First and Ten

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Between Green Bay and Iowa City
Georgia(-1) over Alabama (1*)
- -

Michigan State(+23') over Ohio State (1*)
- -

Utah(-8) over Arizona (1*)
- -

Louisville(+6') over Notre Dame (1*)
- -

Iowa State(-16) over Houston (1*)
- -

USC(-14) over Wisconsin (1*)
- -

Illinois(+18') over Penn State (1*)
- -

Oklahoma(+1) over Auburn (1*)
- -

Colorado(+13') over Central Florida (1*)
- -

UNLV(-2') over Fresno State (1*)
- -

GL

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Pittsburgh(-2') over North Carolina (1*)
- -

Penn State(-29') over UCLA (1*)
- -

Louisville(-7) over SMU (1*)
- -

Army(-14) over Tulsa (1*)
- -

Wisconsin(-11') over Purdue (1*)
- -

Texas A&M(-3)(-105) over Missouri (1*)
- -

Navy(-10) over Air Force (1*)
- -

Stanford(+8) over Virginia Tech (1*)
- -

West Virginia(+3) over Oklahoma State (1*)
- -

Nebraska(-6')(-115) over Rutgers (1*)
- -

Iowa/Ohio State(Ov45')
- -

Vanderbilt(+23) over Alabama (1*)
- -

South Carolina(+9') over Mississippi (1*)
- -

Iowa(+17') over Ohio State (1*)
- -

Indiana(-13) over Northwestern (1*)
- -

USC(-8') over Minnesota (1*)
- -

Miami(-10) over California (1*)
- -

Baylor(+11') over Iowa State (1*)
- -

Clemson(-17) over Florida State (1*)
- -

Tennessee(-14) over Arkansas (1*)
- -

GL

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Kansas State(-3)(-115) over Colorado (1*)
- - Simply put, this Kansas State squad is significantly better than Colorado in so many fundamental aspects of the game that I’m not going to get into it, and they should be chomping at the bit to line up and prove it. Or not.

Rutgers(-1') over Wisconsin (1*)
- - Will a very hard nosed Rutgers team have the answers to keep their damn fine season on track?

Penn State(-3)(-130) over USC (1*)
- - USC looks to step up and finish off the most physical stretch of football games they have faced in a long time. Penn State finally gets their first chance in years to take a big step toward a seat in the College Football Playoffs without facing an elite Michigan squad or an elite Ohio State squad. Penn State has been gearing up for this trip and carries my cash.

Iowa(-2') over Washington (1*)
- - The one certainty is the situational aspect that the Washington kids just played and won the Super Bowl that was circled all year on their calendar. I think I know that a long trip to play the Hawkeyes in Iowa City at the crack of dawn would not usually be on a short list of ideal spots for following up.

UCLA(+4') over Minnesota (1*)
- - When I bet on Penn State last week, I was worried because I had to agree with someone’s observation that UCLA has been displaying an identity of playing really hard. And then they proved it again against Penn State. Now Minnesota is off a pretty ginormous win, and they likely have their hands full with a hungry opponent all the way to the buzzer to claim a win in the Rose Bowl.

Ohio State(-3) over Oregon (1*)
- - I more or less made my choice on this game more than a week ago, and while I can’t say I’m all geeked and hyped about the choice, I don’t know why I should have a change of opinion.

Cincinnati(+3') over Central Florida (1*)
- -

Oklahoma(+15') over Texas (1*)
- - I’ve had decent success in this historic rivalry by always giving the dog a hard and serious look. Texas having a really huge game on deck against Georgia was enough for me to say all righty then, I’ll take a chance with Oklahoma. But then on Friday I decided a rested and focused Texas team that has my backing as the #1 team in all the land when the playoffs get seeded would be my play. But then a few minutes ago I pulled the voting lever for getting 15' with Oklahoma.

Illinois(-23) over Purdue (1*)
- - When many people were touting Purdue as a threat against an embarrassed Notre Dame squad, my opinion was a bet on ND because Purdue was not close to being a good team, and Purdue got smoked. I have confidently gone against Purdue every week since, with very good results, and then two weeks ago I heard some analysis that the Purdue personnel is poorly suited to run the schemes of inexperienced HC Ryan Walters. I see no reason Illinois should not be ready to give a strong effort this week, and IMO that spells trouble for Purdue. But this line climbing from -19' to -23 might spell trouble for moi. (Deep Dive research of something I did not know: Purdue stomped Illinois 44-19 last year in the rivalry game for the Purdue Cannon, and today is the 100th meeting between the rivals.)

West Virginia(+3)(-105) over Iowa State (1*)
- -

BYU(-3)(-105) over Arizona (1*)
- -

LSU(+3') over Mississippi (1*)
- -

Alabama(-21') over South Carolina (1*)
- -

Pittsburgh(-3)(-130) over California (1*)
- -

Vanderbilt(+12') over Kentucky (1*)
- -

GL

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Stanford(+22') over Notre Dame (1*)
- -

Army(-27) over UAB (1*)
- - Loving everything I've seen with Army this year, but figured I'd pass on this huge spread, then read this elsewhere: "UAB is just a mess under Trent Dilfer. It was a bad hire, UAB lost their better players to the portal, and now they go on the road to play a team that will wear down their weak defense."

GL

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
Kansas State(-3)(-115) over Colorado (1*)
- - Simply put, this Kansas State squad is significantly better than Colorado in so many fundamental aspects of the game that I’m not going to get into it, and they should be chomping at the bit to line up and prove it. Or not.

Rutgers(-1') over Wisconsin (1*)
- - Will a very hard nosed Rutgers team have the answers to keep their damn fine season on track?

Penn State(-3)(-130) over USC (1*)
- - USC looks to step up and finish off the most physical stretch of football games they have faced in a long time. Penn State finally gets their first chance in years to take a big step toward a seat in the College Football Playoffs without facing an elite Michigan squad or an elite Ohio State squad. Penn State has been gearing up for this trip and carries my cash.

Iowa(-2') over Washington (1*)
- - The one certainty is the situational aspect that the Washington kids just played and won the Super Bowl that was circled all year on their calendar. I think I know that a long trip to play the Hawkeyes in Iowa City at the crack of dawn would not usually be on a short list of ideal spots for following up.

UCLA(+4') over Minnesota (1*)
- - When I bet on Penn State last week, I was worried because I had to agree with someone’s observation that UCLA has been displaying an identity of playing really hard. And then they proved it again against Penn State. Now Minnesota is off a pretty ginormous win, and they likely have their hands full with a hungry opponent all the way to the buzzer to claim a win in the Rose Bowl.

Ohio State(-3) over Oregon (1*)
- - I more or less made my choice on this game more than a week ago, and while I can’t say I’m all geeked and hyped about the choice, I don’t know why I should have a change of opinion.

Cincinnati(+3') over Central Florida (1*)
- -

Oklahoma(+15') over Texas (1*)
- - I’ve had decent success in this historic rivalry by always giving the dog a hard and serious look. Texas having a really huge game on deck against Georgia was enough for me to say all righty then, I’ll take a chance with Oklahoma. But then on Friday I decided a rested and focused Texas team that has my backing as the #1 team in all the land when the playoffs get seeded would be my play. But then a few minutes ago I pulled the voting lever for getting 15' with Oklahoma.

Illinois(-23) over Purdue (1*)
- - When many people were touting Purdue as a threat against an embarrassed Notre Dame squad, my opinion was a bet on ND because Purdue was not close to being a good team, and Purdue got smoked. I have confidently gone against Purdue every week since, with very good results, and then two weeks ago I heard some analysis that the Purdue personnel is poorly suited to run the schemes of inexperienced HC Ryan Walters. I see no reason Illinois should not be ready to give a strong effort this week, and IMO that spells trouble for Purdue. But this line climbing from -19' to -23 might spell trouble for moi. (Deep Dive research of something I did not know: Purdue stomped Illinois 44-19 last year in the rivalry game for the Purdue Cannon, and today is the 100th meeting between the rivals.)

West Virginia(+3)(-105) over Iowa State (1*)
- -

BYU(-3)(-105) over Arizona (1*)
- -

LSU(+3') over Mississippi (1*)
- -

Alabama(-21') over South Carolina (1*)
- -

Pittsburgh(-3)(-130) over California (1*)
- -

Vanderbilt(+12') over Kentucky (1*)
- -

GL
Diego Pavio. Mexican Magic!! My favorite player, one tough sob and winner!

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Iowa State(-13) over UCF (1*)
- - It pains me to say this, but I have watched almost every snap of the last two Iowa State games, and what I have seen is a really fine veteran football team, featuring a strong defense, impressive weapons on offense, a QB playing great, about as well coached as you can be, playing with real purpose and belief. Right now they are the best team in their conference, and I think UCF will have their hands full in this one.

Texas(-4') over Georgia (1*)
- - Shame on me for not talking myself into taking Texas last week. I can’t fault anyone that sees this as a spot for Georgia. But my money is on Texas, and for me it’s a fairly strong play for this week and for this season.

Iowa(-6) over Michigan State (1*)
- -

West Virginia(+3) over Kansas State (1*)
- - I believe the play of QB Garrettt Greene is going to claim a meaningful scalp or two somewhere along the line this season, and this is possibly the last shot for any scalp to qualify as meaningful.

Arizona State(+5') over Cincinnati (1*)
- -

USC(-7) over Maryland (1*)
- - USC is close to being 5-1 or 6-0 facing a strong schedule. I don’t think they are indifferent about this Big 10 trip.

Nebraska(+6') over Indiana (1*)
- - Nebraska has been their own worst enemy in game after game for year after year, a culture that current HC Matt Ruhle has not yet been able to shake despite the obvious strides taken in his first season and a half. So Indiana probably wins this game, but rolling through by essentially a two score margin will IMO be a surprising crapping of the bed by the Bugeaters.

Connecticut(+3)(-130) over Wake Forest (1*)
- -

Army(-17)(-115) over East Carolina (1*)
- -

Miami(-5) over Louisville (1*)
- - I have been swayed that this feels like a spot for Miami.

Northwestern(+9') over Wisconsin (1*)
- -

GL

Bet on MyBookie