Game Of Thrones - HBO

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
ok...we decided to go all "on demand" on this show and watch the first few episodes of season 1 to see if we could get into it....ended up watching the first 4 last night....

think i have until the end of day of april 2nd to finish season 1....season 2 available until june...

yeah,it was good...one of my fave`s in there(lena headey) doing a great job as an incestuous, power hungry bitch....

peter dinklage great as the smart-assed "evil family" dwarf son/brother with what seems like a somewhat decent side ......the guy is a scene stealer...as is the head-strong little daughter who gets her own "needle"....

production values are pretty damned good...looking forward to finishing season 1 in the next several days(gonna make make for a few long evenings)....

this couldn`t be based on some video game?...,pretty good stuff...

Welcome to the addiction 5x worse then heroin.

the addict

BI-WINNING
Forum Member
Oct 9, 2009
PA proud
ok...we decided to go all "on demand" on this show and watch the first few episodes of season 1 to see if we could get into it....ended up watching the first 4 last night....

think i have until the end of day of april 2nd to finish season 1....season 2 available until june...

yeah,it was good...one of my fave`s in there(lena headey) doing a great job as an incestuous, power hungry bitch....

peter dinklage great as the smart-assed "evil family" dwarf son/brother with what seems like a somewhat decent side ......the guy is a scene stealer...as is the head-strong little daughter who gets her own "needle"....

production values are pretty damned good...looking forward to finishing season 1 in the next several days(gonna make make for a few long evenings)....

this couldn`t be based on some video game?...,pretty good stuff...

Skip episode 8 of season 1 and just pretend ned starks went on a mission to find someone and hasn't returned yet....

And never returns....and has his head...

Will make things so much better for you.

That episode is a life changer.

Reactions: BobbyBlueChip

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
we`re on season 2 episode 5 or 6(everything`s becoming a bit blurry)......

there another actress in there(aside from headey) who`s every bit as good as any of the celebrated hollywood stars(streep/close/winslet etc)....carice van houten(she plays some sort of sorceress who just gave birth to a cloud of smog that has the ability to throttle her enemies..:SIB ).... not sure i`m crazy about this turn of events,but,this lady has an innate ability to play a character who is thoroughly connvinced of her own goodness while being about as thoroughly evil as evil can be(or just scary batshit crazy)..but who cares...she`s great.......saw her in another movie in which she played a similar character(and i`d bet my arse that it was that role that landed her in king of thrones)...it was called "black death" and also starred sean bean.....

what i like about this series is that much like the sopranos,it`s more character than story driven.....the story is good,but it almost seems like it really doesn`t matter where it goes at times....it can get a little disjointed....like where the young dude that was driven away by his father as a kid and was taken in by sean bean`s household and raised as their own goes back to his father`s clan as a representative of his adopted family,gets treated like shit yet again,and then seems to turn into a conscience-less monster in the blink of an eye....(how`s that for a run-on sentence?..:lol: )...i mean that was more than a little odd for me,but it probably enabled the writers a lazy sort of way to start another plotline ......

and truthfully i could do without the entire kol drogo/bleach blonde part..maybe the little dragons become a factor as i watch on...iain glen is doing a nice job as right hand man for the bleach blonde.....

but you don`t mind questionable plot detours or suspending belief a little because the characters and acting are so compelling....dinklage`s dwarf "king`s hand" character is one for the ages.....he`s just absolutely riveting....his exchanges with headey are sheer genius,imo...

Last edited:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
diana rigg sighting tonight...even as an old dowager,an excellent addition to the cast(was smokin` hot in her day)....

thought tonight was a particularly good episode.....

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Season 3 Episode 2 "Dark Wings, Dark Words" April 7th

What's up with Lady Margaery? Can't figure her out? Is she a psychopath or just plotting to run the whole Kingdom? When she is talking to Joffrey and grabs his new crossbow and says "Would you like to watch me kill people?" that was a little fucked up.

What's the deal with her?

Shae is a pure bad ass.......Tyrion Lannister told her not to come back. She not only comes back....she blows him. What a girl:00hour

Things aren't going that well for Jon Snow "Beyond the Wall" as stated earlier, he needs to get away from that snow and hit the beach somewhere.

And seriously can Arya Stark catch a break? I mean the poor girl just can't catch a fucking break. Brotherhood soldiers capture Sandor Clegane and he recognizes Arya. I mean seriously, another bad break for Arya.:facepalm:

Jaime Lannister gets caught, Brienne of Tarth was not able to keep her word and exchange him for Arya and Sansa. I was kind of hoping she was going to kill Jamie Lannister in that sword fight, no such luck.

tball

Forum Member
Apr 5, 2001
boston, ma
Season 3 Episode 2 "Dark Wings, Dark Words" April 7th

What's up with Lady Margaery? Can't figure her out? Is she a psychopath or just plotting to run the whole Kingdom? When she is talking to Joffrey and grabs his new crossbow and says "Would you like to watch me kill people?" that was a little fucked up.

i think she clearly knows how to play him -esp after getting the heads up from stark's oldest about him being a monster (when she said that "watch me", for whatever reason, i pictured her using it on him --that being his chance to watch her).

that older broad was a riot

--i hafta go back to catch up, though who was/is it that had theon there?

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
This is one of those shows you keep expecting to get better and have more action, and it never does. Seriously, how slow can this show be?? 😴

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
This is one of those shows you keep expecting to get better and have more action, and it never does. Seriously, how slow can this show be?? 😴

You should never be allowed to ever post on Madjacks ever again for what you just said.

In fact, you should never be allowed to ever access the Internet. And never be able to access television ever again.

You disgust me.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Season 3 Episode 3 "Walk of Punishment" April 14th

Tywin Lannister calls a meeting of the small council, it was comical seeing them all mess around with where one would sit. Tyrion slowly moving the chair was funny:142smilie

Tyrion discovers that Lord Baelish has borrowed millions in gold from well.......everybody. That ain't going to make the brass at King's Landing very happy.

Anybody pick up on the part where Arya confronts Sandor Clegane about the day he murdered Micah, the butcher's boy? Sadly she never got an answer, Sandor was put in the cart. Arya looking for some payback:box2:

Jaime Lannister pulls the "do you know who my father is?" card one too many times. Locke had enough of that shit and cut his hand off. Jamie Lannister finally gets what he deserves. No more sword play for him:scared

Theon Greyjoy gets saved and the "cleaning boy" (or whoever the fuck he is) tells him "Winter is coming". Umm what up with that:shrug:

Can someone just kill this fire bitch Melisandre, enough with her "Lord of Light" shit, and all that fire stuff. Enough. And shit, can Stannis Baratheon be any more pussy whipped? "Lord of Light" bitch owns him. Come on Stannis Baratheon, wake the fuck up:facepalm:

Daenerys sold one of her Dragons:scared :scared :scared

What the fuck:scared :scared :scared

The wildling army is going to attack the Wall:scared

Jon Snow better not kill his old buddies the Nightswatch. I will be pissed if her turns. He better not:nono:

Samwell Tarly witnesses Gilly giving birth to a baby boy. I think Samwell is going to step the fuck up and kick some ass. Sammy ain't going to let that boy die, step up Sammy, step up:firing:

lawtchan

Eat my pickle
Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
Bartlett, TN
Season 3 Episode 3 "Walk of Punishment" April 14th

Tywin Lannister calls a meeting of the small council, it was comical seeing them all mess around with where one would sit. Tyrion slowly moving the chair was funny:142smilie

Tyrion discovers that Lord Baelish has borrowed millions in gold from well.......everybody. That ain't going to make the brass at King's Landing very happy.

Anybody pick up on the part where Arya confronts Sandor Clegane about the day he murdered Micah, the butcher's boy? Sadly she never got an answer, Sandor was put in the cart. Arya looking for some payback:box2:

Jaime Lannister pulls the "do you know who my father is?" card one too many times. Locke had enough of that shit and cut his hand off. Jamie Lannister finally gets what he deserves. No more sword play for him:scared

Theon Greyjoy gets saved and the "cleaning boy" (or whoever the fuck he is) tells him "Winter is coming". Umm what up with that:shrug:

Can someone just kill this fire bitch Melisandre, enough with her "Lord of Light" shit, and all that fire stuff. Enough. And shit, can Stannis Baratheon be any more pussy whipped? "Lord of Light" bitch owns him. Come on Stannis Baratheon, wake the fuck up:facepalm:

Daenerys sold one of her Dragons:scared :scared :scared

What the fuck:scared :scared :scared

The wildling army is going to attack the Wall:scared

Jon Snow better not kill his old buddies the Nightswatch. I will be pissed if her turns. He better not:nono:

Samwell Tarly witnesses Gilly giving birth to a baby boy. I think Samwell is going to step the fuck up and kick some ass. Sammy ain't going to let that boy die, step up Sammy, step up:firing:

And the wilding army killed the horses and takes the soldiers ( prisoners) for food!! :scared :scared

Bite on a rag or bite on my fist

Bet on MyBookie