World Championship

AussieVamp2

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2000
nice to see Bjorn put in the elcraperooskie round

but speaking of this, what about a punt on Campbell? Odds are reasonable?

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
3rd rd @5dimes
May -120 over Triplett
Flesch -120 over Langer

Thanks for weather update.Dangerous getting up this time of day,bars are just letting out.
smile.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ian

Forum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Exeter UK
www.sportsbettingindex.com
On a note of interest I know I don't play them but OLY have got Westwood at +150
over Monty today I would say it is a lot closer than that
Any one who saw Montys round will note he holed from the fairway for one eagle and had a hole in one for another after last weeks hole in one how much luck can one man have?
Westwood on the other hand seems to come alive at the weekend
Just my thoughts for anyone interested

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Ian Saw that. Don't know if you are aware but oly matches are a different breed. They are for remainder of tourny which would give Monty a 2 stroke spot.That being considered still might be worth a play.

Ian

Forum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Exeter UK
DTB
Thanks for that I have only just opened an account with them and was not aware of that
Important lesson always read the smallprint,glad I didn't have a bet although I still think there was a bit of value even for the remainder of the tournament

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Glad to help.I found out intially the hard way.lol Really like them as a book especially for props and Stans soccer plays.
I went back and took small flyer on him despite being 2 down.

Golf - WGC Amex Championship Nov 12, 2000 - Match Ups
1. Lee Westwood vs Colin Montgomerie Lee Westwood +150 Pending

Also took minor position there on Stans outrights of Westwood and Price @ 17/1 and 30/1 initially.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
3rd round plays split
Flesch defeats Langer by 3
May loses to Triplett by 1

Thanks for redirecting me to Westwood Ian.No happy face yet but 3 up looks much better than 2 down.

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
3rd round update: 4-2-0 and +3.33 units

Disappointing losses with Han - another pick to suffer a spectacular late collapse - and Price whose ball-striking was very poor though Tanaka was quite a revelation today. Fairly easy wins on the other four though: Calc won by three, Westwood by eight, Monty by three and Leonard by three.

72-hole plays still stand 4-0-1 with one decided: Campbell leads Bjorn by six, Price leads Bjorn by nine, Westwood leads Clarke by six and Monty is now tied with Leonard. Reasonable chance of a place finish with Westwood; not sure of that with Price now when it was looking good for a great 40/1 win on the outrights at the start of the day.

Round 4 plays will probably not be posted until early tomorrow morning.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
4th round plays:

Steve Flesch +.5 strokes to beat Nic Henning -120 @ Five Dimes [2 units]
Colin Montgomerie to beat Steve Flesch -110 @ Moneyplays
Colin Montgomerie to beat Chris Perry -130 @ Olympic
Colin Montgomerie +.5 strokes to beat Jose Coceres @ Five Dimes
Miguel Angel Jimenez to beat Carlos Franco -110 @ Moneyplays
Miguel Angel Jimenez to beat Jose Maria Olazabal -115 @ Five Dimes
Lee Westwood to beat Bob May -130 @ Olympic [2 units]
Nick Price to beat Duffy Waldorf -120 @ Moneyplays
Nick Price to beat Mike Weir -125 @ Sportfanatik

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Appears from leaderboard you all are watching one hell of a finishing round.As with yesterday we here in the states can't watch it till this afternoon.Haven't left office yet but yesterday when I got home flipped it on channel to see what was airing that would be so important as to air delayed event and quess what was on.Cartoons
rolleyes.gif

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
4th round 0-1
May again loses to Triplett.
Incidently yours truely picked the 2 days Mays lost and not the 2 he beat him.

4-2 on week 229-196 ytd

Appears my comrades here had all bases covered with 1st and 2nd going to England and Canada
wink.gif

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Final update: 5-5 and +0.90 units for the day; 19-12-1 and +5.58 units for the week

What a finish! Westwood in the water at the 17th, Price in the water twice - was glad to break even on the day after such disasters, particularly after they were outright plays as well
rolleyes.gif
Price's finish of triple-bogey - single-bogey meant winning positions against Waldorf & Weir evaporated to three-shot losses to both, while Colin Montgomerie was the only other pick to lose. Expected playing for pride to return a round like Garcia's 64 today, but not to be.

The remaining results: Flesch/Henning 4 up; Monty/Flesch 6 down; Monty/Perry 3 down; Monty/Coceres 4 down; Jimenez/Franco 6up; Jimenez/Olazabal 1 up; Westwood/May 5 up; Westwood/Singh 1 up. Meant the opening day 3-unit losses on Woods & Westwood were cancelled out by wins on the next three rounds for finish this week's 18-hole plays in the black.

The 72-hole plays finished 4-0-1: Campbell/Bjorn 11 up; Price/Bjorn 12 up; Westwood/Clarke 9 up; Monty/Leonard all square and the Singh's victory Els secured on the first day. Good way to close the PGA & WGC season.

Update on outright plays: 2-1 and +2.00 units

Westwood finished 2nd despite going in the water on the 17th, but Weir probably had too much control to let his lead slip anyway so just a place finish for him. Price was just one shot behind Weir after 16 holes and was his most serious challenger, but to drop four shots in the last two holes and finish in a tie for 5th place with three other players meant just a small reward for a place finish when he deserved much more
frown.gif
Monty disappointed and finished in 25th position.

Back next week with the Johnnie Walker Classic - the 1st event of the 2001 European Tour season
confused.gif
Need to reach that 200-unit mark for the year
wink.gif

PGA/WGC ytd:
Matchups/props: 502-415; +82.18 units
Outright plays: 11-58; -12.39 units
[European Tour ytd: +119.58 units]

Ian

Forum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Exeter UK
Stan
I would love to say yes I did but I didn't really think he would make the top 5
frown.gif

But altogether it was very entertaining and a fairly profitable end to the season
Westwood 16-1 2nd
Luckily Woods' bogey at the last brought the plays on Price 50-1 and Harrington 33-1 back to life for a small profit
smile.gif

The only 72 hole match bets I played were Westwood over Langer and Harrington over Olazabal
smile.gif

Had the 2 nice scalps in the 1st round
smile.gif

And the icing on the cake was I backed Campbell way back to finish top 4 OOM at 20-1 and today he overtook Bjorn
biggrin.gif

Bet on MyBookie