Boxing 8/6 - 8/7

olddirtyfighter

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2008
Boxrec is showing Humberto Soto/Urbano Antilon for early Sept-I never heard anything about this one. Is this for real ??? Major fireworks if it comes off.

I guess it is for real. Doug Fischer reported that news some 2 weeks ago. He was also excited :toast:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RQ96odYafjw&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RQ96odYafjw&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rDelO5VGo0Q&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rDelO5VGo0Q&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Weights

From the Hard Rock in Albuquerque:
Holly Holm 138.5 vs. Jaime Clampitt 135

cozzone_holm-clampittweighin0363.jpg

flickavic

Forum Member
Feb 4, 2010
brewer/avalos/aguilera at about +140 large

aguilera/harris u5.5 +115 medium

aguilera/alexander/cloud/spinks +172 medium

last weekend and this month have been crap. i have not been playin parlays because thats the smart way to bet. with that said i am on a crap ass streak so parlays galore this weekend..

Quanah

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2009
Got some nice plays in mind, but some books are draggin' ass in showing the lines. Just waiting to see the page come up from one more, and we'll get rolliin'. I like this week!!!

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
Got some nice plays in mind, but some books are draggin' ass in showing the lines. Just waiting to see the page come up from one more, and we'll get rolliin'. I like this week!!!
I HATE this week :142smilie

These are all Boxrec bets-

Ruiz to beat Escalante at +2000
Escalante should kill Ruiz and quick BUT I will take a chance on anybody with a pulse at those odds fighting against someone that Mauricio Pastrana KO'd.
Miniscule

Escalera to beat Kayode at +1000
I hate betting against someone who has won all his fights except one by Knockout and has the name KO'd BUT I think he has been in soft and Escalera might hit him back. I doubt it but you never know :mj07:
Miniscule

Son to beat Shimoda at +700
I know nothing about these guy's so I will take a flyer on the undefeated Korean at those odds.
Miniscule

Munyai to beat Esquivel
This is my biggest boxing bet for the week.
Munyai stopped both Martin Powers and Lee Haskins on home turf when they were both undefeated and still pretty decent. He is also tall for this weight.
Esquivel has been KO'd twice already and from the one video I seen, he looks pretty shitty.He is listed as 23 years old but he looks about 43 :mj07:
Small

I have been pretty lucky with huge dogs as of late so Fuck it :shrug:

Good luck lads :0074

These are my opinions-

I believe Alexander beats Kotelnik pretty easily as Kotelnik is not active enough but the odds on Devon are a joke. -1400, give me a fukin break.

I just can't unload on Cloud to beat Johnson. I think Cloud might really shine in this fight BUT Johnson also might be a horrible match up. Hit him with your best shot and he stands and smiles at you, testing your will and stamina.
I have also witnessed guys with iron chins just crumble over night. Doug DeWitt and Tex Cobb come to mind and maybe it will happen to Glen.
Then again, maybe not!!! I'm staying away!!!

:toast:

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Jumped on Spinks/Bund over -155 9 1/2...thought it should be -300 which one book is showing now

Have Cloud in a few wagers and Kot as well. Might play something else but if those 3 hit then it's a good week. I kind of think Johnson will need to dominate to get the nod. I think HBO wants Dawson/Cloud so me thinks anything close will go to Cloud. I give Kot virtually no chance but like Wee said -1400 isn't worth it. Sakio bika was an absolute steal last week and he gets dqd so anything is possible.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
kotelnik `s chances vs this style appear to be slim and none...and slim fled the scene when this fight ws made in st louis...

no power...short on quicks...and he`s fighting a lefty....typical white european fighter with no stylistic/physical advantages...

that`s why these odds jumped from -700 to -900....

that decision over maidana was a disgrace...

all that said,i still wouldn`t blame someone for taking a +700 flyer....the guy seems to be involved in numerous close,hard to score fights...

Last edited:

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
Me too, but I also liked the over 10.5 last week for the Rosas fight!

But Spinks doesnt stop anyone and he is like -300!

Quanah

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2009
Friday plays

Friday plays

Gonna take this day by day once again:

Maurice Harris (+205) - large I'm lovin' this play! Who is Nagy Aguilera anyway? To me, he is just a green prospect who has beaten no one of note. (An entirely washed up Maskaev has to be classified as no one by that point). Aguilera has already shown his limitations. Harris on the other hand, is a highly skilled fluid boxer for a big man. His only problem over the years has been himself. Taking fights on very short notice, coming in under prepared and heavy. When he's got his game on he's hard to beat, and has upset some good guys. Harris is making a last run and seems to have his shit together. He's looked good in 3 comeback fights against journeyman, barely losing around. His weight is good, coming down for every fight. He's got a good team behind him and is well aware that this is it for him. I think this line is off, and see Harris winning going away. 117-111, or Harris may even stop a tired Aguilera late.

Patrick Lopez (+160) - medium rare I see P.Brewer as an entirely untested and pretty green prospect. He was a good, but not elite level amateur. P.Lopez was an Olympian himself, and has been well tested as a pro, showing good consistency and steady improvement. I think he will take Brewer into deep water and prove to be the much more experienced pro when he does.

Holm-Clampitt UNDER 9.5 (+350) - very small Clampitt never ko'd and Holm seemingly without much power, plus just 2 minute rounds. But I think the skill difference will be so apparent that we see a mercy stoppage after 7-8 rounds, with Clampitt taking a terrible and unnecessary beating. Clampitt also on the comback trail after having a baby. (Something I don't usually have to consider when capping a fight). She will give it her tough-girl best, but I can see her saying enough is enough when the ass-kicking is apparent.

Good luck guys!!! More Saturday picks to come!

:0074

Last edited:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Q
where is Mo Harris +205 ?
I grabbed +160.
I give him a huge shot in this fight.
He weighed 234 yesterday and has signed with a new promoter, Boxing360.
I think Harris should be favored in this fight.
Good luck to us

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Q
I grabbed +160.
Good luck to us

+190 at brobury....looks like a barking doggie....

thanks for bringing it to everyone`s attention,quannah...:toast:

Quanah

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2009
Q
I grabbed +160.
Good luck to us

SB opened Harris at +205. It didn't last long. Last check he was still +190 there. 234 a great weight for him. He is very focused on his comeback! Plus Aguilera looks fat to me. Do you know what his weight was? I see him looking slow and lumbering against Harris.

Good luck to us Ghost! I will be very happy if this one comes thru.

Last edited:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
SB opened Harris at +205. It didn't last long. Last check he was still +190 there. 234 a great weight for him. He is very focused on his comeback! Plus Aguilera looks fat to me. Do you know what his weight was? I see him looking slow and lumbering against Harris.

Good luck to us Ghost! I will be very happy if this one come thru.

Boxing360 is a new promotional company, and they have focused on picking up contenders that others have given up on.

They picked up David Estrada and got him the fight with Orlando Lora - Estrada beat Lora's ass.

Now they have picked up Harris and got him a fight for the USBA title with Nagy Aguilera.

They seem to have picked a good spot here - now its just up to Moe to perform. The chin is always a worry, but there is NO QUESTION who the more talented boxer is here.

handshake.jpg

Quanah

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2009
Is the Harris fight going to be televised? I assume they are showing Avalos and Kayode, but it would be great to watch this one!!

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Is the Harris fight going to be televised? I assume they are showing Avalos and Kayode, but it would be great to watch this one!!

Harris fight is off TV
they are showcasing Avalos and Kayode instead
I can't find Aguilera's weight anywhere, but I still feel good about Moe's chances. He seems to be well prepared - the first 6 minutes will be a little nerve racking. Always a chance he gets caught cold after a long layoff. But the longer this goes, the better chance for Harris. I also think it goes Over 5.5, but will stick with Moe for the upset.

Bet on MyBookie