redshirt and while the 6-6 Gee (16.8-8.1) and the 6-6 Riley (13.8-4.5) have been used as guards, they are both really small forwards. The 6-9 Hendrix (19.2-10.5) will be a tough matchup inside for the Bulldogs but Alabama's weakness on the perimeter, will be its downfall. The Tide have played just three true road games this year (only win was at Mercer) and enter this game 1-3 in their last four (win was over Chicago St). Georgia is 8-0 SU at home, including wins over Wake (72-50) and last Weds vs Ga Tech (79-72). Note that Alabama is 0-4 SU this year in the role of the underdog and WON'T stay close enough against Georgia in this setting, to cover.

Weekly Wipeout Winner
Georgia

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
The ban may just be temporary. I read a few posts where he went off on a few members so jack usually tells people to chill with a day ban -

Oh well, we will have to see tomorrow -

thanks MMST.

2 more days

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Dr Bob

3 Star Selection
Chicago (+3 ?) over MIAMI
16-Jan-08 04:05 PM Pacific Time
Shaquille O?Neal returns tonight for the Heat, but Miami is not going to suddenly be a decent team. The key to Miami the last couple of years has been Alonzo Mourning serving as a very good backup for O?Neal and Mourning retired after getting hurt on December 19th. Miami was 1.6 points worse than an average team in 16 games with O?Neal, Wade and Mourning all playing, but they were 6.5 points worse than average in 5 games with O?Neal and Wade but without Mourning. In 8 games without O?Neal and Mourning the Heat have been 10.2 points worse than average, so Miami will be better than they?ve been the last 8 games but they won?t approach mediocrity without Mourning to backup O?Neal and I rate the Heat at 5.3 points worse than average team with their current personnel. Chicago rates at 3.9 points worse than average for the season, but they are only 2.4 points worse than average when Luol Deng is playing (they were horrible in the games he has missed). I favor Miami by only 2 points in this game after adjusting for Chicago having played last night, and the Bulls apply to a very strong 69-15-2 ATS road bounce-back situation. Kirk Hinrich is out for Chicago and Andres Nocioni is listed as questionable, but the Hinrich is having a poor season and the Bulls have been better when Nocioni is not on the floor this season. Miami is just 6-20 ATS in all games this season when not getting at least 7 points, including 1-8 ATS as a home favorite. 3-Stars at +2 or more, 2-Stars at +1 1/2 or +1.

COLLEGE
2 Star Selection
DREXEL (-6) over Georgia State
16-Jan-08 04:30 PM Pacific Time
Drexel has been a disappointing team so far and the Dragons are just 4-10 ATS. However, there comes a point in the season in which teams that have horrible spread records can become good bets and this is the case with Drexel tonight. The Dragons apply to an 83-33-3 ATS subset of a 391-235-10 ATS situation that plays on teams with bad pointspread records. Drexel has played much better at home than they have on the road and Bruiser Flint?s team is 14-4 ATS in his 7 seasons in home games following a loss. My ratings actually favor Drexel by 6 points in this game, so they don?t appear to be overrated anymore.
2-Stars at -6 or less.

Opinion
Florida Atlantic (+17 ?) over WESTERN KENTUCKY
16-Jan-08 05:00 PM Pacific Time
Western Kentucky is now 11-38-2 ATS in conference games after a win in 5 seasons under coach Darrin Horn, including 5-32-2 ATS if the Hilltoppers are coming off a win of 5 points or more. Florida Atlantic covered all 3 times against Western Kentucky last season, including a straight up win as a 15 point dog here in Bowling Green, and the Owls are 3-0 ATS as a double-digit dog under coach Rex Walters. Unfortunately, the line has come down from +19 points to +17 ? points and I?m only willing to take 18 or more in a Best Bet. OPINION - 2-Star Best Bet at +18 or more only.

3 Star Selection
Tulane (+6 ?) over TULSA
16-Jan-08 06:00 PM Pacific Time
Tulane is coming off a couple of losses, but the Green Wave apply to a very good 109-39-2 ATS road bounce-back situation tonight and my ratings favor Tulsa by just 5 ? points. The line on this game opened at 5 points and has gone up to 6 ? points, so we have some line value to go along with the good situation. Tulsa is coming off a loss, but the Hurricane are just 2-8 ATS in conference home games after a loss under coach Wojcik. 3-Stars at +6 or more, 2-Stars at +5 1/2 or +5 points.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Giacomo

Forum Member
May 27, 2007
Is Ic Indiana play in CBB or NBA?

Anyone see Gavazzi tonite? his freebie is

Tulane

Giacomo

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Accu-Picks

5* Hst. U
4* Fla St
3* drake
3* Fla Int'l
3* Utah U.
4* Orlando
3* Boston

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Stan Sharp

CBB Sides
double-dime bet Tulane +5.5 (-110) vs Tulsa
TAKE TULANE as STAN'S COLLEGE UNDERDOG BIG BET OF THE WEEK and make them a DOUBLE DIME PLAY

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

cutigerdoc

Forum Member
Feb 22, 2002
Columbia, SC
cutiger...I jst noticed something...Thank God you didn't go to South Carolina or your name would be USCCockDoc:142smilie :mj07: :142smilie :mj07: :142smilie
Bad thing is ..... I do live in Columbia!!! But I'm serious about AR's run...I was with him 10-0..but the Baylor - South Carolina game did it..they were up by 22 in the game and LOST! Now AR is roughly 50-50 since that game! We call it the Chicken Curse!

I am with you on riding things out...AR will prevail!!

cutigerdoc

Forum Member
Feb 22, 2002
Columbia, SC
Jack--He (Giants) really did add a lot to this forum but did get "sidetracked" a little here lately. I do appreciate everyone's contribution....giants, lock, eddie, to1, duke and the rest....thanks for all the info!!! :cool:

Lockloser

Forum Member
Dec 30, 2005
Jack--He (Giants) really did add a lot to this forum but did get "sidetracked" a little here lately. I do appreciate everyone's contribution....giants, lock, eddie, to1, duke and the rest....thanks for all the info!!! :cool:

Bump.:SIB

BTW CuTiger...I'm in Rock Hill...wife got Phd at USC...used to work on Hampton St (i think that was it) myself. Too hot in the summers. Really is "Death Valley".

Destructor D

Destructor
Forum Member
Dec 6, 2005
Kansas City, MO
Anyway to limit Giants ban since he's the MVP of the service player forum?

I'm not sure what he did, but he's a valuable asset to this site and posts non-stop.