Wife Broke Her Wrist

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
Saint, I imagine you too your child to a crowded busy ER. Have been to them many times and expect to wait.

BP, this wasa break where the bone ended up on top of itself. It that makes sense. Like a compound but it did not break the skin. A big bump in her skin holding the bones together. The surgeon had to move the bone back in place. We go on Wednesday for an evaluation if she needs surgery or not.

I work on computers. There are times we need to be on call. We can't be on the golf course weekends we are on call. Sorry but my plumber cannot either.

This was not a busy day for them. I dropped her off at the ER door. They met her with a wheelchair. I went to park the car and by the time I got in the ER she was already in Triage. A nurse saw us right away in the room. The ER Doctor followed very shortly and ordered x-rays.

Everything was like clockwork. The four and a half hour wait was from when we got into the ER Room until the surgeon came in the room.

This was a bad break. I fractured my ankle before but this was nothing like that. I could see my fracture not being an emergency but this was.

If my plumber was golfing I would expect him to say sorry guys I got to go. I expect that out of my doctor.

Health and DENTAL care in this country has gone to Hell. I know why we got Obama Care and we didn't get it because everything was all rosey. I am saying it is still terrible.

well then that is shitty, if he wasn't jacking around then what was he doing?

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
Sure buddy. I had to take my son to an Urgent Care on the 4th of July. It took 3 hours to be seen. I patiently waited, and taught him how to patiently wait, instead of pissing and moaning about the terrible state of healthcare in the country. People have lost the ability to simply wait without getting their panties in a wad.
And yet there you are in that very post I left a link to pissing and moaning about a long wait time for health care.

The fact is your post is bullshit and so are you. You always have been. It was a dick post and so is the one I quoted in this post. You didn't show anyone how to wait patiently nor do I even believe you were at a care facility a couple weeks ago. Because your bullshit and always will be.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

REFLOG

Forum Member
Nov 17, 2002
The Dogpound
I'm not quite sure what you want to hear. Do you think he was upstairs in the on-site surgeon entertainment villa just hanging out and laughing about your 30 minute estimates? He was busy with other patients. He probably was in surgery. Some surgeries, especially in orthopedics, can have a huge range in case time. What may seem like a simple 2 hour surgery can stretch to 4-5 and they don't know it until they get in the mix. When he was paged he may have thought he could get to you in 30 minutes. Then other more pressing stuff can come up. It's called triage- the other treatment needs may have exceeded your wife's wrist on their level of urgency. Good grief.

Saint, Ive never had nothin bad to say about you and never really disagree, but that was a shit post, wtf man

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Just an update from the bone surgeon. The real one not the assistant who set her arm. I asked him if this was a bad break and he said yes this is considered a bad break. It could be 6 to 8 months before she is back.
He did not do too much today. He basically looked at it through the soft cast and looked at the x-rays taken at the hospital before and after it was set.

He said he didn't want to unwrap it now because the whole thing might explode. She has feeling in her fingers and is in only slight pain. So he wants to wait until next week to take another x-ray, with the cast on. It most likely will be 2 and a half weeks before he puts her in a hard cast. Right now her whole arm is wrapped right up to her arm pit. Wrapped as in a soft cast. Thick as Hell. And she is in a sling. A real pain in the ass. lol! I laugh because I am doing all the heavy lifting here! I feel sorry for myself. :facepalm:

So that's were we stand but also it confirms to myself that this was a major break and the four and a half hour wait was nuts.

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
It's just absurd to blame the wait on Obamacare

Not at the hospital I'm working in or based on what I've seen elsewhere. The ER is a joke and full of people with non-emergent needs who all have their handy dandy Obamacare Medicaid. Most arrive by EMS too no matter their ailment bc they aren't paying for it.

Amethyest

Myth Legend
Forum Member
Apr 15, 2001
Imagine folks hurt and want to be helped....the nerve of them....Still can't understand why certain countries ( let's take Canada for example ) would want to help and insure that there citizens are taken care of....Anyone have a reason for this?....( smile ) [emoji1063]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
Imagine folks hurt and want to be helped....the nerve of them....Still can't understand why certain countries ( let's take Canada for example ) would want to help and insure that there citizens are taken care of....Anyone have a reason for this?....( smile ) [emoji1063]

And all the good Canadian doctors come to the States, and you have to wait 16 months for an elective surgery. The rich Canadians come across the border for surgery.

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
And all the good Canadian doctors come to the States, and you have to wait 16 months for an elective surgery. The rich Canadians come across the border for surgery.
The states have excellent medical schools brother, doctors from everywhere often take their schooling here. There may be a wait for elective surgery in Canada, yet hers would not be elective. I don't know why the collective argument against universally available health care is always that it won't work here or the wait is too long, etc.... The facts don't bear that out.
Just sayin

ChrryBlstr

Forum Member
Feb 11, 2002
Hoosier country

The above is an incorrect categorization. I most definitely wouldn't list the ones moving down there as "all the good Canadian doctors," but certainly, there are many who do choose that option as they are primarily driven by monetary gain above all else. And yes, many wealthy citizens also choose the southern route for convenience and because they can. And your number regarding the amount of time a citizen has to wait is, of course, erroneous and greatly exaggerated. Here are two reports that provide a more accurate assessment of wait times, despite being negative in their tone.

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/stu...waiting-182-weeks-surgery-no-improvement-2013

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/sites/default/files/effect-of-wait-times-on-mortality-in-canada.pdf

However, no one is denied help or turned away because they can't afford it. Similarly, very rarely are families bankrupted due to one's illness. So there's that as well. Just sayin'....

Peace! :)

Bub

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 29, 2016
Sorry to hear that Stevie D

Hope her wrist heals soon bruh

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
The states have excellent medical schools brother, doctors from everywhere often take their schooling here. There may be a wait for elective surgery in Canada, yet hers would not be elective. I don't know why the collective argument against universally available health care is always that it won't work here or the wait is too long, etc.... The facts don't bear that out.
Just sayin

I'm for a system where all able bodied people work and pay their own way.

The above is an incorrect categorization. I most definitely wouldn't list the ones moving down there as "all the good Canadian doctors," but certainly, there are many who do choose that option as they are primarily driven by monetary gain above all else. And yes, many wealthy citizens also choose the southern route for convenience and because they can. And your number regarding the amount of time a citizen has to wait is, of course, erroneous and greatly exaggerated. Here are two reports that provide a more accurate assessment of wait times, despite being negative in their tone.

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/stu...waiting-182-weeks-surgery-no-improvement-2013

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/sites/default/files/effect-of-wait-times-on-mortality-in-canada.pdf

However, no one is denied help or turned away because they can't afford it. Similarly, very rarely are families bankrupted due to one's illness. So there's that as well. Just sayin'....

Peace! :)

Nobody is denied here either for emergencies. I exaggerated some yes, but mainly my post was a retort to Amethest bragging lol.

Amethyest

Myth Legend
Forum Member
Apr 15, 2001
Subject....Bragging....

Nay.... ( Smile ) [emoji1063]

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
I'm for a system where all able bodied people work and pay their own way.

Nobody is denied here either for emergencies. I exaggerated some yes, but mainly my post was a retort to Amethest bragging lol.
Okay just tell me how you plan on making that possible. How many surgeries can a family of two adults pay for at $7.00 an hour? How much is an inhaler or cipro without insurance?

If you're asserting you want everyone to pony up for the must expensive average health care in the world, tell me how that's even remotely possible? I'll hang up and listen for your answer.

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
That is the problem that no one is talking about. Health care i too expensive. We have to get the costs down. Canadian doctors moving here to make more money. That should tell you all you need to know.

Bub

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 29, 2016
That is the problem that no one is talking about. Health care i too expensive. We have to get the costs down. Canadian doctors moving here to make more money. That should tell you all you need to know.

Its a shame that health care has become a business

You cannot trust doctors these days

They no longer have our best interest in mind

theGibber1

Forum Member
Aug 27, 2001
Dallas TX
Just an update from the bone surgeon. The real one not the assistant who set her arm. I asked him if this was a bad break and he said yes this is considered a bad break. It could be 6 to 8 months before she is back.
He did not do too much today. He basically looked at it through the soft cast and looked at the x-rays taken at the hospital before and after it was set.

He said he didn't want to unwrap it now because the whole thing might explode. She has feeling in her fingers and is in only slight pain. So he wants to wait until next week to take another x-ray, with the cast on. It most likely will be 2 and a half weeks before he puts her in a hard cast. Right now her whole arm is wrapped right up to her arm pit. Wrapped as in a soft cast. Thick as Hell. And she is in a sling. A real pain in the ass. lol! I laugh because I am doing all the heavy lifting here! I feel sorry for myself. :facepalm:

So that's were we stand but also it confirms to myself that this was a major break and the four and a half hour wait was nuts.

He didnt take her out of her soft cast??? That scares me a bit.. Either way I would get a second opinion.. Most likely she will end up with pins and surgery.. Which in the long run is probably better anyway even with the longer recovery

Good luck:toast:

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
He didnt take her out of her soft cast??? That scares me a bit.. Either way I would get a second opinion.. Most likely she will end up with pins and surgery.. Which in the long run is probably better anyway even with the longer recovery

Good luck:toast:

I took her into the surgeon yesterday and he took an x-ray through the soft cast. He said it is not healing correctly and suggested surgery.

I should not be surprised but have been waiting all day for the Surgery Coordinator or whatever to get back to us with the date.

Bet on MyBookie