Age Related

spanky2

Forum Member
Feb 23, 2001
toronto,canada
Spanky is full-value 48 but feel 19.Quit smokin'all things smokable ,have the odd beer or six,still love the action,but I have learned one important thing regarding gambling; bet only what you can afford.In my 20's I used to bet like a fool,it took a long time to learn, but we need to have some kind of Money Management or say good-by to everything you own.Anyway, luck to all and more important good health to you and yours(it's a hell of alot more important than sports scores,right Fletcher?? hope you are better as each day passes)..Spanky....

dc

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Summerville, SC
Seems I'm one of the "older guys" at 48...sheesh, how'd I get to be this age? In SOME things, I still have the same approach to life that I did when I was 21.

But that's ok...my ge-ge-generation had:

1) a lot of good music that served as a catalyst (or a backdrop..depending on your point of view) for one of the biggest and swiftest cultural changes in modern history. Woodstock, as well as other events like it, is still clearly etched in my memory.

2) Free Love (no AIDS..yippee!)

3) Idealism...true, a very naive idealism, but what the heck, we cared about SOMETHING..(Draft Beer..Not Students!) Really did think "Love" could change the world.

Now...Of course we had a lot of not so good stuff (Vietnam, heavy drug and alcohol use that led many into addiction, returning Vets treated like diseased dogs..etc., etc)...but when you get older, it's your prerogative to have selective memory.
wink.gif

STANDARD DISCLAIMER: Most of the above is said tongue-in-cheek and is NOT intended to promote or condone unsafe (or otherwise craaaazy) behavior of any kind, anger, hurt feelings, or nausea. (Kids...do not try this at home.)

I mean...I even wear a suit and tie to work these days, have a mortgage, go to church, pay my taxes, the whole nine yards!! Arrrggghhh...I've become part of the establishment I protested against!!

Oh yeah?? Well, in the deep canyons of what's left of my blown mind I can still hear the echo of "Inna Godda Da Vida, Baby....doot, doot, doo-doo, do, doot"..so maybe there's hope yet.

Peace, Love, and Happiness,

-dc

[This message has been edited by dc (edited 07-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by dc (edited 07-02-2001).]

PILOT

Forum Member
Nov 3, 1999
Jensen Beach, Florida
61. August 31 makes me 62 & eligible for SS. I guess that makes Mad Jack Sr. & myself the "Senior Senior" members of the forum. Looking forward to meeting all of you at the Super Bowl get together in January.

[This message has been edited by PILOT (edited 07-03-2001).]

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Ryno you going to do us a favor and put this in order. Do it by age if name takes to much work. It would be heck of alot nicer. You seem very interested in it.

Bet on MyBookie