a sad end to a very entertaining career
here's to you Augustus
:toast: :mj06:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
that's the thing about a Volcano....
just when you think its safe to walk up and explore...

ERUPTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KIM TKO 1

:00hour :00hour :00hour :00hour :00hour

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Volcano-Eruption.jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
that`s why i was afraid to bet kim and only bet the under....:142smilie

he ate a ton of shots....

but he had one big equalizer in his back pocket...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Quanah

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2009
Kim KO1!!!! Nice play team!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
FRENCH RESULT

Arsen Martirosyan defeats Jeremy Parodi by MD

~ referee: Robin Dolpierre | judge: Adrio Zannoni 114-114 | judge: Fabian Guggenheim 115-113 | judge: Francisco Vazquez Marcos 115-113 ~
~ vacant WBC International super bantamweight title ~

punchmaster

Forum Member
Apr 22, 2007
that`s why i was afraid to bet kim and only bet the under....:142smilie

he ate a ton of shots....

but he had one big equalizer in his back pocket...

Don't know who Kim's coach is...why not Freddie Roach- he trains everybody, seriously would like to see him lined up with a top notch (defensive ) trainer and he could go quite far at 135. Dude only weighed 132 at weigh in....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

matt19780

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
that's the thing about a Volcano....
just when you think its safe to walk up and explore...

ERUPTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KIM TKO 1

Honestly, I thought it was a bad stoppage. A shot like that to the back of the head affects the cerebellum which controls the coordination and motor control. There was about 10 seconds left in the round and then give him the 1 minute rest in between rounds to see if he recovers. It sucks for Diaz to train 1-3 months for a fight and then not be given an opportunity to comeback in a fight he was very competitive in.

That being said, I am glad they stopped it because the under 7.5 -160 hit!

Btw, Augustus looked very good at times versus Ruslan and I don't think he is a shot fighter. Augustus has lost a step, but Ruslan is a stong puncher and Augustus had 4 days notice. I think Augustus can still compete, just not at the highest level anymore.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
that was brutal stuff
a sad end to a very entertaining career
here's to you Augustus
:toast: :mj06:

Just watched the replay of both fights. Augustus showing a lot of ring savy but also showing his yrs and cumulation of fights. Thx for all the great FNF memories but PLEASE call it a day. Felt bad for the guy as he was getting pummeled. Provo will be exciting for the duration of his career but I wouldn't expect a lengthy one.

Kim...WOW...excitement galore but Wee put it correctly. Too bad he can't dodge a punch. With that kind of God given pop and tenacity he could go a long way.

Speaking of God given...that was fvcking hysterical when the ref made the sign of the cross :mj07:. I was half expecting him to pull out communion wafers after that :142smilie

Good start to the weekend Jackers :toast:

MayorgaFan

Forum Member
Dec 12, 2003
Perez-Mares is a bitch to pick. Interestingly enough, Mares old trainer Nacho Bernistein thinks Perez wins.

matt19780

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
Two plays added...

Two plays added...

Kim vs Diaz Under 7.5 -160 - Medium-WIN
Kim's tenacity, fury, and high punch output should have the vunerable chinned Diaz out within 6 rounds.

3 Parlay Kim -340 + Tajbert -850 + Manfredo-285 (~-105) - Large
Valazquez while durable and game should get outboxed. Hernandez has poor balance and inaccrurate punching aim and timing now. Also, he is fighting one or two weight classes too high for his frame and he is in Manfredo's back yard.

Kali Meehan +450 - Very Small

Abner Mares vs Yonnhy Perez Over 9.5 - Medium

Good Luck guys! :00x2 :box2: :00x2

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
Perez-Mares is a bitch to pick. Interestingly enough, Mares old trainer Nacho Bernistein thinks Perez wins.

Ex trainers tend to go against their former charges. Like an an ex spouse, they usually are not spoken about glowingly.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
Prince chunkier than Hatton!

Prince chunkier than Hatton!

hatnaz.jpg

Prince, the 5'2 cruiserweight! Hatton actually looks a bit slimmer than usual.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i don`t remember agbeko/perez being as close as some others remember..i remember thinking that it was a clear perez win....he did everything better in that fight and imo,imposed his will on agbeko...it sticks in my mind because i had a small wager on agbeko...

the scary thing about perez is that he seems to hold his intensity and workrate throughout the fight...and i really don`t like the fact that mares tends to slap occasionally with the right hand...

perez keeps his guard high pretty consistently and has a knack for stepping inside and landing straight counters that cause cumulative damage...

lots of mares love...he`s the quicker,younger, more shiny,flashy guy...i can understand why mares won 2 out of 3 in the amateurs...he`s the quicker guy...and perez` style isn`t optimal for a short fight...

he should have the crowd behind him(it`s in l.a. and he`s mexican)...but,slight height and reach disadvantage for mares...

i`m gonna set some parameters..if perez gets to +140,i`ll bite...is that all that much different than +120?...not really...but in all honesty,theres so many ??? in this one.....mares` record imo,is not impressive...this is a huge step up...his record is littered with guys that were either naturally smaller,past their prime or just of fringe quality...this is a HUGE step up...

but,with so many knowledgeable guys liking mares,and after reading that mares` trainer has worked with perez before,i`m getting the feeling that mares` people must feel like they know something...........and golden boy has their grimy hands in this one....mares is one of their prized young talents....that`s a red flag for sure for me...

torn....

Last edited: