Game Of Thrones - HBO

PocketAces

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 30, 2003
WI
I see a new season is starting on 3/31/13. How many of the books would I need to read in order to stay ahead of the tv show?

I'd like to catch up to where the show left off then read more. Am I explaining that ok?

Thanks guys.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
I see a new season is starting on 3/31/13. How many of the books would I need to read in order to stay ahead of the tv show?

I'd like to catch up to where the show left off then read more. Am I explaining that ok?

Thanks guys.

Don't read the books.........it will spoil some parts. The book and the tv show are a tiny bit different.

Just watch Season 1 and 2 and catch up.

You will get hooked.......trust me.

Just watch the 1st two seasons.....do it.

PocketAces

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 30, 2003
WI
Don't read the books.........it will spoil some parts. The book and the tv show are a tiny bit different.

Just watch Season 1 and 2 and catch up.

You will get hooked.......trust me.

Just watch the 1st two seasons.....do it.

I've watched every episode. I love the show and want to read the books. I bought the first one a long time ago but haven't read it.

So...how many books would I need to read?

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
oh ok......my bad, I thought you wanted to "catch up".

I don't read any of the books because I don't want to spoil anything for the upcoming season.

No spoilers for kickserv.

comfortable1

Useful
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2009

Thanks guys.

Book 1 = Season 1
Book 2 = Season 2

Heard they're breaking book 3 into two seasons.

ImFeklhr

Raconteur
Forum Member
Oct 3, 2005
San Francisco

Thanks guys.

You will need to read up to and including book 3. While book 3 will be split into Seasons 3 and 4, I can imagine them bouncing around book 3 and not finishing the season at exactly the 50% mark.

Book 3 is A Storm of Swords.

the addict

BI-WINNING
Forum Member
Oct 9, 2009
PA proud
all caught up

and watching season 1 all over

wow how it is weird seeing characters interact, when you know they will soon be dead/traitors/kings.........

what a show...........favorite of all time for this guy...:scared

the addict

BI-WINNING
Forum Member
Oct 9, 2009
PA proud
:0064 :00014 :0001

favorite MAIN characters for the addict:

1. EDDARD STARK- HONOR FAMILY HOUSE are the things he loves. badass...hate that he died.

2. Rob stark- awesome accent, hot wife, and son of ned stark. awesome dude.

3. John snow- asskicking, virgin, bastard of a boy, but god is he a badass

4. my tiny friend tyrion lannister- for being such a small man, has huge balls throughout the entire series. calling out everyone, running into battle, and plowing hot chicks. although he is a lannister, he is awesome.

favorite SUPPORTING characters for the addict:

1. Bron- sticks up for my emp friend, and saves his life. then he is a asskicker who even the dog fears!

2. Jaqen H'gar- makes friends with arya stark, and gives her 3 names to be killed. fuckin awesome. I would travel to Braavos anyday

3. Yoren- (recruiter from the wall) Sworn brother of the nights watch, and eventually is the reason arya doesn't watch her father die, and she herself lives. also, whenever Robert baratheons bastard son is trying to be taken, he fucks up the gaurds and dies with 10 spears in him.

4. The dog- You can tell he hates king Joffrey, and he helps look after sansa, but has to follow orders to survive. one of my favorite lines from the 2 seasons, is when Stannus beratheon is attacking, and dog retreats and later says "FUCK THE KINGS ORDERS, AND FUCK THE KING" - DOG.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
kickserv fave character in all of tv..................

demotivational-posters-arya-stark.jpg

It has been said on here many times........

DO NOT FUCK WITH ARYA STARK

the addict

BI-WINNING
Forum Member
Oct 9, 2009
PA proud
watching all the interviews

even the cast hates joffrey

that little shit has to be fucked with so bad when people see him

Happy Hippo

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 2, 2006
oh ok......my bad, I thought you wanted to "catch up".

I don't read any of the books because I don't want to spoil anything for the upcoming season.

No spoilers for kickserv.

I've read all the books, can't wait for the sixth one to come out... I read 2014 :shrug:

Honestly, I think it helps A LOT to read the books. There are so many little details and connections that you can miss in the shows that are elaborated in the books. And it doesn't really take away from any of the suspense...

For me, always book before show/movie. Usually the screen doesn't do the book justice, but in this case, I love the series.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
We are getting closer too Thrones time:firing: :142hail:

Season 3

Episode 1 "Valar Dohaeris" March 31st

Episode 2 "Dark Wings, Dark Words" April 7th

Episode 3 "Walk of Punishment" April 14th

Episode 4 "And Now His Watch is Ended" April 21st

Episode 5 "Kissed by Fire" April 28th