Margarito/Mosley

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i lost some pars on it...masterful performance at 38! by mosley....his best,imo.....

move over,bhop....

beautiful performance....i`ll gladly pay the man....

just an amzing game plan and performance...

margarito exposed...

muhr

Forum Member
Jul 28, 2007
I could not resist- Shane ITD +1800.

I believe the only people who have a chance of beating Margarito are body punchers.
Shane WAS a great body puncher once upon a time.

nice one

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I took my worst shit EVER. Just found out the fight in france ended in 4...OUCH. TOUGH TOUGH DAY. It will take a while to bounce back from this one but I'll chip away and get it back...might take a few months...CONGRATS Mos backers and GREAT GREAT call Weepaul!

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
maybe their is some merit to the plaster Margarito got caught with wrapping his hands. they ought to throw him out of boxing.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
Havn't seen the fight yet; incredible; i suspect Cotto damaged Margo's chin forever.

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
I would love to know what Hopkins and Mosley are taking these days.
Both have thrown like never before the last few fights.
Not saying they are doing anything illegal, but it sure seems odd how two guys are all of a sudden going all out and not tiring like they were.STRANGE!

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
What have we learned these last 4 months?

Bernard Hopkins and Shane Mosley.....GREAT GREAT GREAT all-time GREAT fighters

Oscar De La Hoya not so much

As a matter of fact, they should let the 20,000 people at Staples Center tonight piss on Oscar's statue before they tear it down... and erect a statue for a real fighter

SUGAR SHANE MOSLEY

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I would love to know what Hopkins and Mosley are taking these days.
Both have thrown like never before the last few fights.
Not saying they are doing anything illegal, but it sure seems odd how two guys are all of a sudden going all out and not tiring like they were.STRANGE!

Not making any excuses or loking for them but it's almost inhuman what those 2 have done in their last 2 fights. They both discovered the fountain of youth. How do they increase their strength, speed, stamina after looking past it in previous fights? Shane looked phenomenal tonight. Would not surprise me in the least if he were juiced.

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
Havn't seen the fight yet; incredible; i suspect Cotto damaged Margo's chin forever.
I don't think so bud. Margarito took some wicked shots to the chin but his forward progress was slowed down by some hellacious body shots.

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
Not making any excuses or loking for them but it's almost inhuman what those 2 have done in their last 2 fights. They both discovered the fountain of youth. How do they increase their strength, speed, stamina after looking past it in previous fights? Shane looked phenomenal tonight. Would not surprise me in the least if he were juiced.

The thing is steroids will not really help your stamina and that is what has changed the most with these two fighters.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006

The Stamina one is the biggest mystery especially with Hopkins who in his previous five fights basically refuse to throw more then five punches a round:shrug:

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
I've just rewatched Margo's victory over Cotto; after the third rd Margo had eaten so many hard shots from Cotto he was walking in slo mo like he was punchdrunk.

He might have won that but boy he was wayyy more hurt than people realised.

I'm not sure Mosley can pull the trigger like Cotto did, though.

I was right about the first one, wrong about the second.

Margo's career is probably over...:eek:

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
I don't think so bud. Margarito took some wicked shots to the chin but his forward progress was slowed down by some hellacious body shots.

As i said, i havn't seen the fight; guess you were right on that;

Hope you unloaded on this, congrats

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
This is one of the few times where I really think that I dont know boxing any more...I certainly didnt see this one coming, I gave Mosley a shot to win this fight on points, but not by stoppage....

When weepaul posted that outrageous line, I first thought it was from skybet, but then I saw it listet at 5dimes and decided to take it for 50 bucks....unfortunately I changed my mind and only bet 18 $ because I didnt want to lose that money LOL....

I lost pretty big today, close to 4 units which is pretty much by my standards, but I'm playing Evans strategy, so this loss isnt too hurtful....

I really took a gamble on some fights this week, Batelleo, this fight to go over, the Mosley fight to go over and to end in the last two rounds, the fight to end in a MD / SD, Mosley to win by decision, the Herrera fight to go under....the Lederman props won me some money back, but not nearly enough...

Sorry for all your losses, especially you, Ghost Kid and Romi....or anyone for that matter, I dont expect there are too many winners today!!

Congrats to Mosley and the drug industry...maybe its just a hunch, but I feel they might have their hands in there... ;-) ...kind of spoils Mosley's win a bit, well, I dont know, congrats to Mosley anyways...afterall, the guys who said Cotto ruined Margarito were right after all, I certainly didnt see this coming...

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Body shots Body shots Body shots
It's what did Tony in

that and the Tijuana victory tour
a.k.a hookers and booze the last 3 months

I was so focused on how Mosley looked against Mayorga
I never stopped to think about how Margarito would look after the Cotto fight

wow....Shane Mosley....like Merchant said....what a fighter

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
The Stamina one is the biggest mystery especially with Hopkins who in his previous five fights basically refuse to throw more then five punches a round:shrug:

Now thats really eye catching especially since they are so close...

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
oh, and thanks for the updates Ghost kid!!

You got it bro
I love it on the boards here, even in defeat

but its frustrating as hell to be so wrong
I invest so much time (and money!) into this

I got Fedor and Hieron on the Affliction card, so I made a minor (very minor) comback tonight

but 3 weekends in a row losing for me...first time in my life...i'm used to a bad weekend followed by three great ones...not the other way around !

:mj07:

but my bet size is going to be down to literally 5 and 10 dollars
embarrassing from where I was just 3 months ago

part of the game...hopefully i can stick this out

imagine this parlay:

B-Hop over Pavlik
Pac over Oscar
Shane over Margarito

who would have thought ? not me
:shrug: