Boxing 4/24 - 4/25

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007

This is very disappointing to say the least. I'm a HUGE fan of Kirklands. I just can't understand why these guys can't stay the fck out of trouble. He's on the verge of stardom and million dollar paydays and he does something dumb like that. He had a lock on Dzin this summer...now I'm sure that's in jeopardy. I just hope this doesnt result in a felony conviction. If it does, he fcked. Michael Nunn was the same fcking way. The guy couldn't avoid trouble if he went to the North Pole.

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
sux

james should know better, i'm guessing if he didn't want to be held up with no protection, so he was packing

if you're black, in TEXAS, it's a no brainer, don't carry unlawfully

the cops aren't the fairest in texas, eric moats was fuct with in dallas

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
Kirkland does act like an airhead, its no surprise he'd get into this mess.

Crow and Zerwas, in fairness, the entire planet was wrong about Hoya, and all evidence leading up to the fight suggested an Oscar wipeout. None of us could have predicted he would mess his body up that horribly.

He made a smart analysis of Wright/Williams, but also called Gomez/Klitschko a basically even fight.

The most common flaw I see in his analysis is he gives too much credence to the distant past and not enough on recent changes and unknowns, like new trainers and strategies and such.

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
i was reviewing the froch-pascal fight

from what i saw, he doesn't have what it takes to beat jerman taylor(consistent, smart pressure ala kelly)

jermain should wipe this dude up, froch's hands and footwork are too slow

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
in fairness, the entire planet was wrong about Hoya

Most of us here wrong, but if one looks closer, there were plenty of tell tell signs, like Hoya not training right (Valero).

Dwight makes good points, but sometimes boxing and good sense don't mesh well.

On maxboxing forums, a guy had predicted to the letter weeks in advance what would happen with Hoya trying to go down in weight .

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
well crow, you were right about the Gamboa under wager and I was way off. Maybe it's time I am right on one. Taylor-Froch is still a tough one to call. Line is leaking up on Jermain but that doesn't mean squat.

Spreadking

Forum Member
Mar 16, 2005
I wagered on J.T. already
Taylor has been there done that. Pascal has to be kept in prespective...he's not done much yet.
Taylor went 12 hard with Pavlik at 166, and Froch is no Pavlik brother. Froch is tough and likes to mix it up.....but his skills aren't as sharp as Taylor.

and

the under of Sturm/Sato...i agree with the above post. Sato hasn't back up from anyone yet .... i have quite a few of his Japan fights, after becoming a fan after his debut in the U.S.

Sturm will be able to land and Sato will be looking for bombs. I except Sturm can beat him up....but good under odds, since Sato hasn't fought anyone and doesn't go many rounds.

PrettyBoyFloyd

Forum Member
Feb 5, 2008
i was reviewing the froch-pascal fight

from what i saw, he doesn't have what it takes to beat jerman taylor(consistent, smart pressure ala kelly)

jermain should wipe this dude up, froch's hands and footwork are too slow
Regarding the Taylor-Froch fight, the bottom line is that Froch just is not all that good fellas. Taylor should have little trouble with him, but he IS Jermain Taylor, so he will make the fight tougher than it should be.

Taylor - UD
I wagered on J.T. already
Taylor has been there done that. Pascal has to be kept in prespective...he's not done much yet.
Taylor went 12 hard with Pavlik at 166, and Froch is no Pavlik brother. Froch is tough and likes to mix it up.....but his skills aren't as sharp as Taylor.

and

the under of Sturm/Sato...i agree with the above post. Sato hasn't back up from anyone yet .... i have quite a few of his Japan fights, after becoming a fan after his debut in the U.S.

Sturm will be able to land and Sato will be looking for bombs. I except Sturm can beat him up....but good under odds, since Sato hasn't fought anyone and doesn't go many rounds.

:thumb:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
Watching more video of Froch indicates he is/can/will be very agressive. This should make for an exciting fight. Froch wants to make a big splash in the US and get his name on the marquee. I don't think he feels this will be accomplished by a lackluster performance. Possibly he may even have intentions of putting Taylor to sleep. All the better for Taylor I'd say.

tonymontana

Forum Member
Sep 27, 2005
I have money on Taylor with taylor the last link in a parlay.
I was betting Froch against Pascal and was shocked by his performance. He was super tight and didnt move his head out of the way. He has a solid chin.
But he is no pressure fighter, he is waiting in front of his opponent. I believe Taylor likes that because he will not be pressured through out the fight like against Pavlik or Winky.
If the odds are good i will hedge with froch inside, i dont see him winning on points in the US against Taylor.
I am not a big Taylor fan but i believe he will take this one.
But no big betting opportunity imo.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
On the Sturm-Sato undercard Saturday (per fightnews):

"In other fights, WBA #3 middleweight Gennady Golovkin (15-0, 12 KOs) from the Spotlight Boxing Team now takes on Anthony Greenidge (13-2-1, 5 KOs) after original foe Tarvis Simms pulled out due to visa problems."

I wanted to bet against Simms....I imagine this guy would have beat him.
Oh well, lots of other action this weekend.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
This fight is not for a few months, but I had to post this pic. Look at the freakin size difference!

klitschkolondon.jpg

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
i will root for Haye

this will be a real fight, wlad has had so many sparring sessions on hbo, it's been deplorable

i want to bet on haye, and if i do, haye is prolly doomed
:mj07:

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
seems like mcgirts is in a rut

he hasn't developed as a trainer, not learning anything new, just same old "good baby" shit

look at freddie roach, he has PARKINSONS, and he keeps trying to evolve and add new wrinkles

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
Thanks for the article link. it makes you wonder how much Mayweather Sr has had an effect on Hatton compared to how bad Malig looked. maybe Hatton will revert to his old self once he gets hit by Pac, and it will be a wipe-out after all.