Game Of Thrones - HBO

Hashish

Smoked
Forum Member
Sep 5, 2006
Surf City
Point taken, even a vague allusion to one thing happening can perhaps maybe indicate the opposite doesn't happen. I really promise I haven't given anything away (I've yet to read the most recent book to be honest), but will be even more careful. :0008

:toast: Thanks, man.

The Joker

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 3, 2008
Tennessee
www.madjacksports.com
q7ZWO.jpg

BobbyBlueChip

Trustee
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Belly of the Beast
After reading the books and now re-watching season 2, I can't help but think that I'm watching the good old days.

It's all Daenerys' fault ....... All of it.

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
I just finished watching the first two seasons after starting a few weeks ago. I am disappointed in the series after so much fawning over it on this site. It just has too many slow spots. :shrug:

I do think there are some great characters, but IMO, it is an action oriented series with not enough action and too much drama and gratuitous nudity (which of course is fine, but really bfd).

Thoughts... The Imp character is great. The actor who plays Joffrey has made him a terrific villian. Kickserv's girl plays a great role. I think Sean Bean is a great actor, so it was a shame he got killed off. I think the Jon Snow and whole Nightswatch part of the series has been a stupid waste and very boring. The mystical part of the series (dragons, sorcerers, witches, white walkers etc) has not been explained and explored enough.

The Joker

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 3, 2008
Tennessee
www.madjacksports.com
I just finished watching the first two seasons after starting a few weeks ago. I am disappointed in the series after so much fawning over it on this site. It just has too many slow spots. :shrug:

I do think there are some great characters, but IMO, it is an action oriented series with not enough action and too much drama and gratuitous nudity (which of course is fine, but really bfd).

Thoughts... The Imp character is great. The actor who plays Joffrey has made him a terrific villian. Kickserv's girl plays a great role. I think Sean Bean is a great actor, so it was a shame he got killed off. I think the Jon Snow and whole Nightswatch part of the series has been a stupid waste and very boring. The mystical part of the series (dragons, sorcerers, witches, white walkers etc) has not been explained and explored enough.

I am not surprised.

ImFeklhr

Raconteur
Forum Member
Oct 3, 2005
San Francisco
SixFive said:
Dude, it's a good series, but it is not exceptional. My point is that the way u all were salivating and blowing it, I would have thought it would have been better.

You know I love the story and have spent a lot of time rereading them etc.
And they deserve credit for not messing up the adaptation.
But the more I think about it, I almost agree it's a good show but not a great one.
The great parts of the story are in the narration and backstory constantly provided in the books. Without that depth, it's just a very very good melodrama.

Happy Hippo

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 2, 2006
You know I love the story and have spent a lot of time rereading them etc.
And they deserve credit for not messing up the adaptation.
But the more I think about it, I almost agree it's a good show but not a great one.
The great parts of the story are in the narration and backstory constantly provided in the books. Without that depth, it's just a very very good melodrama.

Exactly - the series is really good, but I think if I had not read the books before viewing it would not be nearly as intriguing. Seeing it come to life on screen is awesome, but the books are so much more in depth and all the different interactions are amazing. Never been a big fantasy reader, but I am in love with this series so far.

Almost done with Book 3, and just have to comment - Good god! That is all.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
What's her name letting what's his name out of jail and letting him return to King's Landing nearly has me not wanting to watch the show any more. One more dumb unbelievable human action like that and it's over for me.

I can suspend my disbelief on all the supernatural stuff, but not something like that.

Hashish

Smoked
Forum Member
Sep 5, 2006
Surf City
79 Days!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RN7e_Oo0Bis?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the addict

BI-WINNING
Forum Member
Oct 9, 2009
PA proud
thanks to this thread, and a few friends who are into this series, I rented disc 1 of season 1, and watched the first 2 episodes last night.

well, I finished all of season one just now at 1245 the next night.........one night to finish an entire season

fair assumption to say I love it.

so many questions I have, but I have done well at not reading through this thread to prevent any spoilers...

am sick to stomach at how ned went out....joffrey would fuckin get his ass kicked ......

john snow is a beast...I think he will be a big part of season 2.

I am rentin it tomorrow. I hope that fuck prick Jamie dies a slow death. I actually like the midget lannister, but the rest can eat shit....

DRAGON LADY is fuckin hot I wanna take her to poundtown except her vagina probably breathes fire :scared

SO MANY QUESTION AHHHHHHHHHHH I CANNOT WAIT TO GET SEASON 2 STARTED TOMMOROW.

WILL CHECK BACK IN MONDAY/TUESDAY WHEN IT IS FINISHED AND CHAT WITH YA GUYS ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet on MyBookie