August MMA News

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
I'm shocked a MW was their best choice to fight Jones. Saying that, I'll agree with Sponge in saying that Vitor has a better shot at him than Hendo. Maybe Vitors hand speed can do something we haven't seen. Evans caught him early and IMO Jones wasn't quick enough. Vitor has way faster hands than Evans doesn. And please don't argue with me, I don't think he'll beat Jones but I didn't think Hendo had a chance either.

BUCSnotYUCKS

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 6, 2007
Ohio but not a Buckeye
Hendo had the 1 factor that I think that all of Jones other opponents didn't have. NO RESPECT. What I mean by that is, Hendo doesn't over respect the guy, and isn't going to be afraid of him no matter what. Hendo isn't afraid to eat a shot to land a punch. I can't say Vitor is a better fight just because of the speed, because Hendo had the CHIN + POWER on his advantage. All I know is I hope someone knocks that arrogant fuck off his high horse.

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
Sponge is right. It's not Jones fault that the UFC was not strong enough to stand on it's own. Also, where's everyone talking shit about Machida now? He had a lot more notice than Jones and still won't fight him. Some of you need to use your heads, for a title fight you want to be 100% prepaared.

Machida needs to be 100% prepared because if he loses, this is it for him and Jon Jones.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
At least Belfort stepped up....Machida chickened out and ran away. Not sure why Henderson would say anything bad about the fight. Makes no sense:shrug:

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
At least Belfort stepped up....Machida chickened out and ran away. Not sure why Henderson would say anything bad about the fight. Makes no sense:shrug:

Machida wasn't prepared. If he loses a 2nd time to Jones, he won't sniff another shot at Jones. Smart move on his part. Belfort has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
Edgar Aldo is very interesting. 5 rounder makes this something to think about. I know Edgar isn't going to go away but I have some concerns with Aldo during the late rounds.

BUCSnotYUCKS

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 6, 2007
Ohio but not a Buckeye

Machida and Shogun turning down the fight on that little time notice is smart. Either of them lose, they have no choice but to move down to middle weight.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
I can't wait for this fight Aldo/Frankie. All this talk about Aldo's take-down defence is comical. Taking guys down isn't even Frankies game. It is all about timing with his takedowns. He took down Hendo, BJ, and Maynard and now all the sudden he can't take down Aldo. Frankie gets this into the third he wins this fight in my opinion. Is Aldo's kicks really that much better than Henderson's? I doubt it.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Wow...Sponge actually looks forward to a fight.:scared

Pretty shocking considering he bashes every MMA fight.

Bet on MyBookie