Kessler/Ward

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

MayorgaFan

Forum Member
Dec 12, 2003
didn`t say ward would beat kessler...i said as of right now i favor kessler.....just saying it`s a style that could cause him some problems....that,and the the intangibles(home court/equal height/hasn`t lost in 13 years)...

i was perfectly clear that ward was no calzaghe....and i said he couldn`t back kessler up(which joe did).....

i was just commenting that this caliber speed(and yes,ward is faster than mundine,who has beaten exactly nobody..mundine lost at home to manny f-cking siaca and got stopped by sven ottke) is not something that kessler has big experience dealing with in europe...

could he walk through ward?...sure he could...but miranda couldn`t...yes,i know miranda`s no kessler......but there are enough red flags there(for me) to give a guy pause...

Actually I don't think I quoted you did I? I was putting my opinion in this thread, nothing more or less. Oh and no I don't think Ward is faster than Mundine, nor is he a better fighter. Ward was out on his feet against Kenny Kost and dropped and needed a controversial decision against Darnell Boone BTW.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I'm on Valuev @ +180.
With right plan Haye wins this but I can't overlook + odds on Valuev in Germany against unproven HW with smelly beard.

I'm on the big guy too +190. With Haye gassing v thompson and life and death w/mormeck, I don't quite get the odds. Good luck.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
I don't know what to with this fight yet. But speed kills and the big goon hasn't faced any as fast and exlosive as Haye. Haye was killing himself at 200. He's very comfy at heavy. He could slay the giant. But no final take yet.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Actually I don't think I quoted you did I? I was putting my opinion in this thread, nothing more or less. Oh and no I don't think Ward is faster than Mundine, nor is he a better fighter. Ward was out on his feet against Kenny Kost and dropped and needed a controversial decision against Darnell Boone BTW.

first off...i`m not picking ward...i hope that`s clear...if it`s not,that`s your problem,not mine...

i didn`t put words in your mouth ...i explained what I was saying(which you obviously didn`t comprehend)...,

on mundine/ward...well,they aren`t at exactly the same point in their careers,now are they?...,in a 9 year career mundine has managed to avoid pretty much most of the major players at middle and super middle...and the one`s he fought, he lost to(aside from danny green and echols to a much lesser extent)....

why is that?....imo,either cause he`s overrated...or protected...that`s my opinion...feel free to disagree..maybe i`m wrong...

is ward out of his depth here?...may well be....kessler is arguably thee best super middle in the world...maybe he`ll handle ward as easily as he handled mundine...they didn`t do ward any favors by throwing him in with the best fighter in tourney right off the bat...

i`m debating whether to use kessler in a parlay...better than 2-1 straight up scares me...there are enough variables to make me reticent about taking the rubber band off ....

and that may change as the week wears on..that`s why i come here...to try and weigh both sides and come to a semi-educated conclusion...

that`s all i`m saying...i`m going to watch more video....

:shrug:..chill out mayorga....i`m not angling for a shinkick....:D ...i actually more laid back since i changed over from grippies to boxers....:thumb:

Last edited:

MayorgaFan

Forum Member
Dec 12, 2003

Did I or did I not quote you with my first post? The answer is no. My post was my opinion to this thread. You then post like what I said was directed at you. Now you are posting with a chip on your shoulder LOL Maybe from now on I will check with you before I givee my opinion.....OK I thought about it that's not going to happen. Personally I really don't care what you think. People like you are why people like me usually don't bother.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Did I or did I not quote you with my first post? The answer is no. My post was my opinion to this thread. You then post like what I said was directed at you. Maybe from now on I will check with you before I givee my opinion.....OK I thought about it that's not going to happen. Personally I really don't care what you think. People like you are why people like me usually don't bother.

easy.....look,it`s not personal...if i misinterpreted your post,i apologize...

we`re big boys...i think we can get past it...i may have gotten a little defensive...

my bad...

Last edited:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
a great thread romi started here...don`t let a little disagreement be a thread killer...we need as many opinions as possible....i see f.writer,armageto,brainiac and some others peeking in...

would like to hear from everyone..

like to hear from tony montana and franks....n.j...

if i was outta line,sorry...it`s been a bad week for me....

Fightwriter

Forum Member
Mar 9, 2008
I went with Ward ....

I went with Ward ....

a great thread romi started here...don`t let a little disagreement be a thread killer...we need as many opinions as possible....i see f.writer,armageto,brainiac and some others peeking in...

would like to hear from everyone..

like to hear from tony montana and franks....n.j...

if i was outta line,sorry...it`s been a bad week for me....

No secret for me, I went with Ward in the Boxing Monthly preview (the magazine is probably out in the U.K. now). I was able to have breakfast with Ward in Las Vegas earlier this year and there was something about his manner that impressed me. More to it than that, of course, but I did a detailed breakdown on the fight in the mag. He'll have to rise above anything he has shown before to win this. I think he can do it, but I know I'm swimming against the tide of opinion in this fight.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
I'm on the big guy too +190. With Haye gassing v thompson and life and death w/mormeck, I don't quite get the odds. Good luck.
Shit man. This is another fight I am staying away from. I'm becoming a coward in my old age :mj07:

Haye has a shit chin and might not have the best stamina in the world.

I just can't get the image of Evander "The Real Old Deal" Holyfield getting out of his weelchair between rounds to beat the Giant by throwing 5 punches a round while wearing an oxygen tank.

If I had to bet, it would be on the giant in Germany.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
No secret for me, I went with Ward in the Boxing Monthly preview (the magazine is probably out in the U.K. now). I was able to have breakfast with Ward in Las Vegas earlier this year and there was something about his manner that impressed me. More to it than that, of course, but I did a detailed breakdown on the fight in the mag. He'll have to rise above anything he has shown before to win this. I think he can do it, but I know I'm swimming against the tide of opinion in this fight.

thanks for responding graham..appreciated......as i was waiting for someone to bail me out for acting a little pissy (lol),i was watching some ward vs pantera....and he is a tad sloppy and doesn`t set down enough on his shots...but,i guess that`s not news..

glad we still have a few weeks to go before they toe the line... ...

Fightwriter

Forum Member
Mar 9, 2008
Valuev vs Holyfield: a thought on that fight

Valuev vs Holyfield: a thought on that fight

Shit man. This is another fight I am staying away from. I'm becoming a coward in my old age :mj07:

Haye has a shit chin and might not have the best stamina in the world.

I just can't get the image of Evander "The Real Old Deal" Holyfield getting out of his weelchair between rounds to beat the Giant by throwing 5 punches a round while wearing an oxygen tank.

If I had to bet, it would be on the giant in Germany.

I seem to recall Valuev being more than a little reluctant to fight Holyfield when the match was first mooted. There was a sense that Valuev felt that he was in a lose-lose situation: if he battered a faded legend it would win him no friends, if he had a bad night he would be castigated for NOT battering a faded legend.

I had the sense that Valuev was boxing just to score points in that fight and not going all out to try to hurt Evander. Just my impression of it.

In the Chagaev fight, Chagaev boxed out of his skin as they say in Britain. He fought a perfect tactical fight. It was very close, though, and there were times when I thought that Valuev's pressure was starting to tell on Chagaev, and there were a couple of rounds late in the fight where Chagaev was really feeling the strain, it seemed to me, but he dug down and fought through it.

I think that Valuev is going to be coming out to try to hurt Haye. I think we will see a better Valuev than we saw against Holyfield.

As a rule I don't like pulling the trigger on a fight until I have sat down and throughly analysed it, really gone through it, but as the fight gets closer I am liking Valuev a little bit.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

punchmaster

Forum Member
Apr 22, 2007
....and he is a tad sloppy and doesn`t set down enough on his shots......

This is why I see the only way Ward wins is running a track meet, fighting extremely negative and stealing the win in his hometown. Like the other Andre , seems to have extreme "punch aversion". He was horrified of taking a shot from Miranda and held on for dear life the few times Miranda had an angle on him.

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
Sounds about right punchy. Thing is Kessler isn't Miranda the psycho. He is way more of an accurate puncher and I'd say in has a lot more ring smarts. I think Kessler will figure out a way to cut off the ring and get in range.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Sounds about right punchy. Thing is Kessler isn't Miranda the psycho. He is way more of an accurate puncher and I'd say in has a lot more ring smarts. I think Kessler will figure out a way to cut off the ring and get in range.

i admit,the more i watch of ward,the less apprehensive about kessler i become.....

it`s gonna be an ugly fight.. lots of holding...and plenty of fred sanford moves....

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
"Fred Sanford" moves!!! You're killing me! Ward=B+/KesslerA+. An A is better than a B.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
lines at the "M" resort, Nevada; 11/06/2009

lines at the "M" resort, Nevada; 11/06/2009

The M posts some variant lines now and again. Today I found, and played, Kessler -180. Dropped a nickel from a few days ago. Maybe it will drop more, but I don't have powers to predict the future, so I bet the #. I don't care WHERE the fight is being held as I don't believe it will effect Kessler.