Boxing 8/6 - 8/7

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Holly Holm (28-1-3, 8 KOs) scored a first round TKO @ 1:50 over Jaime Clampitt (21-4-1, 7 KOs), of Canada/Rhode Island.

@mmaodds

Quanah is THE FVCKING MAN

:0057 :0057 : :0057

CONGRATS MY BROTHER!

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Avalos getting schooled
:scared

all dogs and a womens 1st round KO !
I will remember this night

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Kill the judge that gave it to Avalos
Martin wins by SD
what a night

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Quanah, what's up with you man?
why didn't you tip us off that Avalos was going down tonight?
as long as you can read the future, let us know all the winners!
:mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07:

Congrats bro
epic night.....hope you made a bundle
just incredible capping

Quanah

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2009
Quanah, what's up with you man?
why didn't you tip us off that Avalos was going down tonight?
as long as you can read the future, let us know all the winners!
:mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07:

Congrats bro
epic night.....hope you made a bundle
just incredible capping

Ha!!!! Would you believe me if I told you I threw Martin in a long odds parlay, one that is still pending, and was actually considering a little lone tickle on him...but thought I was stretching it toooo thin?

Thanks Ghost and company.... I much appreciate the props. We all have our good weeks and bad. Let's see if we can keep this thing rolling into tomorrow.

Sat. picks coming right up.

Quanah

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2009
Oh almost forgot!!!!

Holm KO1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:00hour :00hour :00hour :00hour :00hour :00hour :00hour :00hour :00hour

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
20100806kotelnik007.jpg

Quanah

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2009
Saturday Picks

Saturday Picks

Well, no need to lay a jinx, but let me just say I've got some parlay's rolling from Fri. into Sat., and if things go well, you know....

Cornelius Bundrage (+285) - medium well Got on this early. I think Spinks may be shot. He's looked a little punch drunk for a while to me. Doesn't avoid punches like he used to. Now, he hasn't fought for a while. I've heard some not so good rumors about him as well. Hasn't been training, been walking at about 200lbs, etc. Bundrage has been inactive as well, but Steward's got him, and say's he's been in the gym training hard. I have seen some subtle improvement from him. Victory over Baysangurov was a great one. I do wish Spinks was fighting someone just a bit better, then I would be sure about his demise. Even still, I'm diggin' Bundrage's chances in this one.

Tshifiwa Munyai (+120) - medium well Munyai is on a higher level. It does bother me that he fought literally a week ago in S. Africa. From what I understand though, it was little more than a walk through and he got the ko in 3. Still, Mexico is a long flight away. Maybe the activity will keep him in good form? Esquivel is a young guy, seemingly pretty raw, has been dummied twice by average opposition - nothing special it would seem. Homefield can be big in Mexico, but I still see Munyai as being able to do his thing here.

Glen Johnson (+220) - medium No one giving the road warrior much of a chance here, but how can you count him out? He's like fine wine, getting better with age. I think this could be a bad style match-up for Cloud. He's strong, but wings wild shots, and Johnson ain't going anywhere. Cloud did not look like a world-beater against Clinton Woods, who was all but washed up. I think Johnson's savvy and experience can whether the early storm. I see the classy veteran using every trick in the book, and coming back from an early Cloud onslaught to take the youngster to school. 116-112, 115-113, 114-114 in a grueling fight!

Oh, and wee... much like Martin, I've also got that undefeated S.Korean small kind in a long odds parlay. The wager is insignificant, but as things have played out, I just might have a shitload to gain here. You just never know with these fights in Japan.

Good luck my brothers!!!!

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
well, you are keeping that preview classy Quanah. But I will just come out and say it: Cory Spinks' training the last year has consisted of snorting coke and banging strippers. The dude is a train wreck, and I fully expect him to get dummied.

Bundrage's fight to lose - this is the best chance he will ever have to be a champion - fighting a guy who can't hurt him, has no legs anymore, and by the 6th round will be CRAVING some crack.

Spinks has been a g damn curse for me during my gambling career. I bet against him when he fought Mayorga, Karmazin, and Latimore. And I think he lost all 3! But, this time, I think I finally got him pegged.
:0074

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007

Is that Spinks applauding for Bundrage!!

I read that Emanuel Stewart was pretty confident that Bundrage could do it!

I have got a funny feeling about this fight!

It certainly makes sense to at least protect my over bet and play Bundrage as a hedge!

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
BTW, congrats Quanah!

That was really nice capping!!!

I have got a good amount on Devon at -550 from quite a few weeks back!

I also think that Cloud will be too much for Johnsson!

It's true that stylistcially the Road Warrior is a bad match-up for Cloud!

Cloud gets hit a bit too much and liked to come forward.

The question is, how can Johnson win this fight.
Can he outwork a guy who threw 1300 punches in his last fight!

Can he wear him down, even though Cloud has great stamina and has never realyl been hurt!

Johnson is 41 as well!

I have got Cloud with a little hedge on Johnson 10-12!

I also have some bucks on Cloud 10-12 just in case!

:toast:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
BTW, congrats Quanah!

Can he wear him down, even though Cloud has great stamina and has never realyl been hurt!

Johnson is 41 as well!

I:toast:

i agree on paprer cloud looks too young and too strong...

but it seems like these questions have been asked for the last 5-6 years,,,,,and johnson still manages to win most...

i sensed some give late in cloud`s fight vs woods..... 116-112 across the board isn`t total domination...and two 115-113 scores vs dawson was a little too close for comfort...

johnson`s still a bit scary to me..

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
Tshifiwa Munyai (+120) - medium well Munyai is on a higher level. It does bother me that he fought literally a week ago in S. Africa. From what I understand though, it was little more than a walk through and he got the ko in 3. Still, Mexico is a long flight away. Maybe the activity will keep him in good form? Esquivel is a young guy, seemingly pretty raw, has been dummied twice by average opposition - nothing special it would seem. Homefield can be big in Mexico, but I still see Munyai as being able to do his thing here.
Firstly, that was THE night of nights Quanah!!! :0008 :0074

Like I said earlier, this is my big boxing bet for this week and I fully expect it to hit.
Munyai is really good and strong at this weight. He has only ever struggled at higher weights.
I have only seen one video of Esquival, against someone with 13 losses and he still got stumbled and looked like dogshit.

I am not betting on the Cloud fight but I will say, this is the worst I have ever seen Johnson look at a weigh in. His body is starting to look it's age and he doesn't have his usual thickly muscled look??? :shrug:

Good luck all :toast:

Quanah

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2009
BTW, congrats Quanah!

I have got a good amount on Devon at -550 from quite a few weeks back!

I also think that Cloud will be too much for Johnsson!

Johnson is 41 as well!

I have got Cloud with a little hedge on Johnson 10-12!

I also have some bucks on Cloud 10-12 just in case!

:toast:

Those are excellent points Zerwas. Plus Cloud the house fighter, which will make a decision even more difficult for Johnson. Will Cloud put forth 'effective aggression'? I think that is the key to him winning or not. If he thinks he can just go in there and plow through Johnson, he will be in for a surprise. He's got to gear up for a long hard fight. We'll see how well Cloud takes shots once he's tired too.

I also agree with Weepaul, that Johnson has to start showing his age at some point. Will that be tonight though? No signs of it yet.

Great fight, and I'm excited to see how it plays out!

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
i agree on paprer cloud looks too young and too strong...

but it seems like these questions have been asked for the last 5-6 years,,,,,and johnson still manages to win most...

i sensed some give late in cloud`s fight vs woods..... 116-112 across the board isn`t total domination...and two 115-113 scores vs dawson was a little too close for comfort...

johnson`s still a bit scary to me..

-the 115-113 cards were way out of line IMO. Dawson owned Johnson in the second fight. I didn't think it was remotely close. I don't think I gave Johnson 4 rds. The 1st fight was controversial and it seems like the judges were aware of it. I also think Johnson looked just a bit soft and drained @ the weigh in. He came in @173. I like Cloud here.

-I'm on Bund +200...should have been more patient cause he was +220 at another site. I thought. I hedged the over wager...Spinks just might be done. EVERY fight is a struggle for him.

-I just might ride some coattails on the African for a small play. That looks to be the madjacks play of the day.

Good luck gents! :toast:

Last edited:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
I agree with weepaul...this is the softest I can ever remember Glen looking.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OqBAblsJzIg&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OqBAblsJzIg&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
I think he looked fairly similar to his recent self at this weigh in. (Check google) But he shaved his body hair which makes him look different and Cloud may be the most ripped lightheavy I've seen in quite sometime.

Cloud is so ripped and compact, he looks like a welterweight. Big question is what does Johnson have left. Looked logy against Dawson II but consummate against Yusaf "got" Smacked.

Cloud has mettle and strength but Johnson likes forward type guys. It's just that Cloud is a strong assed mofo.

Johnson is consummate pro, will look to capitalize on every mistake Cloud gives. And he will be open. I think the Woods that Cloud beat was diminished from the one Johnson saw thrice and Woods had some moments against Cloud.

It's interesting as Johnson has been in with top guys for years while Cloud is new to this level. He beat up badly faded punching bag Julio then went right to Woods, which was grueling - his only one to date.

I could see it go either way. Cloud may be just too young and physical or Johnson will bag the young buck and take him to school. Compelling stuff.

Bet on MyBookie