Boxing 4/24 - 4/25

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
thailand.jpg

Julio Cesar ?Pingo? Miranda Lopez said that he?s coming back to Mexico with the WBC flyweight, which will be on the line when he confronts legendary Pongsaklek Wonjongkam on Friday. At today?s press conference that took place in Radisson Hotel in Bangkok Thailand, Miranda (29-3-1, 22 KOs), managed by Promocione and Wonjongkam (71-3-1, 22 KOs) answered all the questions to the media.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Interesting Prediction from UBR:

http://www.ultimateboxingresults.com/boxing_reports/default.asp?offset=10

"Match: Kassim Ouma v Gabriel Rosado
Date: 24-04-2009
Weight: Light Middleweight
Venue: Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey, United States
Prediction: Rosado Points win
Former world champion Ouma is the hot favourite coming into this one however Gabe should certainly not be underestimated, he shocked James Moore with his first defeat after being 16-0, then recently gave local fan favourite Fernando Guerrero a few shocks losing narrowly on the cards. Ouma has looked far from his best as of late and rumours of alcoholism are flying around the boxing world, a loss here would finish him he has already lost 3 out of his last 4 bouts. Gabe?s work rate may upset Ouma he is tough and never been stopped, Ouma is a non puncher so this is likely to go to the cards, as I said Ouma is the favourite but there could be an upset here."

If these rumors are true, I wouldn't mind taking a shot on Rosado...he fought very well against prospect Fernando Guererro. I haven't seen an Ouma line posted anywhere yet, though.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
DateWithDestiny_500.jpg

MCGEE vs FOLLMAR: "DATE WITH DESTINY" APRIL 25 FROM THE HAMMOND CIVIC CENTER IN INDIANA

don't know either of these chicks...but I'm gonna try to figure it out
:mj07:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
do you know that site's win-loss record?

do they have a good track record for picking winners?

No idea bro
I check there from time to time, but they are sort of inconsistent
they only posted a Gamboa prediction last week, nothing on the Donaire fight or the Viloria fight
but I do think Ouma is battling some problems-too bad no line.

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
if ouma has trouble with making weight, that's prolly a sign

long ago, i heard a rumor that castillo had a drinking problems, and he had a ton of weigh-in problems

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
lopez -1000! :eek: :eek: :eek:

geez, if i get penalosa +800 ill take it.

Last edited:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
there's a good article too at maxboxing about that

he could have beat hatton if he had been paulie not mcgirt paulie

that`s a real stretch,considering he took a serious beating,was behind by 8 points on each scorecard and was stopped for the first time(something that cotto couldn`t do)...

who wrote that fable?

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
seems like the brain damage from cotto fight persuaded paulie to to hire mcgirt :142smilie

while watching that fight, my friend remarked that paulie looked like zarqawi after the u.s military dropped a bomb on him

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
you have to like Spinks at -150 here. i just made a large play on him, i figure the line should move in my favor for a hedge.

remember Latimore's big win over Powell came when Powell was under McGirt's tutelage

the over looks like a lock here. first it needs Romi's blessing :D

interesting from Graham: while Latimore fought superbly, I did note while watching on Wednesday Night Fights that Powell had a ?lethargic look? ? and after the fight Powell tested positive for marijuana, which removes some of the gloss from Latimore?s win

a MAJOR concern for me is that Don King is using Spinks as a means to get Latimore over, like a pro wrestling match pitting the new star against the aged champ. the Verno Philips decision was a travesty, it's clear King does not care for Spinks. this bout could be fixed for the more entertaining and profitable Latimore.

Last edited:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
I'm going to bet SMALL on Carlos De Leon Jr. to beat Allan Green Saturday Night.
+500.

Green has been fighting nothing but bums since Miranda whooped his ass.
Green can't fight as well as he talks.

I don't like that De Leon was stopped by Primera. But, I will take my chances. McCary had Green completely gone. Green has fought 4 shot fighters in a row. At least De Leon is young and can punch.

Still looking at the rest. The overwhelming Taylor support on several sites surprises me. I think Taylor-Froch is a 50-50 fight. It amazes me the number of people saying they "love" the price on Taylor. This is no gimme. Close, tough fight.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
@nj
I was going to write the exactly same thing on Spinks!

If a Don King fighter loses his belt in such a close fight (and many feel Spinks won) there is something rotten.
At the very least, it can be said that he doesnt care too much for spinks.

Powell definetely looked lehargic, Latimore IMO is still a pretty flawed fighter that should give Spinks enough openings to take advantage of.

I was thinking he would be like a 2 or 3 to 1 favorite...

Evan tips Jacobs to beat Varela Under 6.5.
Jacobs really looks to have some serious skills.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
you have to like Spinks at -150 here. i just made a large play on him, i figure the line should move in my favor for a hedge.

remember Latimore's big win over Powell came when Powell was under McGirt's tutelage

the over looks like a lock here. first it needs Romi's blessing :D

interesting from Graham: while Latimore fought superbly, I did note while watching on Wednesday Night Fights that Powell had a ?lethargic look? ? and after the fight Powell tested positive for marijuana, which removes some of the gloss from Latimore?s win

a MAJOR concern for me is that Don King is using Spinks as a means to get Latimore over, like a pro wrestling match pitting the new star against the aged champ. the Verno Philips decision was a travesty, it's clear King does not care for Spinks. this bout could be fixed for the more entertaining and profitable Latimore.

OK my brother....here is my take on this one
just one man's opinion
I think Cory is really slowing down.

I think he deserved to win that last fight, but Verno was SMACKING him all over the ring the last few rounds. I thought Spinks had banked more than enough rounds (I was shocked they gave it to Verno), but that was most I ever remember Spinks being tagged.

Cory has slick moves and a tough style, but he doesn't have a GREAT beard. It can be cracked good when you get a hold of it.

Latimore is a bit of unknown commodity, but he does seem to have heart and power. If he can get to Cory's chin, he might be able to win this by KO.

He also might lose every round, but I think he is ready to make a name for himself.

Sometimes I can sense when a fighter loses a step. Other times I am way off. I thought Ouma was shot, and I was right. But I also thought Mosley was shot-and was WAY wrong.

But Shane has an ALL TIME chin. Cory does not. My lean is towards The Bull, Latimore.

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
@nj
I was going to write the exactly same thing on Spinks!

If a Don King fighter loses his belt in such a close fight (and many feel Spinks won) there is something rotten.
At the very least, it can be said that he doesnt care too much for spinks.

Powell definetely looked lehargic, Latimore IMO is still a pretty flawed fighter that should give Spinks enough openings to take advantage of.

I was thinking he would be like a 2 or 3 to 1 favorite...

Evan tips Jacobs to beat Varela Under 6.5.
Jacobs really looks to have some serious skills.

Glad to hear we're on the same page :toast:

I also took Alexander under 9.5 +150, he's been more aggressive lately, fighting in his hometown. He's also been getting shafted by King, and needs to present himself as profitable and marketable to big networks to get big fights, and an impressive KO win on ShoBox would do that. Rodriguez throws enough to create counter opportunities.

OK my brother....here is my take on this one
just one man's opinion
I think Cory is really slowing down.

I think he deserved to win that last fight, but Verno was SMACKING him all over the ring the last few rounds. I thought Spinks had banked more than enough rounds (I was shocked they gave it to Verno), but that was most I ever remember Spinks being tagged.

Cory has slick moves and a tough style, but he doesn't have a GREAT beard. It can be cracked good when you get a hold of it.

Latimore is a bit of unknown commodity, but he does seem to have heart and power. If he can get to Cory's chin, he might be able to win this by KO.

He also might lose every round, but I think he is ready to make a name for himself.

Sometimes I can sense when a fighter loses a step. Other times I am way off. I thought Ouma was shot, and I was right. But I also thought Mosley was shot-and was WAY wrong.

But Shane has an ALL TIME chin. Cory does not. My lean is towards The Bull, Latimore.

I appreciate the counter opinion. I started to hesitate about my over 10.5 bet soon after making it, after reminiscing about Spinks' eagerness to please the fans and trade with Philips in his last fight. If he does that again, he could get stopped.

I should be able to get Lat +150 and under +250 by fight time if I feet stay this cold.

Spinks did look much more hittable against Philips and a worn-down fighter, but it's hard to attribute it to anything, as he's never been in any tough wars and has a style built for longevity. I think it was his way of responding to the boos and lack of real network coverage. This is a major, televised bout.

I don't think Spinks is done, but I agree if he fights the same way against Lat that he did against Verno, the betting value is gone.

Last edited:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
NJ

+150 on the Alexander UNDER is a great line !
That is already down to even. NICE JOB !
:toast:

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
NJ

+150 on the Alexander UNDER is a great line !
That is already down to even. NICE JOB !
:toast:

thx friend :toast: It's a tight call either way, I just like the + number. It's still +130 at Greek.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Fightwriter

Forum Member
Mar 9, 2008
I don't have time to do previews for the site but a couple of under the radar fights caught my eye. 1: Miranda vs Pongsaklek. Miranada is on a run of KO wins and Pongsaklek had hard fights with Naito, losing to him the last time they fought, and I do not think that Naito is any more talented than Miranda. The site makes it tough for the Mexican guy, but visiting fighters do on rare occasions win in Thailand, and it helps that Miranda can bang. 2: Edren Dapudong vs Bert Batawang in the Philippines. Batawang is the much more experienced guy and a southpaw, but he was beaten up by Ulises Solis and he is 37. Dapudong gave Muhammad Rachman a tough fight in Indonesia, when he almost got a draw, and Rachman is a rough handful and an ex-champ. I believe that Dapudong is the house fighter on a Braveheart promotion. It's a youth versus experience thing and Batawang has to be favored, but I give the younger guy a good shot.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I don't have time to do previews for the site but a couple of under the radar fights caught my eye. 1: Miranda vs Pongsaklek. Miranada is on a run of KO wins and Pongsaklek had hard fights with Naito, losing to him the last time they fought, and I do not think that Naito is any more talented than Miranda. The site makes it tough for the Mexican guy, but visiting fighters do on rare occasions win in Thailand, and it helps that Miranda can bang. 2: Edren Dapudong vs Bert Batawang in the Philippines. Batawang is the much more experienced guy and a southpaw, but he was beaten up by Ulises Solis and he is 37. Dapudong gave Muhammad Rachman a tough fight in Indonesia, when he almost got a draw, and Rachman is a rough handful and an ex-champ. I believe that Dapudong is the house fighter on a Braveheart promotion. It's a youth versus experience thing and Batawang has to be favored, but I give the younger guy a good shot.

Graham, you answered my question on Miranda b4 I posted it. I couldnt understand why he was sitting @better than +400 for what looks on paper to be a very even fight. The venue is a plus but +400 appears to be good value. Thx for adding that to the site.