Boxing 12/16 - 12/19

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
fight in rd 5...no stream for me but appears to be a pretty good one.

Fightwriter

Forum Member
Mar 9, 2008
Rd. 11 ... Valdez was coming back well, had Cermeno under pressure and C. had a point off in 11th for using his knee,but then Cermeno launched a desperate attack and had V. hurt and wobbly, dropped him hard, V. up but fight correctly waved over. ... V.'s suspect chin him lets him down again, just when the fight looked winnable. 2:40 of 11th, over hits.

Andrey

Forum Member
Aug 28, 2005
4th negative week for me in the row. Valdez was my major bet. When this negative streak will end?

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
Rd. 11 ... Valdez was coming back well, had Cermeno under pressure and C. had a point off in 11th for using his knee,but then Cermeno launched a desperate attack and had V. hurt and wobbly, dropped him hard, V. up but fight correctly waved over. ... V.'s suspect chin him lets him down again, just when the fight looked winnable. 2:40 of 11th, over hits.

You're right. It looked like he was in control and walking Cermeno down. But he lost concentration and got macho and paid the price. Surprised by the last turn of events.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
RESULT
from Nicaragua
you were right Graham......the Filipino pulled it off !

The Filipino is Johnreil Casimero agency's interim flyweight title World Boxing Organization (WBO), stopping in the 11th round Colombian former champion Cesar Canchila, one of the fiercest fighting of the bill in honor of Alexis Arguello, which were organized at the Estadio Nacional Denis Mart?nez, from Managua, Nicaragua. Although the fight was quite cold in the eighth round Casimero sent to the canvas with a powerful right Canchila as flown and submitted it to his knock, but could not cut the fight.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
If anybody gets a result on the long awaited Cruz/Castillo fight, PLEASE post!

good winning week regardless of the outcome:00hour

Congrats Pav under backers!!!

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
RESULT
from Venezuela
Valero stops Valazquez in 6

WBC lightweight champion Edwin Valero (26-0, 26 KOs) retained his title by sixth round TKO against H?ctor Vel?zquez (51-14-2, 35 KOs) on Saturday night at the Polideportivo Jose Maria Vargas in La Guaira, Caracas, Venezuela. Vel?zquez did not come out for the seventh round. Valero suffered a cut on the bridge of the nose, but that isn?t expected to cause any problems with his scheduled February 6th fight against Antonio DeMarco in Mexico.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
This means Valero-Demarco is ON !!!!!!!

:00hour :00hour :00hour :00hour :00hour :00hour

The books did me a huge favor not listing the Valero fight and the Soto fight OVER UNDERS

I would have taken UNDER on both

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
For all you boxing guys not into MMA
I suggest you watch the Cung Le-Scott Smith fight that just ended on Showtime

They will replay it at 10 West Coast

One of the greatest things I have ever seen !!!!!!

AMAZING !

Quanah

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2009
ouch! Not a good week here. Shoulda coulda woulda stayed away from the Canchila fight... Congrats to guys who did well...good week to have kept things simple.

Fightwriter

Forum Member
Mar 9, 2008
Re. Filipino

Re. Filipino

RESULT
from Nicaragua
you were right Graham......the Filipino pulled it off !

The Filipino is Johnreil Casimero agency's interim flyweight title World Boxing Organization (WBO), stopping in the 11th round Colombian former champion Cesar Canchila, one of the fiercest fighting of the bill in honor of Alexis Arguello, which were organized at the Estadio Nacional Denis Mart?nez, from Managua, Nicaragua. Although the fight was quite cold in the eighth round Casimero sent to the canvas with a powerful right Canchila as flown and submitted it to his knock, but could not cut the fight.

Thanks Ghost. The Lewkowicz connection that I mentioned in an earlier post raised a red flag re. Canchila, plus the fact that Canchila took a lot of brutal, full-impact shots from Segura. Mickey Duff once told me that when a fighter takes a terrible beating it is a shock to the body like being in a plane crash (obviously assuming one survived the crash).

Fightwriter

Forum Member
Mar 9, 2008
Bullets dodged

Bullets dodged

This means Valero-Demarco is ON !!!!!!!

:00hour :00hour :00hour :00hour :00hour :00hour

The books did me a huge favor not listing the Valero fight and the Soto fight OVER UNDERS

I would have taken UNDER on both

I didn't preview either fight because I thought they would be so one-sided, but, yes, you are so right Ghost, everyone was looking to unload on the unders in these fights and any Soto KO prop that might have been offered. My readers were itching to pull the trigger on those plays, so the books missed out on a killing and the players dodged a couple of bullets. Maybe that was the books giving an early Christmas present Ghost, by letting players off the hook?

Fightwriter

Forum Member
Mar 9, 2008
Valdez-Cermeno

Valdez-Cermeno

You're right. It looked like he was in control and walking Cermeno down. But he lost concentration and got macho and paid the price. Surprised by the last turn of events.

I will be interested to see the scorecards on this one, Kramden, if they are made available to me. I turned down the sound to the barely audible level because I found the commentary so damned distracting and one-sided, but I had a sense that Valdez was closing the gap and that, with Cermeno docked a point, there was a chance that Valdez could have been right in the fight, points wise, if he could have made a strong finish. But you are right, he started getting macho, waving Cermeno to come to him, and Cermeno caught him. I don't think that Cermeno felt he was walking away with the fight by any means. After the point was taken, Cermeno started fighting like a madman, as if he felt it was VERY important to get that point back, and of course Valdez got caught. These slow guys without good head movement should never be dropping their hands and gesturing the other guy to bring it on, especially if, like Valdez, they are unreliable in the chin department.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
report on boxrec says Cruz-Castillo ended with a headbutt.....oh man....this is the last hurdle of the weekend....please tell me Cruz got some sort of TD....please.....

matt19780

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
If anybody gets a result on the long awaited Cruz/Castillo fight, PLEASE post!

[/QUOTE
I second that if anyone has any news on that fight. I have a parlay that is two months old that has Cruz in it. They have postponed this fight 2 or 3 times now and I don't think it ever takes place. I know there was pre-fight pictures, but I will believe a result when I see it. :D

Bet on MyBookie