Boxing 5/20 - 5/22

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
I actually thought Agbeko got a bit of a shaft in his fight with Perez. The knockdown was bogus after he was fouled and he was able to confound Perez in many rounds. But Agbeko needed some breathers from time to time and then Perez had his moments. Perez is strong, durable and heavy handed but he seems slow and mechanical to me. Seems like he can timed like an egg. We'll see. Should be interesting.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
I actually thought Agbeko got a bit of a shaft in his fight with Perez. The knockdown was bogus after he was fouled and he was able to confound Perez in many rounds. But Agbeko needed some breathers from time to time and then Perez had his moments. Perez is strong, durable and heavy handed but he seems slow and mechanical to me. Seems like he can timed like an egg. We'll see. Should be interesting.

we see it completely differently then...i felt like a sure loser after the fight...and THAT fight was made as another feather in agbeko`s cap after the big darchinyan win...and perez` last minute magic vs mabusa...

i thought he beat agbeko up and beat him to the punch...alot...

but,that`s why we see such diverse scoring in fights...different perspectives...

edit:...btw...lemme add this..theres a pattern developing in this division...doggies barking of late....

mabusa losing to perez in south africa...
darch losing to agbeko...
perez beating agbeko....

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
GHOST- you really like Manfredo -475 today? Think he wins pretty convincingly?

I like him to win in Rhode Island
but not at that price
he opened between -200 and -240

almost 500 now is too steep for me

that being said
Hernandez fighting a couple weights above his normal class and not a heavy puncher (hasn't won by KO since 2003)

Manfredo will win
you gotta have Sakio Bika strength to beat Manfredo in Rhode Island

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Tonight I have Marquez and I am going against the grain with Perez.

I think the fight has been made for Mares, and he might win, but I have HUGE respect for Perez.

I watched the Mabuza fight and the Agbeko fights.
I thought Mabuza was outboxing him, but just couldn't keep up with the pace and the stoppage was correct. And I thought Perez clearly beat Agbeko.

A lot of times form holds in the pros when old amateur foes meet (Mosley-Forrest). But not always.

The professional game might fit Perez a little better. As weasel mentioned, Mares has a bit of a slapping style at times.

I could see Mares winning this on points, but I could also see a Kevin Mitchell-Michael Katisidis situation where Perez relentlessly mauls Abner and bangs him out of there. You just don't know until you step up to world level, what a young fighter really is made of.

I do think, in the end, that the fight will go the distance and it will be close. The key to Mares winning, is his footwork, combinations, and BODY WORK.

Graham wrote an excellent preview here:
http://www.fightwriter.com/?q=node/2709

This will be a great fight and my Marquez bet will be MUCH bigger than my Perez bet. I think Vasquez is all done.

Good luck guys.
:toast:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MayorgaFan

Forum Member
Dec 12, 2003
Ex trainers tend to go against their former charges. Like an an ex spouse, they usually are not spoken about glowingly.

He didn't go against Marquez tonight. He gave valid reasons to go against Mares. Such as his eye issues, maybe he knows more than some others. He gave some other reason to but I don't remember it. Regardless, I found it interesting.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
fight has been stopped in rnd 9
Tajbert received a cut
accidental head clash
they will go to the cards

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Kali Meehan v Ruslan Chagaev fight preview
''Kali Meehan will shock the world!'' says Don King
http://www.bettingpro.com/category/Boxing/Kali-Meehan-v-Ruslan-Chagaev-fight-preview-2010052200127/

:00x32 :00x32 :00x32

I nearly put chag in a parlay earlier in the week and I'm glad I held off. I'm debating whether or not to put a small play on mehan +425. Chag is no world beater and Meehan has ht reach and poip advants here. Very interesting. Ok I'll take the bait... very small play for me on the Aussie Dog.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bud_fox

Forum Member
May 16, 2009
Chagaev seems to have fallen out of love with boxing. At his peak, he would surely have beaten Meehan convincingly.

But watching him sparring this week, and at yesterday?s weighing in, he looked flat and listless. In comparison, Meehan looked razor sharp and rock hard, and could pass for ten years younger than his 40 years.

That quote alone is worth a small play with those odds. Good luck all!

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Liakovich fighting now
but my feed keeps freezing up
Chagaev-Meehan in an hour or more

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Chagaev seems to have fallen out of love with boxing. At his peak, he would surely have beaten Meehan convincingly.

But watching him sparring this week, and at yesterday?s weighing in, he looked flat and listless. In comparison, Meehan looked razor sharp and rock hard, and could pass for ten years younger than his 40 years.

That quote alone is worth a small play with those odds. Good luck all!

pretty amazing stuff...fell out of love with boxing?....to do what?..work a 9-5?...sit in a toll booth?....

earth to chagaev....opportunity knocks...set yourself up for the rest of your life ...dumkopf...

i see yonnhy perez at +125...inching toward +140...

very tempting...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg